Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Scandinavia When is Blabaer release day in 2012?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by UncleJimbo, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurleymanvw

hurleymanvw Jan 9, 2007 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the insite, some of the ones in the US get crazy.

2. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Mar 15, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

This is the toughest release date for it. Not only am I flying back into Scandinavia two days after the release (probably missing the beer), but I also can't get any of my Swedish friends to go from Malmo to Copenhagen because it's the day after Midsummer. I wonder if Olbutikken did this to screw their neighbors to the north.

3. doopiedoopiedoo

doopiedoopiedoo Oct 2, 2010 Netherlands

I think in general Americans are just way more upthight about aquiring the newest whale on the block than most Europeans.

OtisCampbell and Kuemmelbrau like this.
  4. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Mar 15, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Meant as a joke to the Swedes, particuarly those living in Malmo. They love their beer but for them to take time off a Holiday to acquire beer is sacrilegious.

I still have my trading partners, just need to give up a little bit more.. Who knows though, if its still there on Saturday, I may take a detour to also visit friends last minute in Copenhagen.

5. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

Hah... yeah. Several friends of mine are pissed about the date. You really have to appreciate what a big deal midsummer is for us swedes. It's on level with thanksgiving... :p

6. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I'd blow off Thanksgiving to get Blabaer. Then again, I don't really give a shit about holidays, Europeans seem to be into them.

7. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

Well, the thing about living close to Copenhagen, or at least within reach... it's not that big of a deal to just wait until next year. It's not like Blåbær is that good either :/

8. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Well, I'm taking donations!

9. doopiedoopiedoo

doopiedoopiedoo Oct 2, 2010 Netherlands

So I heard. Blabla isn't all that great, yet everybody wants it. Is it because it's a rare Cantillon? Is it the blueberries?
    Why is this the holy grail of fruit beer?

Just curious but not curious enough to drive 10hrs one way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe