Will you return to taprooms, bars, restaurants, and beer gardens or wait?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Todd, May 13, 2020.

?

Will you return or wait?

This poll will close on Aug 11, 2020 at 3:08 PM.
  1. Return

2. Wait

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,149) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

This I can certainly relate to.

2. scream

scream Meyvn (1,136) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  3. raynmoon

raynmoon Champion (802) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado
    Trader

I'll wait for all the out-of-code beer to be gone :grin:

4. 2GUYS1Garage

2GUYS1Garage Initiate (22) Apr 26, 2020

Already been! Going to continue to go.

Bitterbill and CervezaNY like this.
  5. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,261) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

FFF just closed their brewpub, per Chicago Tribune, despite Indiana trying to open up again.
    *shrugs*

6. duluthjacket

duluthjacket Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2019

Already been to Taco Mac, can't wait for Good Word to re-open for in house dining and drinking.

russpowell likes this.
  7. ThisWangsChung

ThisWangsChung Poo-Bah (3,096) Oct 15, 2011 Maryland
    Society

I've been happily drinking beer in solitude for years, I see no reason to stop now

8. hottenot

hottenot Disciple (334) Aug 13, 2018 North Carolina
    Society

Business is brisk these days too!
    Pretty soon I'll have enough to buy a Ferrari!

Like this:
    [​IMG]

Premo88, beertunes, cavedave and 3 others like this.
  9. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (1,884) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society

I originally voted that I'd wait, then the last week or so I started to consider venturing outside my town over to the Austin area as things are reopening. But the virus numbers appear to be spiking in many states that are reopening (and the numbers are spiking heavily in my county since we reopened), so I'll stick with my original thought.

I'm waiting until there's a vaccine before venturing out for a pint at a bar/taproom.

10. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,142) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

I'm still in "wait n see" mode. Looks like June 1 is when limited taproom/restaurant seating will be starting around here, so I'll give it a couple weeks after that. I'll still swing by for take away brews until then though.

11. Lonestar9

Lonestar9 Initiate (186) Apr 27, 2008 South Carolina
    Trader

I’m ready but the world is not. What I mean is that I often went and grabbed a brew or 2 by myself at the bar. Now, with limited seated capacity some bar areas are staying closed and I’d feel weird taking up a table all to myself while others waited. Sad times..lol.

12. Junior

Junior Crusader (700) May 23, 2015 Michigan
    Society Trader

13. Miles_in_beer_city

Miles_in_beer_city Devotee (411) Jun 18, 2014 North Carolina
    Society

I'll be back in the tasting rooms when either one of two conditions apply.
    1. There is an effective vaccine
    2. When new cases has virtually dropped to zero for 2 weeks or longer.

Not only is this thing really really bad to get, it is apparently much more infectious than other diseases, and the 2 week asymptomatic but contagious time frame is alarming.

That said, I still want to support my local breweries, and I encourage them to continue driveby purchases (even if or only an hour or so a day) for those that still love their beer, but are part of the vulnerable population.

14. kezarbeer

kezarbeer Initiate (85) Apr 24, 2009 Massachusetts

When breweries open and institute their safe practices, I will absolutely go and support them

ATL6245, dukeandduke and Bitterbill like this.
  15. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,081) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

I changed my vote, the wife & I went out for a meal & some beers. It was very controlled though, middle of the work day, sparse crowds. I will not venture out to places not real quiet. Everyone behaved theirselves there, so that was encouraging

16. Miles_in_beer_city

Miles_in_beer_city Devotee (411) Jun 18, 2014 North Carolina
    Society

I did curbside pickups at two breweries on Saturday. Both told me that they plan to continue curbside sales after they re-open, which the governor just allowed.

Jaycase likes this.
  17. ATL6245

ATL6245 Aspirant (212) Aug 16, 2018 Georgia

I visited my local tap room this weekend. I felt perfectly comfortable there. They limit the total number of people that can be inside at one time. The tables were well spaced. The staff wore masks and gloves and were consistently cleaning all surfaces. They had a specific area to return your glass. There was sanitizer readily available. I'm not sure what else they could do to make someone feel more comfortable. Man, it was nice to be able to sit and have a fresh beer.

18. Dandrewjohn

Dandrewjohn Initiate (134) Apr 13, 2013 Texas

I read in an article not long ago that some source (don’t ask me to cite) predicted that ultimately 40-60% of the population will contract the “rona”. That concerns me enough to stay away for a while, despite the gemütlichkeit of my favorite places.

19. andypeters1971

andypeters1971 Aspirant (206) Mar 5, 2018 Georgia
    Trader

will return as soon as possible

20. Immortale25

Immortale25 Poo-Bah (3,358) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Society Trader

So you won't be going back to a tasting room for probably 4 years or so? It takes 10 years to develop a proper vaccine. 4 or 5 if they're working round the clock. 2 or 3 years would be record breaking. If they come out with one by next spring, which I've heard might happen, there's no way I'm letting a rush-job vaccine into my body

21. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,309) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

What are you worried about? They won't waive any of the important safety protocols

22. stairway2heavn

stairway2heavn Initiate (68) Aug 17, 2017 New Jersey

Rush job meaning?
    It's going to get safety tested. Vaccines are very much safe generally anyway. The biggest concern really wouldn't be active harm, but effectiveness/longevity (some have volunteered to be exposed post vaccination to trial it, certainly an intimidating job to take). But vaccine reactions are incredibly rare. You're going to be much more likely to be harmed by the virus than any vaccine. Now if you have a microbiology or immunology PhD you'd like to show off....

Besides don't worry, essential workers/medical workers will be getting it first anyway. Maybe when we don't all fall over dead/contract late onset autism/all get Guillain-Barré syndrome, you can do your part and get vaccinated to help those that can't be effectively vaccinated.
    (This all pre-supposes we develop it successfully obviously.)

23. ssam

ssam Aspirant (292) Dec 2, 2008 California

You really don't know what a muzzle is, huh?