Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

What's the craziest beer you have had?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by smitherz22, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Sourkehd

Beer Trader

2006 3fs Doesjel was chock full of dirty diaper burnt rubber goodness. Very unique indeed.

2. TylerD420

I don't know how crazy this is but, I have had maple bacon, also bannanna bread!

3. rvajohn

Beer Trader

Hardywood Gingerbread Stout may not be the "craziest", but it is definiteely one of the most unquie. There are lots of pale ales that one may remind me of another. I'd have to say. No other beer reminds me of this one

4. reverseapachemaster

I was gifted a bottle of Voodoo Maple Bacon Ale last week. I didn't think it was that exotic tasting. It just tasted like a rauchbier with way too many kinds of disparate smoked malts. I'm glad I tried it but happy to never have it again.

Most exotic beer I've ever drank...not really sure anything I've had counts as really exotic these days when you can find saisons with candied endive, chocolate and a bunch of other stuff in it or a coffee lambic. As long as it tastes good, I think it's fine to brew it. I'm not down for exotic brews just to say you did something crazy. If it doesn't taste good, don't sell it. Five ingredients or five hundred, the same rule of flavor should apply first and foremost.

5. PatrickBeebe

Beer Trader

Cigar City's Snack attack. Tasted like straight up like peanut butter.

6. semibaked

Well it would be Right Brain Brewery's Spear Beer, it is pretty much an Asapargus Lager, it was complete shit and I love Asparagus.

Also Short's Blood Beer is pretty crazy too, not a fan though, better than I thought it would be.

7. BeerWizard

I had a dunkel-wiezen, which was perfectly good by itself -- even delicious -- splashed with some kind of red, fruity syrup by the barman. "Check this out," he said. Really? That, to me, was crazy.

8. lemongelo

Xyauyù Etichetta Rame (Copper) - Birrificio Le Baladin

9. shawnohall

Any beer made with different food flavors may be weird, but they're at least drinkable...to varying degrees. Brews made from body parts, bodily fluids or waste...I'll pass.

10. Lutter

Funky Buddha Sweet Potato Cassarole

11. devlishdamsel

21st amendment hell or high watermelon, It tasted like bitter jolly ranchers. The taste lingered a bit too long.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe