When is Cherry Rye hitting DC/MD/VA?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by starrdogg, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starrdogg

starrdogg Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2010 District of Columbia

Anyone heard anything about if/when this might be coming? We've gotten a ton of BCBCS, but nary of whiff of the Cherry Rye yet. That seems strange since they were released together in Chicago.

2. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,727) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

Your guess is as good as mine... it truly is taking forever... i am convinced it wont show up.

3. raveskdr

raveskdr Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Virginia

Already told Starr, but for everyone elses information: Cherry was supposed to come with Coffee and Big John. For some unknown reason, it did not. Expect it to hit VA in the next few weeks.

The usual suspects will be getting a case each. SUPER limited, as everyone assumed.

4. AleToTheVictors

AleToTheVictors Zealot (557) Feb 7, 2012 Maryland

I saw BCBCS at a bottle shop in DC yesterday. FWIW, owner said Cherry Rye was coming soon.

5. CoastieSimon

CoastieSimon Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2010 Florida

Was at Whole Foods Alexandria yesterday and it just happened that the Goose Island rep or distributor was there. I overheard them talking and they will be getting 1 case of Cherry Rye and 1 case of Coffee, don't know when but I'm assuming the next delivery...

6. Evilonewhichsobs

Evilonewhichsobs Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013

I'm new to craft beer and purchased the regular BCBS four packs and loved it. When you say usual suspects where would you be referring to?

7. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2009 Maryland

Are you sure you want into this blood sport that is BCBS hunting?

8. Beerontwowheels

Seeing as your profile is ultra private, I cannot tell whereabouts you live. Since i cannot determine whereabouts you live, I cannot recommend a number of local stores that might have BCBS variants.

9. Evilonewhichsobs

Evilonewhichsobs Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013

Sorry. I just set up the account and switched everything to private. I live in Fairfax County. Reston to be specific. I have been to the Wine Cabinet in Reston and Norm's in Vienna. But if you know of any other good spots I'm willing to travel.

10. Beerontwowheels

Check your local Whole Foods. They tend to get the good stuff. You may want to call and ask if they expect any. From the Bolt Cutter release, I learned they no longer do reserve lists.

11. Jtc2811

Jtc2811 Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 California

Called whole foods Alexandria- their shipment for today came in, no cherry rye

12. starrdogg

Guess I answered the question to my own post. Cherry Rye started hitting stores in VA today. I heard 14 cases for the state, no store will get more than 1 case. The same places that got BCS Coffee are your best bets to find it.

djre4orm likes this.
  13. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Maryland

Talked to Norm's a couple times today. Apparently their case went to someone else and they missed out. Total Wine McLean says next week. Any idea who's got it now?

14. starrdogg

The only places that I definitely know got it this week are Westover Market and Total Wine Alexandria, both of whom sold out already. I'd check the other TW locations and Whole Foods Fair Lakes.

15. Jtc2811

Jtc2811 Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 California

TW Vienna has coffee but no more cherry

16. jaheussner

jaheussner Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2008 District of Columbia

TW Fairfax had 3-4 bottles left as of 10:30 his morning. 17.99 per. Also had 5-6 cases of Madame Rose if anybody missed out there.

17. DCgolfpro

Whole Foods in Arlington has some for $18.99

djre4orm likes this.
  18. MattNelson

MattNelson Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2010 District of Columbia

on the shelf or limited?

19. DCgolfpro

Talk to Ivan. They haven't put it out yet. Doubt they will.

20. MattNelson

MattNelson Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2010 District of Columbia

Score! Thank's man. He has 4 bottles left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.