What's your Favorite Coconut Stout?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by nolinenowait, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manfromanotherplace

manfromanotherplace Zealot (508) May 19, 2015 New York

Xocoveza.....excellent

2. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Champion (839) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

FB Last Snow

3. DeskLazer

DeskLazer Initiate (83) Jan 25, 2013 Pennsylvania

I dig regular mash and mash&grind, but I've never had the coconut variant. I presume draft only, eh?

4. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (247) Feb 28, 2015 California

they were gonna bottle it and even went as far as getting labels made (see below) but then i believed they realized it was going to turn or was prone to infection so they just put it on draft in the tasting room with growler fills. but boy, that beer was amazing.

i think there were talks of it coming back this year possibly, but after this mash and grind issue already, who knows.

5. Fox82791

Fox82791 Devotee (465) Jun 20, 2014 New York
    Trader

prop 13 had an amazing amount of coconut but it had some age on it, could only imagine fresh. As of right now I'd have to say no rules

6. Seanem44

Seanem44 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Virginia

Last Snow. Had it in FL this past November. Haven't been able to get my hands on it since. AMAZING stuff.

deadonhisfeet likes this.
  7. Gastone

Gastone Initiate (151) Feb 27, 2006 Massachusetts

I haven't seen anyone mention Big Bad Bunny from Steady Habit. The second time Jon brewed this SH was still pretty much under the radar and it was the first time I saw lines out the door.

8. NealioATX

NealioATX Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2015 Texas

Technically not a stout but Death by Coconut is amazing. I just received the Boulevard Smokestack Stout with roasted coconut. I can't wait to try it!

deadonhisfeet likes this.
  9. JuanAlberto

JuanAlberto Aspirant (221) May 9, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Rum BA Monsters Park w/coconut

edd562 likes this.
  10. TrapJaw77

TrapJaw77 Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2015 Illinois

Hawaiian Speedway Stout.

11. BloodInMyHair

BloodInMyHair Initiate (41) Dec 24, 2015 Arizona

Definitely prop 13 followed by hawaiian speedway. And for porter, the Maui Imperial coconut porter is amazing. I wish they would can that or barrel age it........oh and victory at sea coconut is really good as well.

12. riotontheroad

riotontheroad Devotee (430) Apr 7, 2010 California
    Trader

So Happens Its Tuesday w/coconut was amazing (taproom draft only). Not sure why the Bruery hasnt brought that one back this year?

JuanAlberto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.