Where to Drink in Brisbane, Australia

Discussion in 'Article Comments' started by BeerAdvocate, Nov 20, 2018.

1. BeerAdvocate

BeerAdvocate Founders (17,668) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts

The sudden popularity of craft brewing in Brisbane reflects the national trend. In 2018, the Australian beer industry had 420 independent brewers, up from 30 in 2006.

Read the full article: Where to Drink in Brisbane, Australia

RichardLeahy likes this.
  2. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (10,339) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

Hehe, I'd drink anywhere in Brisbane if I could get there! It's a long trip for me, and therefore deserves a long stay. It's been my dream to visit AUS since I was about 6 years old. One day. Maybe 2021?

3. RichardLeahy

RichardLeahy Initiate (151) Sep 15, 2018 Australia

Hi Robert, enjoyed your article and have been to and enjoyed several of the venues you mention. But your article should have been more accurately titled "Where To Drink Craft Beer in Brisbane, Australia" because you make no mention of the many great places to drink big brand beers, which these days almost always have some representation of craft beers. I will mention a few of my favorites - XXXX Alehouse, Port Office Hotel, Hotel Orient and Kedron Park Hotel. I don't mention the XXXX Alehouse because I rate XXXX highly, but it is an iconic and historic part of Brisbane's beer culture. Hope you enjoy one of these places soon!

Jaycase likes this.
  4. Keene

Keene Editorial Director (845) Sep 11, 2009 Washington
    Staff

Thanks for reading and chiming in with a few suggestions of your own. Our Destination articles tend to focus on smaller breweries as well as highly regarded beer bars and restaurants with noteworthy beer selections. But every city guide—ours or another publication's—is bound to leave out somebody's favorite watering hole. Cheers!

RichardLeahy likes this.