Whos going to Bacon and Beer?

Discussion in 'New England' started by radiantdesigner, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radiantdesigner

radiantdesigner Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 New Hampshire

Just wondering who may be going to Bacon and Beer in Boston? Im planning on buying my tix tomorrow, it usually sells out super fast!

2. skullsplitter

skullsplitter Aspirant (260) Jun 11, 2005 Massachusetts

I went the first year and was rather unimpressed. Didn't hear much about last years. How was it?

3. MGambleWWS

MGambleWWS Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2007 Massachusetts

Last years was pretty insane, I felt like my lungs had a sheen of bacon grease covering them after the festival. It was in a nightclub that wasn't built with cooking bacon in mind, so it got a little stuffy and greasy. Other than that the restaurants that attended brought some really amazing bacon concoctions, the beer was great and the pairing of tasty bacon treats and local beer can't be beat! We're definitely going back this year and I'd recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in either bacon or beer. Just don't plan any strenuous activity for the rest of the day; you will be in a bacon coma.

4. skullsplitter

skullsplitter Aspirant (260) Jun 11, 2005 Massachusetts

That's good to hear. I'm sure a lot of the annoyances I experienced the first year was because it was the first year. A lot of the Bacon dishes sold out quickly and the beer selection at the time was good but not great. Great news on the improvement.

5. Sirencio

Sirencio Initiate (0) May 25, 2005 Massachusetts

I'm busy the night of the big event, but I guess there's a bacon/beer cruise the next day, and an art show a few days later? Have they ever done it that way before?

6. MGambleWWS

MGambleWWS Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2007 Massachusetts

The guys who run the event are expanding it this year to include multiple events to get more people into the "Bacon and Beer" experience. I'm gonna go to the art show, nothing like beer, bacon and art all in the same space!

7. JeffT

JeffT Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2011 Massachusetts

Anyone have the presale password? I'm sure this will sell out quick as it has in the past.

8. mmcgrath

mmcgrath Aspirant (272) Mar 3, 2003 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

well, that was a frustratingly fruitless experience.

9. radiantdesigner

radiantdesigner Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 New Hampshire

baconweek is the password, but wont do you any good. I tried buying them RIGHT at 1... and the website was down...

Then a friend called and said you could get them on Livenation, i tried kept saying now,. then less than 20 mins into the sale they were all sold out!

10. ZappaCat

ZappaCat Aspirant (219) Jun 23, 2004 Louisiana

i have been unsuccessful in my attempts to buy tickets for this (regular, not pre-sale). ugh.

was curious about the format of this event. is everything is covered once you are in the fest or does bacon/beer cost money on top of the admission ticket? sort of moot seeing as i can't get tickets, but was still wondering...

worth noting. i attempted to buy tickets AT 1:00. i don't think it could have sold out in seconds, but maybe...

11. mmcgrath

mmcgrath Aspirant (272) Mar 3, 2003 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

again, sold out instantly. *almost* seems fishy, but it sounded like they also mis-set the ticket limits yesterday, allowing people to buy double (8) the allotment. fairly frustrating, and i'm pretty damn good at TM/LN onsales.

12. krisleonard

krisleonard Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 Massachusetts

I'm doing the cruise on Sunday. I've never been to any of the events before. I can't believe how fast the tickets sell out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.