What's on the shelves CT (2018)?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Evmo31, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onemoresolo

Onemoresolo Aspirant (282) Jul 21, 2014 Connecticut

Yep, shipping out to stores this week. The distributor didn't get much, but there will be some out there.

Other notable arrivals this week:
    • Lagunitas - Born Again Yesterday, Citrusinensis, Waldo's
    • Dogfish Head - Dragons & YumYums
    • Alesmith x Pizza Pub - Logical Choice TIPA
    • Industrial Arts - Wrench
    • Pipeworks - Ninja vs Unicorn
    • Kent Falls - Awkward Hug & False Imperative
    • St. Bernardus Wit 11.2oz 4pk cans: "

"St. Bernardus Wit is a traditional Belgian white beer developed and brewed in collaboration with the legendary Master Brewer Pierre Celis. This ale is very pale (whitish-yellow color) and quite hazy. The head is white and dense. In aroma, it has a wheaty, apple-like, tartness; herbal-spicy notes with coriander and orangey fruitness and honeyish sweetness. Very refreshing: perfect thirst quencher ! (5,5% ABV)"
    Also, it looks like Weyerbacher's SMS just hit distro. They have a new distributor, so we'll see how that goes this week.

Keithengelke, jtodeasa and lic217 like this.
  2. jtodeasa

jtodeasa Initiate (126) Nov 11, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

Parabola, Sucaba (again) Krieky Bones, Bretta Rose, Agrestic and Plan Bee's Barn Beer (in 375ml) all making appearances this week.

Roy_Hobbs likes this.
  3. Kozaka

Kozaka Defender (623) Apr 25, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Is Crazy Bruce’s still best option in Hartford area for singles/mix? Does Harvest allow?

4. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (160) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Worldwide in Southington is good. Be prepared for a 25% mark up from 4 or 6 pack price.

5. AaronF

AaronF Initiate (126) Jun 23, 2012 Connecticut

Harvest Farmington Ave has a nice selection of singles just as you walk in in the fridges on the left. Not everything is broken into singles, but you can certainly put together a nice mix. If they have the 4 or 6pk and not in the single fridge you can always ask...

Kozaka likes this.
  6. Kozaka

Kozaka Defender (623) Apr 25, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I did frequent there when I worked in Bristol. Too much of a detour for me now but thanks.

7. Haze4daysWithaG

Haze4daysWithaG Initiate (32) Apr 25, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

8. hazymcjooceface

hazymcjooceface Initiate (31) Mar 12, 2017 Connecticut

thanks for that

9. Haze4daysWithaG

Trader

No problem fellow #haze lover

hazymcjooceface likes this.
  10. Onemoresolo

Yeesh is Kent Falls' latest pilsner masterpiece. That and Shoots went out this week.

[​IMG]

One of the greatest pilsners I've ever had. Canned at the beginning of the week, Yeesh is both crisp and flavorful.

-------

Also new this week: Two Roads' Sauvignon Blanc Gose.

[​IMG]

This has the perfect balance of tart gose salinity and juicy Sauvignon Blanc goodness.

-------

Next week:
    Fat Orange Cat is sending out a VERY limited amount of Vito the Beer Whale Cat into distribution next week. AFAIK, it's the same one being released down at Veracious in Monroe tomorrow.

Also, while not beer, sour enthusiasts should keep an eye out for Graft ciders. There are four different varieties hitting shelves next week, including a gose-style cider with rosehips, a fruited mochi cider, and a mimosa-style cider with Vic Secret & Citra hops.

11. pbrian

pbrian Defender (689) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Kent Falls Yeesh is indeed a damn fine Pilsner. I was at the brewery last Thursday and it’s the one beer I left with.

brutalfarce likes this.
  12. Onemoresolo

• Sierra Nevada - Hoptimum
    • Founders - Dankwood
    • New Holland - Dragon's Milk Reserve: Chocolate Cherry
    • Singlecut - Jenny Said(?) and a new gose? I forget, didn't have an order for Sarene this week. Whoops.
    • Black Hog THC: Rakau
    • Fat Orange Cat - Vito the Beer Whale (red edition: Azacca & Simcoe) - I don't think this hit every FOC distro point, so have fun with that.
    • CT Valley - All Aboard: Super tasty, surprisingly. All Vic Secret hopped, so big tropical fruit goodness. Less chewy/dense than other CT Valley beers, which is much appreciated.
    • Two Roads - Conntuckey Lightnin' 375mL bottles, if anyone cares.

brutalfarce likes this.
  13. jaxon53

jaxon53 Meyvn (1,165) Mar 1, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Is there nothing new in CT?

14. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (269) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Lol doesn’t look like it! Someone explain to me how mass ends up getting Toppling Goliath and Cigar City beers and ct is left in the dust!!!!

brutalfarce likes this.
  15. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (160) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Apparently, Bell's should be here mid-June.

mltobin and necoadam like this.
  16. pbrian

I was scrolling through this Paste list of top pilsners that was posted in the Beer Talk group...

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...est-pilsners-blind-tasted-and-ranked.html?a=1

... And what do you know, Hanging Hills Hills Pils came in at number 5! Granted, take a "best of" click bait list for what it is, but Paste always seems to put some effort into theirs. I've always passed on this beer not having heard anything about it, but I'll definitely give it a shot now.

sulldaddy likes this.
  17. Shyla987

Shyla987 Initiate (117) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

Of all the "Best of" clickbait lists, totally agree Paste's is the best. They acquire the beers best they can, both asking breweries and buying on their own, and it is totally blind. They do put effort into it and have a good judging panel, so I trust it. Must admit tho, I like Fox Farm's Pils better than Hanging Hills.

