Where Are You Staying Huna Weekend?

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by xxcarpxx, Feb 24, 2013.

1. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Jan 13, 2011 Alabama

Looks like the Pegs bottle sharing is covered up and can't take any more people ... So that has me thinking, what hotel is everyone staying at??? Any bottle sharing going on at your hotels?? If I pull the trigger on going, it looks like I'll stay at Double Tree close to the airport....
    Cheers.. JC

2. raczkowski

raczkowski May 16, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

i am staying at the sheraton east tampa hotel about 15 minutes from CCB because of a football clinic being held there. not sure if people wil venture that far away, but its free and i can commute. if anyone plans on staying there and wants to do a bottle share,just shoot me a BM. cheers!

3. xxcarpxx

Change that room to Sheraton on Cypress.... Anyone staying there??? Maybe want to have bottles sharing??

4. injuredreserve

injuredreserve Apr 18, 2010 Louisiana

Staying at Hilton, can do a share there.

RayUF07 likes this.
  5. danoeltico

danoeltico Jul 14, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

6. xxcarpxx

Maybe a few of us can get together.... I'll be taking a cab where ever I go.....I don't thing Hilton is far from Sheraton....

7. raymo55

raymo55 Oct 3, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

In the parking lot

madnismo, chardlogic and xxcarpxx like this.
  8. jcreegan

jcreegan Aug 12, 2010 Florida
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Marriott on west shore for me.

9. chardlogic

chardlogic Feb 18, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

I'll be at La Quinta Inn, if anyone wants to do a small bottle share the night before Huna.

10. ATLhophead

ATLhophead Sep 9, 2009 Georgia

Marriott Westshore. Coming down with a few folks! We'd definitely be down for a bottle share.

11. xxcarpxx

Looks like I picked the least happening place to stay at.... I'm definitely up for getting together Friday night... I think I have a board room in my suite...I might be wrong...(i'll have to check)....we can get a few people together there....or at one of you guys room...

12. xxcarpxx

Ok guys...trying to organize something for Friday evening... all you that have replied to this thread will get invited into a private group conversation...so we can talk about what time...where..and what we have to bring to the table...would like to get this nailed down.......
    Anyone else interested in sharing will need to be invited into the private group conversation... So message me, or post that you in on the bottle sharing and I'll add you in on the conversation..... I'm getting excited for what might get threw out on the table.....
    Cheers...JC

13. RayUF07

RayUF07 Sep 22, 2012 Florida

Down for a share, will be at the Hilton right by CCB.

14. joshodonn

joshodonn Jan 21, 2011 Florida

Hey put me in on the private convo... I know I'll be down that way at some point Friday night, I have to go to CCB to help set up our homebrew booth, so I may be able to meet up before and/or after that.

15. Lefty1881

Lefty1881 Dec 31, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

My cousin's in St Pete

16. Yesac

Yesac Dec 28, 2007 Georgia

Seems like we got enough interest, just need to nail down a spot.

17. AtlCarl

AtlCarl Feb 1, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Traveling with a group of 3 or 4, and we are staying at the Hilton. Was under the impression that there was a big share at CCB Friday night, but that doesn't appear to be the case. We would love to get in on a big group share someplace and will be packing plenty of goodies.

18. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Sep 15, 2007 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Big Share on Friday is at Pegs. There tends to be impromptu tastings at CCB on Friday night as well if history repeats itself. There is usually a big one there but it tends to be employees and close friends of CCB from what I can tell.

Glad to hear more friendly faces from Atlanta will be there :)

My group will be at the Crowne Plaza as of now. We have a room we can cancel if we happen to find a better deal.

19. woodchopper

woodchopper Jul 31, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

i am sure a local my be able to chime in and say if there's a local spot Thats byob and wants to sell a ton of food...... or maybe the y can point us in the right direction..... so who's bringing what? ;) so there's not a bunch of the same things.....

