Who is brewing this last full weekend of January?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by ventura78, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ventura78

ventura78 Aspirant (276) Nov 22, 2003 Massachusetts

I'm making the first stage of a starter right now for a big batch of La Chouffe IPA clone , to be brewed on Sunday. I'm lucky that this batch will be brewed indoors. Any one else brewing?

2. OddNotion

OddNotion Defender (611) Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey

Monitoring the two beers I brewed last weekend, trying to work my way through some of my kegs currently on tap to try to make some space.

One of the beers is serving as a starter for next weekend's brew day.

3. Marshall_ofmcap

Marshall_ofmcap Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2013 Colorado

something flanders. oud brun, red...

no set bill yet just know i'm pitching ECY 20

4. jae

jae Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2010 Washington

Not it.

5. VikeMan

VikeMan Poo-Bah (2,036) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Probably not until the weekend after. Planning an Ordinary Bitter. But I keep wondering what it would taste like with a little bit of cocoa. I once had a Lager with cocoa at Victory Brewing, and I was surprised how good it was in a non roasty beer.

FeDUBBELFIST likes this.
  6. firstthenlast

firstthenlast Initiate (85) Nov 25, 2013 Massachusetts

i am. I need help deciding what to make. its going to be something belgian. i am thinking about either a saison or a big trappist ale. if i do a saison i will make a little extra wort and try making my first test batch lager.

7. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,103) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

No brewing. The american pale I tried brewing two weeks ago hit ipa og, so I'll be dryhopping with an oz of amarillo and cascade this weekend.

8. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,103) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

No brewing. The american pale I tried brewing two weeks ago hit ipa og, so I'll be dryhopping with an oz of amarillo and cascade this weekend.

9. MrOH

MrOH Poo-Bah (2,083) Jul 5, 2010 Malta
    Society

Brewing a Strong Scotch Ale. Bottling an Export India Porter.

10. jbakajust1

jbakajust1 Crusader (777) Aug 25, 2009 Oregon

Brewing up a single mash, single boil, split ferment IPA and BlackIPA, both on Conan. I have the Midnight Wheat syrup cooling now, and the second step of starter is on the stirplate, 24 hours in. Staying home with a sick son tomorrow so I will keg my 3 week old Wee Heavy for bulk aging. Also need to bottle off 3 comp entries to get in for next weekends comp. Need to clean a couple kegs and carboys. I did a partigyle with the Wee Heavy, SMaSH APA with GP & NZ Rakau, turned out like a Munich Helles. I don't want a Helles. I am taking it out of the fridge, pitching a few Bretts, and keeping it for a few weeks. I'll dry hop with tons of Cascade too and then stick it back in the fridge.

11. drewbeerme

drewbeerme Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2007 Illinois

Galaxy IPA and Gratzer

12. epic1856

epic1856 Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2006 California

No brewing. Judging a competition on Saturday and if time permits some kegging and bottling.

13. slushthelush

slushthelush Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2002 Wisconsin

I know I am going to brew, but I am not sure what. I checked the ingredients and I have 1 lb. of roasted and 1 lb. of black malt. some pilsner malt and a lot of 2 row. Some crystal malt 60L 90L and some munich. Yeast I have Safe ale 40.
    So I'm thinking a stout. (I don't have a great selection of hops) mostly low alpha. Let me know what you think?

14. premierpro

premierpro Aspirant (266) Mar 21, 2009 Michigan

I have to keg 10 gallons of Munich Dunkel then I am brewing a Rauchbier to dump on the yeast cakes.

15. kristougher

kristougher Initiate (0) Jun 27, 2013 North Carolina

Doing a zombie dust clone with some friends, should be good times.

16. BumpkinBrewer

BumpkinBrewer Disciple (329) Jan 6, 2010 Massachusetts

No brewing, just racking an Impy Stout onto some bourbon soaked oak cubes.

17. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 California
    Deactivated

Doug King Memorial Comp?

18. sjverla

sjverla Disciple (397) Dec 1, 2008 Massachusetts

Dry hopping an IPA and making a mild to serve as a starter for a barleywine. I love having a full pipeline.

OddNotion likes this.
  19. utahbeerdude

utahbeerdude Devotee (419) May 2, 2006 Utah

Cleaning a keg and fining a kegged pilsner. And thinking about the next brew...

20. cfrobrew

cfrobrew Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2012 Texas

Im bottling a dank/fruity beer with conan, some pulled off for an adjunct experiment for a contest. Then Im brewing a rye IPA for the same contest. Its a indigenous contest where you add something grown in Texas... Should be fun, the beer Im bottling tasted pretty great before dry hopping...

21. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

racking a saison brett clone to the secondary and pitching the brett. probably clean up my brew closet a bit too if time permits

22. NiceFly

NiceFly Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2011 Tajikistan

Kegging an Centennial IPA and an Amarillo IIPA.
    Good luck all!

23. od_sf

od_sf Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2010 California

Doing a 100% brettanomyces, 100% Nelson Sauvin Belgian IPA this weekend, and a Dubbel next week.

