What's on the shelves in Connecticut? (2019)

Discussion in 'New England' started by PenningtonNY10, Jan 7, 2019.

1. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Initiate (166) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

I figured we could start a new edition for the new year after the 2018 one got locked. I love seeing what's new to CT!

sulldaddy and Mkozaka like this.
  2. plliw

plliw Initiate (1) Jan 8, 2019

Crucial Mass from Counterweight hits statewide this week. Looks pretty damn good.

Lucasdia and brutalfarce like this.
  3. pbrian

pbrian Defender (663) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

I was excited to see Von Trapp Helles in cans last week, not so much because of the cans, but because it meant they were fresh. But they tasted like crap, way sweeter than I remember and they had this weird Smokey flavor. I was so bummed, I’ve loved this beer in the past. Has anyone else had them? Please tell me I’m wrong !

brutalfarce likes this.
  4. zeile33

zeile33 Initiate (59) Oct 8, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

Got some crucial Mass last week. It was really good.

brutalfarce likes this.
  5. PenningtonNY10

My friend shared a small growler of it since I missed the last can release, it was so good.

brutalfarce and plliw like this.
  6. plliw

Also got word that Lock City EEPA should be floating around the state, though in very little quantities!

brutalfarce likes this.
  7. von_kaiser

von_kaiser Crusader (701) Feb 19, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

Harvest in WH has/had tilquin rouge 375’s this past Friday. Tried posting then but thread was locked.

brutalfarce likes this.
  8. jonphisher

jonphisher Aspirant (212) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Just posted on another forum about how I love this beer too. Hopefully it was just a one time being off thing. Haven’t seen the new can format here in NJ yet.

Came in to say thanks to whoever in the old Fox farm forum it was that recommended I pick up counterweight workhorse while I was up in CT. Very tasty indeed.

9. coteman6789

coteman6789 Initiate (38) Jan 22, 2016 Connecticut

Anyone know what the deal is with Old Nation/Modern Times? Were Those 1 time drops or will they be coming to CT somewhat regularly?

brutalfarce likes this.
  10. plliw

Old Nation was a trial distro. Knowing CT we won't be seeing it soon, if ever again. Modern Times is for sure gonna stick around though, hopefully we get more within the next month or two considering all their announcing for the next year.

brutalfarce and coteman6789 like this.
  11. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (363) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

for what its worth CBS is around most places around 26$, and crucial mass is delicious

12. lic217

lic217 Champion (855) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

A mountain of G-Bot at Total Wine in West Hartford (11.99 or 12.99).

brutalfarce likes this.
  13. Onemoresolo

Onemoresolo Aspirant (281) Jul 21, 2014 Connecticut

I was told by a manager @ Star Distributors that Modern Times will likely be a 3x a year drop. Not sure why they'd bother at that point.

Also, I noticed that Equilibrium is registered in the state and will be distributed by Craft Beer Guild. Not sure if it'll be draft-only or we'll see cans, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

14. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (141) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Confirmed from a CBG rep that they picked up EQ. Trying to get more specifics.

15. PenningtonNY10

Hopslam is out there

Mikexw and Lucasdia like this.
  16. pedrom45

pedrom45 Initiate (17) Dec 29, 2017 Connecticut

Anyone know if crucial mass is going to be regularly distributed to stores?

17. bbfcfm11

bbfcfm11 Initiate (82) Feb 12, 2012 Connecticut

Talked to an HDI rep yesterday and it sounds like it should be out about once a month for now.

18. pedrom45

pedrom45 Initiate (17) Dec 29, 2017 Connecticut

Thanks appreciate the response!

19. plliw

Damn, where are you getting this info?
    CT's shelves finally getting stacked up.

20. plliw

Every week it seems like we're getting more and more stuff even though its January.

So much fresh Foreign Objects out there, Fascination Street being my most recent favorite.

Onemoresolo and Lucasdia like this.
  21. Mkozaka

Mkozaka Devotee (490) Apr 25, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

For anyone passing through Cromwell - Mom and Pops on Shunpike has Headway for $8.99 this month. Also Sea Hag at $16.98 for two sixers.

plliw, sulldaddy, ianous and 4 others like this.
  22. keithmurray

keithmurray Meyvn (1,341) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut

Where?

23. PenningtonNY10

I've seen Harvest in West Hartford and Manchester Wine and Liquor post about getting it. I'm sure it's got a pretty good distro footprint.

24. plliw

I think everyone should have it by Friday if not Monday, unless a store is a little slower to stock seasonals.

25. bsullivan

bsullivan Initiate (76) Aug 17, 2017 Connecticut
    Trader

Liquor Depot in Avon had Hopslam yesterday

26. bootdown21

bootdown21 Disciple (356) May 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

Hopslam is now in SE CT.... $17.99 a 6 pack and $39.99 for the 5L mini-keg.

27. tsir

tsir Initiate (15) Jan 17, 2019 District of Columbia

Heard Hopslam is a limited item. Each salesman has a small allotment to supply who he chooses.

28. lic217

Trader

Total wine in west hartford had a stack of hopslam. $19 a sixer (split a sixer with my brother in law). Tastes really good. Glad to finally try it.

smutty33 likes this.
  29. Onemoresolo

Onemoresolo Aspirant (281) Jul 21, 2014 Connecticut

I'm the manager/beer buyer for a liquor store in Essex, but that bit of info was gleaned from the Craft Beer Guild website. The rep had mentioned rumblings of a high-profile NY brewery hitting their portfolio, but there doesn't seem to be a specific release date on the horizon.

[​IMG]

Foreign Objects is easily my favorite brewery in our coolers right now. Besides the IPAs being straight fire, they also nail a broad spectrum of lagers. The most accessible one for an IPA drinker would definitely be Sonnenaufgang: an American pilsner, dry-hopped with Galaxy. I also enjoyed Eine Nächtliche Halluzination, a decidedly more European take on the style. Lots of rustic, musty grains and citrus/floral hops.

Lucasdia likes this.
  30. augiecarton

augiecarton Initiate (191) Oct 22, 2010 New Jersey
    Industry

the first of those beers we were talking about will start making there way around today... please let me know your thoughts.

31. plliw

Was told they're planning the launch event at The Beamhouse pretty soon? Think it'll come within the next month or so. Pray for cans!

32. swierczt

swierczt Zealot (523) Sep 8, 2008 Connecticut

Picked up a 6 pack of Hopslam at CT Beverage Mart in Wallingford today for $19.99. There were at least 4 more sixers in the cooler. Looking forward to trying it over the weekend.

33. Mkozaka

Society Trader

Are there any 11/30 (or more recent) cans of Workhorse around central CT? Asked my local to reload but nothing delivered yet. Also struck out at four stores today.

34. plliw

Pretty sure it's been out of stock for awhile and I don't believe CW has done a recent canning

Mkozaka likes this.
  35. skleice

skleice Aspirant (265) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

There was talk of Resurgam being distributed. Has that come and gone or still on its way?

brutalfarce likes this.
  36. Mkozaka

Society Trader

5 bottles at Willowbrook, $13.99.

brutalfarce and skleice like this.
  37. plliw

Just tried Lil Juicy, almost seems hoppier than Two Juicy!

Also Beamhouse announced their Equilibrium event will be on Feb 4th, definitely gonna try to make it out.

brutalfarce and Lucasdia like this.
  38. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (363) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Lil Juicy and Lawsons Maple Nipple at Nicks Chilled & Distilled in Sandy Hook

39. zeile33

zeile33 Initiate (59) Oct 8, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

Lawson's finally started distributing something other than sip and SS2 here?

40. lic217

Trader

Yes