Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Windham/Salem NH Bottle Shops

Discussion in 'New England' started by Mbarry7, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Mbarry7

I'll be staying a night near exit 2 off of 93. Any decent bottle shops in the area?

Side question: Any BA's know the current list at Moat Mountain? Suggestions? I'll be there on Sunday.

Cheers

2. barleywinebrewer

Mckinnons is good as is the Drinkery.

3. Pgarand

I would head through Salem to the One Stop Market in Haverhill MA, go down 93 to Andover Liquors (MA) or go north on 93 to Hookset NH to Bert's. As far as Moat goes I believe they are currently serving their Stout, Bone Shaker Brown, Iron Mike'sPale Ale, Blueberry Ale, Hoffman Weiss and Czech Pilsner. Enjoy!

4. FrankLloydMike

Subscriber

I'm not super familiar with the area, I keep meaning to check out the Drinkery. I've heard good things, and the space looks very cool, for what it's worth. It's a bit more of a drive north, but Bert's Better Beers in Hooksett (maybe 25-30 minutes from Exit 2) is the gold standard for beer stores in the state. It sounds like you're just looking for beer stores, but if you want a bar or brewpub, you can get to good ones in Manchester, Nashua, Lowell or Haverhill all within about 20-30 minutes. I'd especially recommend Martha's Exchange (before it turns into a nightclub) in Nashua and the Tap in Haverhill.

Pgarand's take on the Moat taplist is probably a safe bet. As of a week or two ago, they had Scottie's IPA on, so that might be on still, too. I'd start with a sampler and see what you like, but my favorites are the Iron Mike, Bone Shaker Brown, Hoffman Weiss and Stout. Enjoy the trip!

5. Kinsman

Moat should have their Octoberfest on as well

6. Mbarry7

Thanks everyone! Some great advice.

I'm hoping to stop in here on the way home. I need to explore the north shore and northern MA more often.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  7. jim4399

McKinnons in Salem has a great selection and just up Rt. 28 from exit 2. You will be able to find White Birch and Nepenthe at McKinnons if you are looking for local stuff. The next closest place in NH with good selection is Barbs Beer Emporium and the Drinkery (less than a mile apart) a short distance off exit 4 about 8 miles up the highway from Salem.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe