Where is Avery Uncle Jacob Batch #2?

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by hitter114, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prospero

Prospero Savant (944) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

:(:angry::( 1 case for a 800+ case beer and it's the home state. Sad. I shouldn't feel like I need to go to the brewery release for an annual beer such as UJ, but maybe that's what it's come down to. Price around town is $12.99 too. :(:angry::( Disappointment. Yes only $1 markup from brewery release, but they allowed 1-case per person, not per store, like we're seeing with the current allotment.

Unjustified disappointment, maybe, am I mad? No. Just can't believe such a small allotment was made for a city like Denver. No we're not entitled to more, just thought they'd cater to the local crowd first, that's all.

Mebuzzard likes this.
  2. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,446) May 19, 2005 Colorado

Thanks for the time to address these concerns, Andy. It is appreciated.

However, it is difficult to find belief in some things that just don't add up "on the ground". I won't go into them here.
    As I said before, I'd rather have these releases be brewery only. Pissing everybody off is way better than pissing off some by treating them unfairly or as inferiors (we feel it, and so do our customers). That damages relationships, as it is doing with us and Avery. Support goes both ways.

3. Bardwashrind

Bardwashrind Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Releasing the beer at the brewery was Avery's way of catering to the locals. While the case amount sounds as if more than enough should be available, there are hungry mouths to feed in both on and off premise locations. In our state and elsewhere. The situation was discussed in detsil in previous posts and those that might feel they were expecting a larger amount for the homestate should remember that bottles were offered directly to the consumer from the start. We should feel lucky that a beer of this quality was made in an amount that can actually connect with a wide range of enthusiasts.

4. SiflandOlly

SiflandOlly Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2010 Colorado

Last year's UJ was so good. Happened to be out of town on the release day this year so I hope my local store gets it. My feelings won't be hurt if they don't, though. They have a couple other beers on the shelf that I like.

5. southdenverhoo

southdenverhoo Disciple (334) Aug 13, 2004 Colorado

FWIW I bought one at Argonaut this afternoon at 5:04 per the receipt; $12.49. I believe the bottle limit was two and there were two on the shelf, but I left one so somebody else could get the same unexpected feeling of good fortune that I did. (Maybe the limit was actually 1 and I didn't do anything nice at all!). Argonaut doesn't put everything they have on the shelf so you might keep your eyes peeled the next day or so...

I am looking at it as I type (I am not a cellar-er, I pretty much drink what I buy) but I think I'll hold off awhile.

6. Kuester

Kuester Initiate (0) May 14, 2012 Colorado

Indeed Argo is 2 per customer. Other places, 1. Sure is different than last year, I found some a month after in some places then...

7. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,195) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Glad I made it over there this time. From now on I suppose that's going to be the rule for releases like this and for other places like CS and probably those DD sours and BA beers in the future. At least none of them are that far, even if it is a little bit of a hassle.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  8. arminjewell

arminjewell Initiate (156) Feb 12, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Any signs of it in South Denver?

9. Kuester

Heritage Liquors should have it, not on the shelves though :wink:

Also, Grapevine, tho not very far south

10. ablackshear

ablackshear Initiate (128) Sep 17, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I was out of town Fri-Mon and looks like I may have missed it at a lot of places, and work is limiting my ability to hunt all over town. If anyone has a few extra they are willing to part with I'll make it worth your while

11. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Aspirant (258) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

A lot of places haven't got it yet. Especially the smaller places. If you need some let me know.

12. ablackshear

ablackshear Initiate (128) Sep 17, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Cool, thanks. I'll be looking this week and if I strike out I'll be in touch

DenverBeerDrinker likes this.
  13. scray24

scray24 Aspirant (227) Mar 12, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Agreed. Damn work. :astonished:

14. rkarimi

rkarimi Devotee (430) Nov 6, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I know PJ's in Longmont said they were getting it in Thursday or Friday.

15. seanmonaghan13

seanmonaghan13 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Mile Hi Wine & Spirits, phone orders just happened.

16. seanmonaghan13

seanmonaghan13 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Cornerstar also just got it for Southern Living Folk. :wink:

arminjewell likes this.
  17. alexipa

alexipa Devotee (435) Oct 7, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Now that I got the amount I wanted... It's all over Boulder. :relaxed:

SFACRKnight likes this.
  18. ucsbmullet

ucsbmullet Crusader (741) Oct 5, 2011 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Got to try one tonight. It's pretty damn good. Rivals some of those popular Chicago and Michigan BA stouts.

19. saxlover

saxlover Initiate (0) May 20, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

better than bourbon county. try for yourself. do a blind side by side.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  20. myersk27

myersk27 Aspirant (284) Oct 21, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I picked one up in Denver Friday of last week, with just a few hours left to spare in my trip before we drove back to Indy. Had a 2012 while I was in Colorado and I would have a hard time disagreeing with you saying it's better than Bourbon County. It was fantastic.

21. myersk27

Beer Trader

no shit?!?! When I was there on Friday last week the limit was 1 per. Dammit!! I would have bought 2 if I could have....

22. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 Colorado

Interesting :wink:

myersk27 likes this.
  23. myersk27

Beer Trader

freaking Argonaut.....i did grab an XXV and a Supplication though too which was nice. almost bought more glassware too but I'm not ready for my wife to divorce me....lol

seanmonaghan13 likes this.
  24. Kuester

When I went, they only had 1 on the shelf, but the green sticker said limit 2. I still only grabbed one, too busy to find someone to go to the back.

25. myersk27

Beer Trader

yeah the green sticker when i was there said Limit 1, and I had to find someone to get one from the back for me because the shelf was empty. pretty happy i got one, though, at all.

hopfacebrew likes this.
  26. TheeBruery314

TheeBruery314 Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2010 Colorado

Colorado Liquor mart has it in. 1 bottle limit.

27. alexipa

alexipa Devotee (435) Oct 7, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

4 bottle limit at Whole Foods in Boulder.

28. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,446) May 19, 2005 Colorado

Mondo Vino has a bunch left. PtE is there, too...but probably not much longer. UJ seems to have stalled

29. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Devotee (406) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Should anyone still be in need, Grapevine still had some, 2 in the cooler, 2 out

30. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Poo-Bah (3,106) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Anyone else think this year's is better than last year's? I did.

31. joshclauss

joshclauss Aspirant (243) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Considering the way a 2007 Meph from my cellar drank last week, I think UJ is going to be something I hang onto....for a loooooooooooong time.

32. belgbeerdrinker

belgbeerdrinker Champion (834) Sep 24, 2005 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I was very surprised at how much more refined this year's UJ was vs last year right out the gate

JJWIGHT likes this.
  33. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,195) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I somehow missed UJ completely last year, but the ones from this year are stellar. Up there with the best BA stouts I've had. The extra fire is there, but it doesn't feel out of place at all.

34. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Devotee (406) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

definitely smoother this year right off. Not that it was hot last year, but this year tastes like it already had been cellared for a bit

35. saxlover

saxlover Initiate (0) May 20, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

bailey wine and spirits in boulder has a bunch.

joshclauss likes this.
  36. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aspirant (238) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Anyone have any extra bottles of 2013 available for trade? I realized I drank my last one and I need to keep my vertical alive. Let me know and I can hook it up with something cool.

37. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Aspirant (251) Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I can help you out. I still have 8.

38. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Aspirant (258) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Still see it in stores

coreymcafee likes this.
  39. guyforget

guyforget Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2009 Colorado

wanna tell me where? could use a couple more...

40. rkarimi

rkarimi Devotee (430) Nov 6, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I picked up a couple of bottles from the Whole Foods in Boulder a couple of weeks ago. Also, PJ's in Longmont had some a few weeks ago as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.