When does KBS hit stores in MN?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Mista, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ish1

Ish1 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2010 Minnesota

Same with CW bourbon Barrell Stout. It's not quite KBS, but much easier to find.

2. maximum12

maximum12 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,662) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

South Lyndale tweeted they were releasing their allotment at 5PM Friday, limit 2 bottles. Go get in line. :slight_smile:

3. Douggo

Douggo Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2009 Minnesota

Blue Max tweeted that they're out.

4. incutrav

incutrav Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2007 Minnesota

Correct. I think this, like many other limited releases, is more about the hunt, then the actual product. KBS is good, but is it twice as good as Peruvian Morning(or others)? Same thing can be said for Darkness, etc

5. jera1350

jera1350 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,017) Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

They had a one bottle limit and were sold out within an hour or two.

Like mentioned before, not even worth the drive for one bottle.

MBrausen likes this.
  6. elshaggy

elshaggy Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2009 Minnesota

It was worth my time just to check out FF today. The guys were apologetic and very nice when they heard we were interested in KBS. We both found some great bottles not available to us and left very happy. Great shop!

There will always be more KBS next year, but for now local brews!

7. MNPikey

MNPikey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I got two bottles at Princetons in Maple Grove at 2:30pm! They still had some on the shelf.

8. mothman

mothman Grand Pooh-Bah (5,802) Jun 21, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I will be buying a ton of PM when I go through Wisconsin next week. I won't have to waste gas driving to stores to buy one $6 bottle of beer. Yayyyy

Ungertaker likes this.
  9. hardy008

hardy008 Pooh-Bah (2,257) Jan 12, 2008 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

I was fortunate today. A four pack each of KBS, Peruvian Morning, and Central Waters BBBW all in the same store.

10. Steasy66

Steasy66 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 Minnesota

Went to about 10 stores, saw the last 4 pack go out the door at Big Top. Nobody else had gotten any. Seems like the distribution is staggered. I picked up a nice haul of great beers and found a hidden gem of a liquor store so the expedition was far from a waste.

11. BrianJ

BrianJ Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2003 Minnesota

Got a bottle at Cellar's Eagan around 5:00 PM, they had a 1 bottle limit and there were a few left.

They had a lot of good stuff there today. I also got Footprint and Alaskan Birch Bock.

12. maximum12

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If you try either the Footprint or Birch Bock soon, I'd be interested in what you think. Had both in hand today & left both behind.

13. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

more like 1 bottle.

14. mothman

mothman Grand Pooh-Bah (5,802) Jun 21, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I posted a review for the birch bock. It was mediocre, like SN life and limb.

15. UnderhillAcct

UnderhillAcct Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Deactivated

Good lord. No offense.

16. Guffy

Guffy Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2012 Minnesota

Am I the only one with good luck getting 10 today???

[​IMG]

17. MattyG85

MattyG85 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2010 Minnesota

I got two bottles from Dennis Brothers tonight. Going to try getting to a couple stores that told me they are getting it tomorrow but I have a 3 hour class in the morning so that might be difficult.

18. Steasy66

Steasy66 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 Minnesota

None taken, had some free time, made a loop around my house, about 15 miles total, found a great new store and had a great time. I don't even like KBS that much, it was just something to do.

Ish1 likes this.
  19. BarryInMN

BarryInMN Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2012

KBS was delivered today. I bought two bottles at Princeton's in Maple Grove. I also called the two distributors for Founder's and they both told me they were not allowed to deliver KBS before today so anyone who claims to have seen it before today is mistaken.

I also know personally of at least one other store that will not even put it out on the shelves. You have to know the owners or employees to even know that they have it.

20. maximum12

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Mmmmm, I loved Life & Limb. I'll interrogate you tomorrow if you show up.

yamar68 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.