24. dblab33

dblab33 Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Michigan

All my kegs are full and I've got quite a bit fermenting away right now.

Still brewing this weekend anyway! Have not decided what to brew yet though. Likely something that will incorporate the ECY Bug County I have been dying to use.

25. jdauria

jdauria Initiate (134) Sep 15, 2010 Massachusetts

Brewing BYO's recent Heady Topper clone this Sunday. As opposed to my profile pic, the mash and sparge will be inside since it's so freaking cold here in MA and everywhere else in the country! Will still do boil outside because my stove will not produce a rolling boil for 7.5 gallons! Now I just have to figure out how much extra I will lose in the boil off due to the cold temps!

26. pmoney

pmoney Crusader (778) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

Tomorrow I'll be brewing a 25-gallon batch of witbier, which will have various fruits added to secondary.

Also brewing a 15-gallon batch of a Gumball Head clone. We got a LOT of Amarillo hops for this batch.

27. 33nickadams

33nickadams Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2010 Michigan

Brewing a double IPA with Maris Otter and tons of Citra on Saturday.

28. marc77

marc77 Poo-Bah (2,044) May 25, 2001 California
    Society

Brewing a Belgian Golden Strong tomorrow with Wyeast Flanders Golden Ale (love this strain), gonna keg an ESB and pale as well.

29. epic1856

epic1856 Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2006 California

yup. I'm just glad It's at Eagle Rock Brewery and not Woodland Hills.

barfdiggs likes this.
  30. Hanglow

Hanglow Champion (839) Feb 18, 2012 Scotland

Bottling an 80 bob. hopefully brewing something...not sure what though

31. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 California
    Deactivated

Nice. Its quite a fun competition; hope you enjoy judging all the weird ass stuff people will enter! (More specifically I hope you enjoy the weird shit I enter :wink: )

32. MarriedAtGI

MarriedAtGI Initiate (119) Feb 26, 2013 Illinois

Going to a colleague's house tomorrow to help him brew a Heady Topper clone. We've been exchanging our homebrews, but it's our first time brewing together.

33. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Poo-Bah (2,671) May 21, 2010 Texas
    Society

No brewing this weekend. I need to brew, but I've been very busy with school and band related activities.

In fact, I have no buckets even fermenting right now. Anybody got the number for the waaaambulance? :rolling_eyes:

Luckily, I have two batches bottled nearing the ready point. I think another big double brew day may be in order this weekend, but then we might be continuing construction on the final aspects of the man-cave too. I will find a way to get in at least one batch tho by next weekend, because it just KILLS me to not have anything fermenting. I've got grain for a rye beer* ready to go, just need to pick out the hops for it. Might just see what's open and use them, whatever they are. I know I have bravo and willamette already open, and pretty sure something(?) else.

*with rice hulls! :stuck_out_tongue:

34. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

I planned to brew and yet again a set back. Twins are teething and not sleeping worth a damn and I'm on daddy duty for the weekend while wife works.

Plus I'm down for the count with something. Maybe I'll make a starter with my 1217 and force myself next week to do a double brew day. I so wanted to brew my English brown and a blonde today.

Nothing fermenting and just one beer aging on oak currently.

35. drye_hopped

drye_hopped Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2014 Canada (BC)

Brewing my very first all-grain batch tomorrow. Going with an ESB, single hop recipe to keep things simple. Wish me luck!

ChrisMyhre likes this.
  36. zac16125

zac16125 Poo-Bah (2,402) Jan 26, 2010 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Dry hopping my first ever batch which came from a recipe kit (so no creativity). Then brewing my first batch in which I came up with the recipe- an American Amber/red ale based loosely off of malt extract clone recipes I have seen of a couple of my favorite red ales including Tocobaga. Should be fun.

37. ChrisMyhre

ChrisMyhre Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2013 Massachusetts

Bottling the enjoy by clone tomorrow, planning recipe and yeast starter for an RIS next weekend.

38. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Minnesota

I just kegged my Oatmeal Stout. I am quite irritated that my racking adapter siphon was in the upright position on my better-bottle, and because I can't see it inside the fermenter (black isn't very transparent) it allowed air to enter my line. I was right there, and was able to turn it downward facing to continue racking, but have no idea how much O2 I just exposed the beer to. Hopefully a negligible amount, but stouts are pretty resistant to oxidation anyway.

Either way...it's annoying.

ChrisMyhre likes this.
  39. jbakajust1

jbakajust1 Crusader (777) Aug 25, 2009 Oregon

The Conan smelled off when I got it from a buddy, smelled really off today so I had to scramble for yeast. Got a pitch of 1968 from Ninkasi and a buddy from church gave me his pitch of 1469 from his 15 gallon IPA. Just hanging out on the couch now waiting for this stomach flu to reach its peek.

40. Naugled

Naugled Savant (953) Sep 25, 2007 New York
    Society

Just banged out a dry stout and a vienna lager. Smooth brew day.

ChrisMyhre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.