Wicked Weed Brewing

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by brother_kenneth, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Zealot (559) Oct 22, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

So I am going down to Asheville next weekend, and I think I am most excited about checking out Wicked Weed. Apparently they just opened and have a couple sours, along with some other barrel-aged offerings. Sounds very promising. I am just hoping I can get a growler!

Has anyone checked this place out yet?

2. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Zealot (559) Oct 22, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Oh hell yeah. I am definitely hitting up Oskar Blues as well!

3. blackie

blackie Poo-Bah (2,828) Mar 6, 2005 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Went to Wicked Weed on opening night and had 8 different drafts of the 16 or so they had on. The Golden Sour was my favorite, and the Zealot IPA was pretty killer. The Dark Age Bourbon Stout and Black Angel Cherry Sour were nice as well. Thought the saisons lacked a little something. Food was quality. Would recommend starting in the downstairs tasting room.

It's a definite stop in town, and an exciting prospect to kill some of the monotony that had crept in - alongside some recent standouts of course, like the Catawba and GM projects/releases.

4. beerFool28607

beerFool28607 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2012 North Carolina

Sounds great! Been a while since an asheville trip..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.