Who's brewing the weekend of 8/8/14?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by ipas-for-life, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

No brewing for me. But I will be bottling an ipa with motueka/zythos/galaxy and an imperial stout.

inchrisin likes this.
  2. OddNotion

OddNotion Defender (611) Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey

I really should get to kegging my saison, I want to naturally carbonate it and that will take a couple of weeks to hit its stride so I need to plan my kegerator space accordingly.
    Possibly dealing with some wine I have fermenting as well. No actual brewing though. I want to make a couple of beers in the coming weeks if I get a chance, looking at a few different session strength beers.

3. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

Going to do my first porter (AG) and an IPA (extract) hopped with Citra, Galaxy & Simcoe

ipas-for-life likes this.
  4. udubdawg

udubdawg Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2006 Kansas

WLP 585 seems to have been delayed until recently; finally getting late start on my yearly bunch of saisons.

JohnSnowNW likes this.
  5. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Minnesota

Brewing a Tripel, with rose hips from our garden.

jbakajust1 and bgjohnston like this.
  6. MikeDAdams

MikeDAdams Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2014 Idaho

10 gallons black ipa.
    Racking a Capsicumel, also racking a fireball mead

7. PINOT8

PINOT8 Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2013 Canada (ON)

Farmhouse ale!
    Going to be fermenting and then re-fermenting in secondary on fresh local peaches and brett brux trois.

BILF likes this.
  8. slusk

slusk Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2009 Virginia

Brewing my second try at a two hearted ale. Working at my mad science lab... :slight_smile:
    [​IMG]

9. ventura78

ventura78 Aspirant (276) Nov 22, 2003 Massachusetts

Finally bottled our tank 7 clone today, a week late. Looking forward to the first one!

BILF and jbakajust1 like this.
  10. DPA-35

DPA-35 Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2014

I'm brewing an IPA for the first brew in my new house. The water has me a bit worried.

11. bgjohnston

bgjohnston Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2009 Connecticut

I believe I am going to try to make a raisin beer. Something like Raison D'Extra, if all goes well.

12. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Poo-Bah (2,671) May 21, 2010 Texas
    Society

Not me. All brewing activities on hold while I'm in Colorado. The brews I have going will be just fine till I get back. In the interim, I've hit Trinity, Bierwerks, and Royal gorge, with Ute, Colorado Mountain brewery, and Tommyknockers coming up! We'll see what else I can manage to squeeze in!

BILF likes this.
  13. IPeteA91

IPeteA91 Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2012 Texas

We'll take another whack at making an interesting Brown Ale this weekend with Vienna, Victory, C60 and a little chocolate malt.

14. pweis909

pweis909 Poo-Bah (1,965) Aug 13, 2005 Wisconsin
    Society

It's Saison Sunday for me. 100% Belgian pils, about 35 ibus from Hallertau hops, and WY 3724

MrOH, wspscott and BILF like this.
  15. ThomP

ThomP Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2007 Texas

was going to make a Lager but didn't ever get around to making a starter, so I'll do a Belgian-esq Brew with the T-58 pkg I have in there. or maybe I'll make that starter tonight and brew Monday or Tuesday? Or Maybe I'll brew both...hmmm

16. Bowdoinbeerboy

Bowdoinbeerboy Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2006 Maine

Brewing right now actually. I am making a lambic. Currently I am making one of these bad boys every 6 months (this is the 3rd in the series), I hope to get a nice line of carboys that are constantly hitting the right age for blending and bottling.

17. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Minnesota

Yeah, brewed a Saison 3 weeks ago that was supposed to use 585...too late.

Enjoy it!

18. marc77

marc77 Poo-Bah (2,044) May 25, 2001 California
    Society

I need to brew for NCHF in Sept. Playing it by ear. Have a bag of Vienna malt to finish up, some miscellaneous crystal malts, a boat load of C and related hops, and Wyeast West Coast IPA growing. Signs point to some IPA.

19. inchrisin

inchrisin Zealot (571) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

I just brewed 5 gallons of the style I swore I never wanted 5 gallons of--Nut Brown. It smells amazing and it was a smooth brewday overall. I'm going to brew again on Monday, hopefully.

20. wspscott

wspscott Savant (911) May 25, 2006 Kentucky

Depending on wife and kids either tomorrow or next weekend, I want to do a partigyle Old Ale and Pale Ale, planning on some brett for the Old Ale. Any suggestions for a recipe? I did HB42's Old Ale 3 or 4 years ago and really liked it (Marris Otter and a little bit of C60 and Chocolate malt).

