Who's brewing this weekend? 11/16 - 11/17

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by inchrisin, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inchrisin

inchrisin Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'll huddle up next to the turkey fryer with my Berliner that I meant to brew a month ago. I soo don't want to do a decoction to keep the mash warm for 3 days. I'm also going to try out my a maze n pellet smoker on some salmon and possibly a few pounds of Munich malt. My roommates are making fun of me because they think I'm addicted to gerbil pellets. It's time to cut them off the beer supply until they learn their lesson.

2. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Oct 21, 2009 Connecticut

Brewing my first all grain brew with a friend. Its a Zoe clone. Got some Weez, Red Wheelbarrow and of course Zoe to drink as we brew. Should be a solid Sat night!

skivtjerry likes this.
  3. messyhair42

messyhair42 Dec 30, 2010 Colorado

I got ingredients for a pale ale, don't have the day scheduled yet. I was able to get all my brewing equipment moved a couple hundred miles from my hometown to my new place. turns out I can boil the full volume on an electric so I'm keeping with AG brewing. the new HB supply is great. I've just got to make a starter 2 days in advance.

inchrisin likes this.
  4. kif

kif Jan 4, 2012 Illinois

Bottling my Zombie Dust clone. Have 9 gallons to get through. Currently have it cold crashing to try to get the hops to sink from the dry hopping.

5. jae

jae Feb 21, 2010 Washington

I'm doing the first in a series of three batches to sour (I need to meet someone with a bigger system), the goal of which will be to fill my 15 gallon barrel for a solera project.

80% 2-row
    10% Vienna
    5% Flaked wheat
    5% Oats
    Mashed hot (159-ish)
    OG 1.056

Fuggles (FWH) to ~ 10 IBUs

Mixed ferment with WL530, bottle dregs

6. jbakajust1

jbakajust1 Aug 25, 2009 Oregon

No brewing, bottling off the last if 2 kegs, then pegging my Winter Warmer and Imperial Stout from Teach-A-Friend day. Imperial Stout is getting Elijah Craig and Oak.

inchrisin likes this.
  7. MrOH

MrOH Jul 5, 2010 Malta
    Society

Went with the Mexican Chocolate Imperial Porter last weekend, so it's the Mangrove Jack's Belgian Ale yeast saison this week. But then again, all my hops arrived the other day, so maybe an IPA is in order... I'll decide closer to brewday.

Also bottling a brown rye saison.

8. inchrisin

I've never actually had the stuff. I made a clone a few weeks back anyway. If Citra doesn't taste like onion or BO to you, then it's an amazing beer. I hear a lot of bitching, but I'm just racing to the bottom of my keg. Soo Good.

Some of the first brews I made were heavy-handed porters. I just called them baltic, but I think I like your term better.

9. kif

kif Jan 4, 2012 Illinois

Absolutely love the beer. Its gotten relatively easy to get in the Chicago area, so I would try to find a trade if you havent tried it before.

This batch is for my wedding in a month. Giving everyone a homebrew for the wedding favors. Half the bottle are ZD clone, half a coffee stout.

inchrisin likes this.
  10. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

Bottling two ipas. Brewing a winter warmer and the APA IPA.

11. inchrisin

That's a pretty bold move for a wedding crowd.

12. MrOH

MrOH Jul 5, 2010 Malta
    Society

I like the term Imperial Porter over Baltic because its completely open ended. To me, a Baltic Porter is a specific thing, and this beer isn't that. More of a not so roasty imperial stout.

13. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

No brewing, I will probably be tending to the Chocolate Stout I made and maybe racking it onto the once used pappy oak from the RIS I did back.. Had the secondary in the fermentation freezer still with a little beer covering them.. Might be tempted to dump the stout on top of it and add some vanilla beans... I'm hesitant though for whatever reason.

Need to bottle my RIS off the keg, but I'm again, too lazy. Maybe a weekend when my wife is working again and I'm stuck at home with the kids and unable to go anywhere.

14. telejunkie

telejunkie Sep 14, 2007 Vermont

looking at long range weather, this maybe final brew session until spring...so probably my kitchen sink beer. Taking a look at my stock it looks to be something in the pale ale/ipa category since I don't have any dark grains in the mix, just honey, aromatic, carastan & flaked barley left in the specialty grain bin...have a packet of 1028 left as well, so pieces are coming together nicely.

15. Naugled

Naugled Sep 25, 2007 New York
    Society

I have a Tripel on the docket for this weekend. Probably my last brew for the year :slight_frown:

16. Bjohnston

Bjohnston Dec 24, 2011 Kentucky

No brewing for me this weekend. I will be racking a chocolate peanut butter Baltic Porter to a keg with cacao nibs, racking a chocolate Baltic Porter onto cacao nibs and espresso beans (plan to bottle half and then bourbon soaked oak to the last half), adding oak to a 100% brettanomyces fermented golden ale with 8 IBU's and 100+ ICU's (at least how I interpret ICU's),

17. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 May 11, 2007 Minnesota

Mid-mash on an American Rye Bitter. And enjoying a homebrewed IPA while the little one naps.

18. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Jan 13, 2006 New Mexico

I'll rack my porter to kegs today so I need to brew something I can pitch on that yeast cake. It's an oatmeal stout-OG 1.066 with Goldings at 60, 20 and flameout. Tomorrow I'll do a barley wine to pitch on a S-04 yeast cake.

19. HopRoz

HopRoz Apr 11, 2013 New York

Testing carbonation/flavors on a batch of dark IPA that's been tempting me sorely the past couple weeks it's been in bottles. Sunday I'm aiming to brew something that will be a good Christmas season beer-heading to my local shop Saturday to see what I can find. Hoping to pick up either a warmly malty pale or red (as I'm a complete sucker for Sierra Nevada Celebration) or something on the stouter end to stick to my bones against the cold.

20. marc77

marc77 May 25, 2001 California
    Society

I'll be brewing a maibock - esque lager, with sterling and crystal hops. Yeast strain is Wyeast 2007 (Budweiser?)

21. OddNotion

OddNotion Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey

Finally kicked my sour I had on tap, both excited and sad. Sad in that it was possibly one of the best beers I have brewed, excited in that it is going to be replaced with a 100% Brett IPA, time to keg that up and dry hop it.

22. geneseohawk

geneseohawk Nov 4, 2008 Illinois

Added Gelatin to my pumpkin ale that's been in the primary for 3 weeks and plan to brew a black IPA tomorrow with my new 10 gallon tall boy kettle!

23. SABERG

SABERG Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Will be revisiting a robust porter recipe.
    Last version really carbonated, want to fix it.

Cheers

24. otto251068

otto251068 Apr 4, 2010 Michigan

Man, you guys all sound like pros

Just got done with my very FIRST batch. I'm counting down the days...till it explodes

25. Rayek

Rayek Jan 17, 2008 Colorado
    Society

Tomorrow, I'm going to watch football and attempt to emulate Deschutes Red Chair while drinking my Wheatwine.

26. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Care to share that wheat wine recipe? Been tossin that around lately.

27. sjverla

sjverla Dec 1, 2008 Massachusetts

I'll second @FATC1TY's request. Would love to do a wheatwine.

28. Rayek

Rayek Jan 17, 2008 Colorado
    Society

29. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

Brewed my fbs clone yesterday. Finally. And I hit my gravity exactly. So stoked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.