Onemoresolo likes this.
  18. Haze4daysWithaG

Trader

Workhorse>

beanoboy7 and Pisthetaerus like this.
  19. Onemoresolo

Toppling Goliath is coming to CT very soon, though it hasn't been announced yet. Shhh. :wink:

20. smutty33

smutty33 Crusader (743) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

So glad Toppling Goliath is coming! We need some actual quality beer to replace the garbage (for the most part) that currently litters our shelves. A friend said a Star rep. told him hopefully by the end of the year.
    Also, I'm hearing a Bell's launch June 11th.

Cheers All.....

21. Rtsmithjr63

Rtsmithjr63 Initiate (184) Sep 16, 2017 Connecticut

Total wine has a great selection, stores in new Britain and Manchester are where I go also. Harvey's does limited mix stuff in their new location on new Britain ave.

22. Rtsmithjr63

Rtsmithjr63 Initiate (184) Sep 16, 2017 Connecticut

That's great news!!

23. smutty33

Trader

Anyone see any cans of Typecast? (Two Roads/Lawson's)

24. swierczt

swierczt Zealot (539) Sep 8, 2008 Connecticut

According to Bell's website the official launch starts next week (6/11) with some events around CT. https://www.bellsbeer.com/events?ut...um=Bell's Brewery&utm_content=Upcoming Events

25. Onemoresolo

Hopefully next week. Allocations are TIIIIGHT, so definitely keep an eye out early in the week.

And yes, Bell's drops Monday. IIRC, we're looking at Oarsman, Lager of the Lakes, Amber Ale, Two Heated, and Oberon in Essex, Old Saybrook, and New London County via Levine. I doubt Northeast will have anything beyond that for the rest of the state. Everything is available in cans except Amber Ale, so that's going to be an immediately dead item. Two Hearted will be available in in 6pk 12oz can, 4pk 16oz can, and 12pk 12oz cans.

Other new things from this past week/coming next week: CT Valley Brewing Pathfinder & Ace of Aces, Kent Falls' The Unicorns are Making Us Do This (another highly allocated item; we ended up with 2cs), MBC Lunch, Collective Arts' Liquid Arts Fest (Milkshake IPA w/ Passion fruit, mango, vanilla, and lactose), Enjoy By 7/4/18 ("accidentally filtered"), Soundview Brewing's Hartford Ave IPA (boring packaging, aside from the biodegradable 6pk holder, but solid, bright acidity, grapefruit-driven IPA, contract-brewed at Overshores), Bruery 500mLs: Frederick H. and Orchard Wit, and coming next week...

Springdale BA sours!!! I'm not sure of the exact lineup, but Kreik Mythology will be one of them and it is fantastic!!

Oh, and 12% stuff dropping next week:

OntheLambic and Beardaxe like this.
  26. Keithengelke

Keithengelke Initiate (190) Jun 23, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

Anyone know when a pipeworks drop is expected especially looking for sure bet?

27. lic217

lic217 Champion (882) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

Yup, 2 Hearted is the real deal. Great god damn beer.

smutty33 and pbrian like this.
  28. jtodeasa

jtodeasa Initiate (126) Nov 11, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

And it was packaged nine days ago. That's the impressive part.

lic217 and pbrian like this.
  29. smutty33

Trader

Agree, sipping that same 9 day old Two Hearted now. Delicious and as good as I remember. Super clean, well made. I smile as I type because it's been a while since I had a Two Hearted and I'm having an awesome flashback to some of my earliest trades here on BA, receiving those first few TH in the mail.

Oberon tasting lovely as well. Nice and simple.

Can't wait for Expedition Stout !

30. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aspirant (227) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

Had Two Hearted on draft tonight in Stamford. So solid, brings back great Midwest memories from business trips. Fresh cans will be nice once I get a chance to grab some.

smutty33, purephase and lic217 like this.
  31. pbrian

The cans I got last night were canned 5/21. I got screwed! :smile:
    They were delicious, my wife and I polished off that six pretty quick, time to get more!

32. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (156) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Total Wine received a re-release of Bourbon County 2017 Stout and Barleywine. Plenty on the shelves of both at the Manchester location, but at the hefty price tag of $12.99/stout and $19.99/BW.

33. beanoboy7

beanoboy7 Initiate (186) Jun 22, 2014 Connecticut

They had Northwood this morning. $29.99.

34. BiffWoodentree

BiffWoodentree Initiate (76) Oct 16, 2013 Connecticut

and regal for 50. i went at 2pm and they had a ton left.

35. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (156) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

A ton of Regal, or do you mean regular BCBS?

36. Keithengelke

Keithengelke Initiate (190) Jun 23, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

Does anyone know if Pipeworks Sure Bet is coming? I saw it was at the Brewery a couple weeks ago.

37. BiffWoodentree

BiffWoodentree Initiate (76) Oct 16, 2013 Connecticut

Sorry, they at 2pm on saturday they had about 6 regal (49.99) on the shelf, 6 northwoods (29.99), and a large amount of regular (12.99) and barley wine (19.99)

Shwilly_Vanilli likes this.
  38. Glazoo

Glazoo Initiate (51) Oct 17, 2016 Connecticut

Yep
    My wife isn't a fan of IPA's but she'll always try a sip of a new one I have. After trying 2 Hearted she said "That's really good, I could drink that"

lic217 likes this.
  39. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Devotee (485) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

haven't picked up the Two Hearted had the Oberon, not bad

40. coteman6789

coteman6789 Initiate (45) Jan 22, 2016 Connecticut

Toppling Goliath announced on Twitter/FB they're coming to CT (w/Star Distributing). No dates that I saw, however. Anyone know when they are supposed to be showing up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.