21. ipas-for-life

Interested in hearing how your brown turns out. I have only brewed 3 browns and they have probably been my least favorite batches. I really like the nutty quality of some browns and none of mine had it. I was actually looking up clones for Bells best brown this morning because that is one that I like. I am planning to add some victory malt next time, cut back on C hops and brew another this fall.

inchrisin likes this.
  22. prevatt28

prevatt28 Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2013 North Carolina

Brewing my first saison. I will be using wyeast 3711 French saison. The rest of the recipe came from Brewing Classic Styles. Can't wait to see how this turns out. The weather still isn't cooperating here in NC but I have some make shift accommodations.

Cheers!

23. VikeMan

VikeMan Poo-Bah (2,036) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Not brewing really. But dry-hopping a Pale Ale.

24. spartan1979

spartan1979 Disciple (302) Dec 29, 2005 Missouri

I'm brewing a clone of Midnight Sun's Cohoho. I brewed this earlier this year and I am making a couple of adjustments. This beer (as did the last one) is going to a festival. I'll brew up a batch for me later this year.

25. fvernon

fvernon Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2010 Wisconsin

like a lot of other folks here, i'm getting a late start (for the season) on a saison today. cheers!

26. redmaw

redmaw Initiate (180) Jun 30, 2013 Pennsylvania

Not brewing, but I just finished bottling a weizenbock. Based on a small sample I think it turned out pretty well, but may be a bit hoppier than intended.

27. pweis909

pweis909 Poo-Bah (1,965) Aug 13, 2005 Wisconsin
    Society

Time for a homebrew. Yeast has been pitched, Still have some clean up to do.

Minor recipe changes -- Weyermanm pils, and 20% of the hops were Hersbrucker; the rest were supposedly Hallertauer Mittelfruh. They were supposed to be Mittelfruh but were just labeled Hallertauer.

28. Banger530

Banger530 Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2010 Arizona

I brewed a robust porter, with lots of roasted flavor, today and I am going to throw in some cocoa nibs later.

29. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Poo-Bah (2,671) May 21, 2010 Texas
    Society

Just bought another three days of fucking off in colorado. My brews will maintain just fine while I'm busy with important business. :grinning:

30. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,103) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

Al, glad to hear things are going well! Sorry we couldnt get things together this weekend though.
    as for me, brewed my first monster today. Imperial stout, og 1.113. Hit it with oxygen, and had 2 starters, one of wlp004 and one of wlp001. Its currently blowing off fucking hard. I put 5 gallons in a 8.5 vitners harvest bucket. I thought the headspace w poo uld be adequate. Wrong.lol.

31. DrMindbender

DrMindbender Savant (926) Jul 13, 2014 South Carolina

Brewed an all Centennial IPA yesterday and dry hopped my Fresh Squeezed clone.

32. OddNotion

OddNotion Defender (611) Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey

Kegged up my saison and am carbonating with priming sugar in the keg, hopefully this comes out nicely, sample was tasting nice yesterday. FG was 1.005 so it should nice and dry.

33. carteravebrew

carteravebrew Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2010 Colorado

Brewed up 10.2 gallons of koelsch (normally do 11 gallon batches, but a bad crush led to a low pre-boil gravity reading, dictating a smaller batch to hit intended O.G.).

Also kegged up a sour that's been aging for right about a year with a vial of White Labs Sour Mix and dregs from a 2012 Avery sour (can't remember which off the top of my head) and a 2012 Cantillon (also can't remember which right now...it's written down, but I'm at work). We call this beer Dr. Dregs, and it's a sour mammajamma.

I have a (co-ed) baby shower this weekend for my first baby due in September. My wife insisted that we have a keg of our jasmine ale on tap, and it's ready to go. I hit it with some gelatin Saturday, as it's normally a little cloudy. Trying to make it pretty.

34. pointyskull

pointyskull Initiate (165) Mar 17, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

On Saturday I bottled/labeled my 8% Hellboy Imperial Red....

35. ipas-for-life

Sounds cool. Pics of the label?

36. pointyskull

pointyskull Initiate (165) Mar 17, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Not the best shot of the label - but you can click on the image to see a slightly larger version....
    [​IMG]

ipas-for-life likes this.
  37. VikeMan

VikeMan Poo-Bah (2,036) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Nice labels. Now fill those bottle higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.