Will be in DENVER for a week

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by BgThang, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BgThang

BgThang Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2007 Texas

Coming in tomorrow and will be leaving july 3rd. What are the best bottle shops to hit up?
    looking for crooked stave, russian rivers, odell's friek, lost abbey, funkwerks etc...
    any other bottle brewery beers I should seek out?

Also I will have a car and the wife and I will be traveling to boulder and ft collins area as well. Going to epic beer fest friday, what other bars, brewpubs, breweries and restaurants are a must see if I never make it back to denver/boulder/ft.collins?

2. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2007 Colorado

Friek will be hard to find as will anything from Russian River (R.R. only last about a couple hours in any store). Most larger stores will have Funkwerks and Crooked Stave. Bottle shops: Lukas Liquor, Mile High Wine and Spirits, Heritage (Can find some good gems), and a whole list these guys are going list after me. Look for CO only companies like River North, Upslope Imperial IPA 19.2oz Can, Elevation, and a knowledgeable beer assistant to help you at whatever store you drop in to.

denver10, poonamibaxter and Domingo like this.
  3. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,216) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ahhh...sold my last Friek about 10 days ago, and Woodcut last week. I would almost suggest you look at beermapping.com, but the results on the map will be dense. The larger stores have massive selections, which can be a blessing and a curse. They get some rare beers, but go through them quickly.
    The big stores I'm not impressed with are Argonaut, DaveCo and Applejacks. Poor service, poor quality.

Other large stores have much of their selection warm, like Boulder Liquor Mart, Total Beverage (both). The corporate stores suck: Target, King Soopers, Safeway, Keg (Rite Aid), and Whole Foods.

So, I guess that's a list of what stores not to hit :confused: Different tactic

4. BgThang

BgThang Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2007 Texas

Thanks for the suggestions.

5. Steve_0

Steve_0 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

What was the code word again?

6. joshclauss

joshclauss Zealot (689) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado

...they have those?

7. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2007 Colorado

We have those :sunglasses:

I'd throw Paradox on the list for stuff to look for too.

joshclauss likes this.
  8. ablackshear

ablackshear Zealot (671) Sep 17, 2010 Minnesota

When 2012 Dissident hit town I went to Argonaut, none on the shelf so Iasked for one. First guy had no idea what I was talking about, second guy brought me a bottle of Ska Decadent IPA

9. joshclauss

joshclauss Zealot (689) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado

Yes, that is the best one I've heard in a while.

10. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Pundit (812) Jun 26, 2007 Colorado
    Trader

He was doing you a favor

BgThang likes this.
  11. paintchip

paintchip Aspirant (249) Aug 12, 2010 New York

I would recommend Hops & Pie for a good bar to visit. They have good food and a constant rotation of local and non-local beers on tap. The place is small though so it can get pretty crowded at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.