Where's the Sierra Nevada Okto and Fall Pack in Suffolk County (NY)?

Discussion in 'New England' started by SudsDoctor, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SudsDoctor

SudsDoctor Maven (1,475) Nov 23, 2008 New York
    Society

A search of my ZIP code on Beer Menus for 'Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest' produced 4 results with slightly different names (2 mentioning SN/Weihenstephaner). Under those names there was only one place on all of Long Island, and that was in Nassau County (and probably leftover stock from 2017 :rolling_eyes:). A search for ''Sierra Nevada Fall Pack' turned up nothing at all on LI, the closest location being 63 miles away in NJ. How is this possible? I'm not in a rush to pick up either, I can wait another 2-3 weeks, but have any Suffolk County BAs seen either one of these 12 packs around yet? Seems like seasonal creep is not a thing on Long Island.

Daveshek28 likes this.
  2. ecpho

ecpho Savant (1,159) Mar 28, 2011 New York

I would just call your local beverage barns/beer distributers and ask. SN has a beer finder on their website too.

jesskidden and SudsDoctor like this.
  3. guinness77

guinness77 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,480) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Babylon Beverage on 109 has both. That I know with certainty. Bellport has 12s of the Oktoberfest but I can’t speak for the Fall pack.

4. SudsDoctor

Society

Thanks. According to the SN Beer Finder the Okto is supposedly available at my two closest bottle shops, both of which participate on Beer Menus. They've both updated on BM within the last 3 & 10 days respectively, so it's surprising my earlier search didn't turn produce a positive result at at least one of them. The Fall Pack is not available at either place, but is at least at another nearby shop. Interestingly, the Okto is available at as many if not more area gas stations and supermarkets than bottle shops. Maybe I'll have to start making beer purchases when I stop to fill my car's tank or when I do my weekly food shopping. :rolling_eyes:

5. ecpho

I don't go to small bottle shops - as they have a more pretentious selection than I'm interested in. I like to buy in bulk whenever possible or from a brewery directly.

6. SudsDoctor

Society

Really? Bellport just updated on Beer Menus yesterday, but the Okto is not listed under the 'Bottles' section of their page. Babylon Bev hasn't updated since December 2011 - :astonished: - so no surprise they didn't come up as an option. I'm losing faith in BM as a useful tool.

Daveshek28 likes this.
  7. SudsDoctor

Society

I like variety and don't drink that much, so bulk buying is not my thing. And there are no breweries that are both close to me and consistently producing beers that I'm interested in, so bottles shops are my main option.

8. guinness77

guinness77 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,480) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

I was in Babylon Bev Sunday and they had both there. BB is not on social media or BM at all, sometimes can make shopping there a crapshoot, but their beer buyer is usually on top of shit. I got my SN Oktoberfest at a Best Market believe it or not. Bottled 7/31.

SudsDoctor and Daveshek28 like this.
  9. HansCastorp

HansCastorp Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2007 Ohio

I've figured out recently that crappy Target stores, believe it or not, can be good for SN products. Bought a 12 of the Oktoberfest in Suffolk Co yesterday for 16.99.

cheers

2Xmd and SudsDoctor like this.
  10. SudsDoctor

Society

Yeah, some Targets came up in my SN Beer Finder searches. Good to know.

11. pinyin

pinyin Savant (1,065) Sep 19, 2013 New York

I found the Oktoberfest 2018 at Trader Joe's in Forest Hills. I would also try Fairway in Westbury.

12. SudsDoctor

Society

Thanks, but was looking for Suffolk locations. There is a Trader Joe's in Commack though so I could check there if I'm in that area.

13. ecpho

I meant that bottle shops are not the first place I would expect to find 12 packs of Sierra Nevada. $8 cans of Grimm and Singlecut sure but not good beer like Sierra Nevada. :wink:

SudsDoctor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.