Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

where to find Baxter hayride, Ten Fidy

Discussion in 'New England' started by brureview, Sep 29, 2012.

1. brureview

In the Boston area, where can I find Baxter Brewing Hayride, and Oskar Blues Ten Fidy? Martys doesn't have either beer.

2. jbertsch

Craft Beer Cellar's (in belmont) online inventory shows that they have both.

3. brureview

4. fubar71478

Vinnin in Swampscott has both as well

5. tehzachatak

Redstone Liquors in Stoneham has Hayride, just picked some up. not digging it so much right now.

6. BiffMcgriff

agreed. after reading their own description i got pretty excited.. but like the celsius i feel like its just another let down.

7. tehzachatak

was a lot better after i let it get somewhat unpleasantly warm. the spices really don't come out until it is almost room temp. they need to work on that.. Celsius had the same problem.

8. mrmattosgood

Beer Trader

Do you think any of this had to do with expectations? I thought their first two offerings (Pamola & Stowaway) were both great. Then I had the Celsius and Hayride and was underwhelmed. Not bad beers, but not my favorite from them. I tried the stout (their next seasonal) on tap when I visited the brewery and thought it had potential.

9. tehzachatak

maybe. i'm not sure. FWIW, i have liked Hayride more the couple times i've had it since my post. i think i was just expecting more spice and oak.

i went to college about 5 blocks away from the brewery, so i've been there more than 10 times, and i've had all of their beers multiple times. i think Pamola's pretty weak, tbh- i'd drink it if it came in 30s, but that's about it. Stowaway's great, Amber Road is solid... i do really think Celsius sucks though. they had a DIPA on for tasting at the brewery briefly that was killer....

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe