Wixom, MI

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by goast8127, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goast8127

goast8127 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2010 Michigan

Moving to Wixom from eastern Oakland County. Based on my research here and elsewhere, it seems my craft beer options will be changing significantly. While I could still make trips to Dragonmead, Kuhnhenn, Holiday Market, 8 Degrees, etc., it won't be nearly as simple as it is now. I'm familiar with Uptown Grill and I know I'll be closer to Witch's Hat and the Milford places. Is Hiller's going to be my best bet as far as bottle and can selection goes? Are there other bars/breweries/stores that I should look into?

2. shamrock071521

shamrock071521 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2012 Michigan

As far as bottle shops go, there's definitely a few good ones in the area, although not as many nor as close together as on the east side. If you're in the area of Uptown, I'd recommend Discount Drinks in Farmington Hills (12 Mile and Halsted). Good selection, a make your own 6pack shelf, and reasonable prices.

You're also now closer to Ann Arbor, which has a plethora of breweries (Jolly Pumpkin, Wolverine, Arbor, Grizzly Peak, etc.) and beer bars (Ashley's, Bill's Beer Garden, Dominick's). As a plus, most of those are within walking distance of each other.

goast8127 likes this.
  3. Billet

Billet Initiate (188) Dec 17, 2013 Michigan

It would be a worthwhile trip down to Plymouth to hoist a pint at Liberty Street Brewing. There is also Country Acres Market a little west of South Lyon on Ten Mile Rd. for bottles and cans.

goast8127 likes this.
  4. ojgio

ojgio Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Michigan

Good bottle shop: Wixom Liquor on Pontiac Trail & Wixom next to the Little Ceasars. Mike will take care of you.

goast8127 likes this.
  5. ojgio

ojgio Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Michigan

For taps: Other than Uptown... Palate in Milford isn't too far away. And Witches Hat is a top 5 brewery in MI, IMO.

goast8127 likes this.
  6. Brianw508

Brianw508 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

witches hat makes amazing beer. i am a huge fan of them. i've heard nothing but amazing things about palate too. Uptowne grille has a solid selection and i love their firecracker wings! hope this helps

goast8127 likes this.
  7. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Meyvn (1,381) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan

Check out Palate, my local pub in Milford.

My local brewery is River's Edge in Milford. They are making clean and balanced beers out of the box, and they may have some more interesting things in the future.

Places that have some bottled craft beer in ascending order Holden's, Colisanti's, and Pine Ridge. The last 2 are just north of Milford with a Highland address.

Boosully and goast8127 like this.
  8. ScottatShorts

ScottatShorts Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2013 Michigan
    Industry

As everyone else said. Wixom Liquor has a good selection and make your own 6 pack. Love Witches Hat, Uptown and Palate.

goast8127 likes this.
  9. Boosully

Boosully Initiate (146) Apr 8, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

goast8127 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.