where to find Baxter hayride, Ten Fidy

Discussion in 'New England' started by brureview, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brureview

brureview Meyvn (1,167) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

In the Boston area, where can I find Baxter Brewing Hayride, and Oskar Blues Ten Fidy? Martys doesn't have either beer.

2. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,051) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Craft Beer Cellar's (in belmont) online inventory shows that they have both.

3. brureview

brureview Meyvn (1,167) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

4. fubar71478

fubar71478 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2005 Massachusetts

Vinnin in Swampscott has both as well

5. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Redstone Liquors in Stoneham has Hayride, just picked some up. not digging it so much right now.

6. BiffMcgriff

BiffMcgriff Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2012 Maine

agreed. after reading their own description i got pretty excited.. but like the celsius i feel like its just another let down.

7. tehzachatak

was a lot better after i let it get somewhat unpleasantly warm. the spices really don't come out until it is almost room temp. they need to work on that.. Celsius had the same problem.

8. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Initiate (54) Nov 6, 2010 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Do you think any of this had to do with expectations? I thought their first two offerings (Pamola & Stowaway) were both great. Then I had the Celsius and Hayride and was underwhelmed. Not bad beers, but not my favorite from them. I tried the stout (their next seasonal) on tap when I visited the brewery and thought it had potential.

9. tehzachatak

maybe. i'm not sure. FWIW, i have liked Hayride more the couple times i've had it since my post. i think i was just expecting more spice and oak.

i went to college about 5 blocks away from the brewery, so i've been there more than 10 times, and i've had all of their beers multiple times. i think Pamola's pretty weak, tbh- i'd drink it if it came in 30s, but that's about it. Stowaway's great, Amber Road is solid... i do really think Celsius sucks though. they had a DIPA on for tasting at the brewery briefly that was killer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe