Where to buy Moinette Blond in NY?

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NYTrappistMonk, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYTrappistMonk

NYTrappistMonk Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2009 New York

I live in NY.

2. zid

zid Poo-Bah (1,757) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

A better question would be: "Where can I buy Moinette Blond that is in decent shape?" It's a really tough beer to come across, and unfortunately, when you do find some, it's rarely a recent bottling. Some time ago, I actually found some 4 packs... and they were fantastic. I bought another 4 pack from the same store later, and by that point the beers were no longer decent. I pointed it out to an employee and the store no longer has any. I bought a 750 of the Brune at Half Time in Mamaroneck not too long ago. I bet they still have bottles. It wasn't a new bottle, but it still was a fine drink. BTW, NY is a big state.

3. NYTrappistMonk

Just found your post, thanks. I live on Long Island, ran it by the owner of the biggest beer distributor out here in Syosset (for Belgian beers, at least) and she hadn't seen it in years. I'm going to go with trying to get it online from Belgium.

4. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,487) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

5. NYTrappistMonk

Thanks, but none within 100 miles of my zip code, guess it's buying from Belgium.

6. zid

zid Poo-Bah (1,757) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

I like Syosset but going there for Dupont is basically antique shopping. Let us know what you end up doing.

7. NYTrappistMonk

I'm going with Belgium in a Box. There's a new Achel Blond they've got and Westmalle blond both only available at the monastery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.