Whistler Village - British Columbia

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by mrunseen, Mar 1, 2012.

1. mrunseen

mrunseen Mar 4, 2006 Washington

Hey Guys,

I'll be heading up to Whistler BC over the weekend, and was wondering if anyone had any advice with regards to beer bars / bottle shops? I'll be staying near Whistler Village and will not have a vehicle. My tastes in beers these days tends to fall to Belgian ales.

Thanks Everyone!

-Mike

2. youradhere

youradhere Feb 29, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

There is a mountain owned brewpub with decent beer and great food. Aside from that you are looking at BMC. For the money there it is surprisingly lacking in the frivolous beer department.

3. ccrida

ccrida May 26, 2006 Oregon

There was a grocery store (some type of sundry, I don't recall if it was just liquor, or food, or more like a convenience store) right in the heart of the village where I was able to get bombers of a bunch of different Canadian micros, several Belgian styles. Prices were reasonable enough, considering. Kept me happy soaking in the hotel without having to leave the village. This was 2-3 years ago...

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!