20. CaptCleveland

CaptCleveland Jun 18, 2003 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Will be at the Hilton.
    The past two years there has been a bottle share at CCB. Not many employees, but people standing in the CCB brewery around a huge round table opening bottle after bottle. Though this has been the norm the past two years, it's difficult to count on this happening again considering the growth in scope and numbers. Best to set up something at a central hotel. Maybe even hit the hotel up for use of a private room.

raymo55 likes this.
  21. jrcmlc

jrcmlc Aug 8, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Looks like I may be at the extended stay on Spruce.... Any idea if that is safely walkable to CCB? Seems pretty short, maybe 10 minutes and appears to have sidewalks...although that doesn't mean much...

22. gunhaver

gunhaver May 27, 2007 Florida

CCB is a very easy walk from Extended Stay

23. AtlCarl

AtlCarl Feb 1, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the info! We are definitely planning on stopping by Peg's when we get in, and then I guess just taking it from there.

I don't know how we haven't caught up before now, but definitely looking forward to seeing you and some other ATL folks down there!

24. 305BEER

305BEER Jan 4, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

I'm also staying at the extended stay. It's not a great neighborhood but you'll probably be walking with quite a few people from there and it's only 1/2 a mile

25. jrcmlc

Beer Trader

I always love to hear the "not a great neighborhood".

was kind of hoping to take my bottles back to the hotel so I didn't have to lug them around...maybe I'll just drive down to sears.

26. 305BEER

Beer Trader

It really doesn't bother me but some people are apparently uncomfortable with it. There's about 100 strip clubs in walking distance in case hunahpu isn't decadent enough for you

27. jrcmlc

Beer Trader

Sigh. Perhaps I should have picked a different location.

28. chardlogic

chardlogic Feb 18, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Pouring a chilled Huna down a stripper's backside into a glass below is the very definition of decadence.

29. xxcarpxx

I guess it's just me.....but I like the idea of about 100 strip clubs between my hotel and CCB...ha

woodchopper and RayUF07 like this.
  30. 305BEER

Beer Trader

beer geek's version of poppin bottles in the champagne room

dachshunddude86, xxcarpxx and Deltoro like this.
  31. Lansman

Lansman Mar 19, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I was planning on staying at the Extended Stay, a short walk down Spruce Street west from Cigar City.

Looking on Google Maps, I see no strip clubs or anything that would be deemed as sketchy on that walk to CCB. Am I missing something? I see Concorde Career Institute, an open field, two buildings related to Health Care services, a post office, and what appears to be a waste management facility of some sort.

32. jrcmlc

Beer Trader

There is a promo code for the extended stay of "lpo20". You enter it under "more search options" when checking availability. It takes $20 off your stay. Also, if you book through their website like this, they don't include tax in the total, but I found even after calling to get the taxed amount, it was still quite a bit cheaper than any of the remarketers like hotels.com and the like, AND the $20 code was not something any of them offered either.

33. 305BEER

Beer Trader

I guess I could have worded that differently. Some people have mentioned having an issue with the neighborhoods in that part of tampa but then again some people will tell you all of tampa is a ghetto. It's really not bad unless you grew up in a high dollar gated community all of your life and have no idea what a real block looks like. The boobie bars might be in the other direction but there's lots of them. One even has a space ship on top of it. Not sure if they have any tri-breasted women within it, though.

34. RayUF07

The strip clubs are on the other side, on Dale Mabry.

35. jrcmlc

Beer Trader

So maybe walking to/from the hotel will be reasonably safe after all....

36. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

Suddenly I am more interested in Huna Day.

37. RayUF07

I think the strip clubs are very safe. There are some neighborhoods around some may consider rough, but I think you'll be fine. I've never had an issue in the area. I think it's a perfectly safe area.

38. cacostaj

cacostaj Feb 15, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

I'll be going up solo from Miami and would like to join in the fun

39. deezy23

deezy23 Nov 15, 2009 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Staying at the Hilton

40. Askchucky

Askchucky May 2, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Double tree

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe