Wolf's Ridge Brewing and Releases

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Brown120, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

@Spider889, thanks for all the great details. Were you able to confirm two ticket purchase? Thanks!

2. Spider889

Spider889 Meyvn (1,293) Mar 24, 2010 Ohio
    Society

Yes.

Runofthedill likes this.
  3. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

Are ticket holders getting in at 9am or the plan is to hold non-ticket holders until 11am?

4. dtx00

dtx00 Disciple (317) Oct 21, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I know details are to come (hopefully sometime today, since tickets go on sale tomorrow) are the tickets for sale going to be on your website, or third party? Also will the details be posted here, or where should I look? Dont have Facebook, but I do follow on Twitter.

5. Spider889

Society

I'll try to post the link here if I can but don't wait for me. Should post to Facebook and Twitter and link will also be on the website.

The actual sales will be through Event Brite.

We're still working it out precisely, but yes, I believe non-ticket holders will be able to enter the outdoor space we'll have set up by 9AM. I think everyone will be happy with the final details.

PJ_ likes this.
  6. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,206) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

I'm not seeing links up on your site yet, and a search on Eventbrite for Wolf's Ridge events in Columbus does not show anything for 9/17. As a sidenote I do not have access to Facebook at work.

7. Spider889

Society

8. Sabtos

Society Trader

Ouch, already gone. Well hidden on Eventbrite too. Grats to all that were able to get theirs.

9. Rydro17

Rydro17 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2014 Ohio

Yea gone in less than 2 mins. Was able select tickets, but then were unavailable when I got to the next page.

Edit- few came back at 12:10. Got lucky this time.

10. irishaj

irishaj Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2014 Ohio

hit refresh and saw 2 left...panic set in...hit button...got one...that was intense

11. BuckeyeBeerhead

BuckeyeBeerhead Initiate (143) Jun 18, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Your name shows in the list of people going when you click the details for the event. So that's weird. But also fucking creepy!

12. Sabtos

Society Trader

Welp, this is the downside of my not using any social media, breweries that almost exclusively announce and release new information there. There's a few I would completely lose track of if not for BA (backhanded thank you to all here)! But sounds like even if I'd had the link I wouldn't have gotten them anyway, oh well. Maybe we'll do Zinzinnati that weekend! Must...resist...social media.

13. Rydro17

Rydro17 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2014 Ohio

Was able to get them when, they came available again!

BuckeyeBeerhead likes this.
  14. Cbusssted

Cbusssted Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Ohio

You can still go to Wolf's Ridge and you'd still be able to buy all the bottles you'd want as well as drink all the taps. I hope you were aware of that. You aren't shut out of the release in anyway.

#54 Cbusssted, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    PJ_ likes this.
  15. Sabtos

Society Trader

Coming from Akron though, the guarantee of not standing in line or wading through people was the main draw. Simply judging by how busy it got for the last non-barrel-aged release, there will probably be people there holding a place in the regular line long before the early bird ticket holders are let in, and a lot of them. They'll also probably sell out fairly quickly, unless they somehow manage to have more BA bottles than they had of the regular versions, which sold out last time. Or else they'd have to impose really tight limits.

It's no biggie, I knew my chances were slim even if I had gotten through to the site.

16. Runofthedill

Karma paid off, got my two tickets for me and a buddy.

frenchblood21 and Treebute like this.
  17. gilligantrips

gilligantrips Initiate (82) Jun 4, 2015 Ohio

How early should I line up for this release (no early bird ticket here)?

18. Cbusssted

We don't know bottle counts yet, but I'm sure someone will ask every few days from now until the release so we'll know eventually.

Also going to their other releases helps you gauge this.

#58 Cbusssted, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  19. Treebute

Treebute Initiate (143) Jul 13, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Usually arrived at 8 and didn't have an issue. Usually the first 30-40 ppl. With this one though... I got a feeling the good word of Wolf Ridge has traveled far.

20. Spider889

Society

Last BA release counts were low to spread the love and around 300 people got what they wanted with beers dropping off after that. I expect slightly higher limits but also slightly more bottles this time, so if you're in the first 200+ I think you'll be fine.

Treebute likes this.
  21. Spider889

Society

Should add that at least 500 people got at least one BA variant last time though and the drafts all lasted for days after the release. It'll be fun regardless of place in line imo.

22. Runofthedill

Not like you are biased or anything :wink:.

ODYSEYY likes this.
  23. BuckeyeBeerhead

Trader

You know what would be neat? A slightly higher allotment amount allowed for those that bought the early entry tickets. Even if by only one bottle more of everything. But I'm just thinking out loud!

Elkevjoe, Rydro17 and Runofthedill like this.
  24. Cbusssted

Early entry isn't elite enough. I think ticket holders should maybe get a golden plaque on the wall with their names on it.

Spider889 likes this.
  25. BuckeyeBeerhead

Trader

That's an extra $20 at least on the ticket cost. You would be horrible at The Price is Right!

Spider889 likes this.
  26. Treebute

Trader

I'm not an expert but does barrel aging crème ales make sense. This would get me excited if the end result is what I have in mind. @Spider889

Spider889 likes this.
  27. Spider889

Society

LOL, I don't see it working under normal circumstances, but maybe if I could swing a.month or less in a barrel it wouldn't become overwhelmed.

Not a bad idea but since it was never advertised as such I won't be granting unique privileges to anyone this time around. Our goal has always been to get beer into as many expected hands as possible, then to produce as much as reasonably expected to sell for every release. For now fairness prevails but in time we might be willing to explore other options.

Fwiw, the ticket price isn't much of a premium considering cost - menu price for a barrel aged flight is $20 and $14 for the sandwich, plus coffee, plus gratuity, plus we ate over $3 in fees because Squarespace couldn't handle what we asked of it and had to use Eventbrite. I know many of you wanted tickets for peace of mind and a place to sit comfortably as well, so great deal all told.

Sure I am, but after today's announcements I find it hard to believe anyone already curious about attending not being excited. This will by far be our biggest and most ambitious release ever, and far more comfortable and fun than the January one where people had to wait in an empty room until we could fit more in the taproom.

28. Cbusssted

https://www.facebook.com/events/1102491176485132/

The draft list for the event includes:
    Taproom
    1. Clear Sky – Cream Ale
    2. Clear Sky Daybreak (NITRO) – Coffee Vanilla Cream Ale
    3. Clear Sky Coconut Cream Pie – Coconut Cream Ale
    4. Clear Sky Lemon Meringue – Lemon Vanilla Cream Ale
    5. Feuer und Wasser – Smoked Helles
    6. Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité - Bière de Garde
    7. Driftwood – Session IPA
    8. English IPA
    9. Earthrise - IPA
    10. Howling Moon - Imperial IPA
    11. BLKWATR – English Dark Mild
    12. Blue Milk (NITRO) – Blueberry Milk Stout
    13. Pi (2015) – Imperial Pumpkin Ale
    14. Pi (2016) – Imperial Pumpkin Ale
    15. Bourbon Barrel Pi – Barrel Aged Pumpkin Ale
    16. Dire Wolf – Imperial Stout
    17. Yub Nub – Cinnamon Coffee Imperial Stout
    18. Canis Mexicanus Double Espresso – Espresso Spiced Stout
    19. Bourbon Barrel Canis Mexicanus – Barrel Aged Spiced Stout
    20. Bourbon Barrel Coffee Vanilla Dire Wolf – Barrel Aged Coffee Stout

Outside
    1. #DAVEDOESNTKNOW – Coffee Imperial Pumpkin Ale
    2. Oktoberfest
    3. Coffee Standard – Coffee Helles Lager
    4. Coffee Joy – Coffee Coconut Imperial Stout
    5. Double Dry Hopped Habanero Howling Moon –Habanero IPA
    6. Framboise Legacy – Raspberry Golden Sour
    7. Cinnamon Toast Brunch (CASK) – Cinnamon Daybreak
    8. Dire Wolf Pepper (CASK) – Chili Imperial Stout
    9. Clear Sky Loops (CASK) – Orange Key Lime Cream Ale
    10. Strawberry Rhubarb Beyond Measure (CASK) – Fruited Witbier

Tap list INTENSIFIES

29. MajorBuckeye

MajorBuckeye Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Ohio

@Spider889 Sounds like the red carpet is being rolled out for this event. Indoor and outdoor seating & tap lists?

Are you planning on closing off Hickory and/or the parking lot across from the tap room?

BuckeyeBeerhead likes this.
  30. Spider889

Society

Yes for both of those. Bands will be outside as well. Should hopefully spread the load out and I hope draft lists are both unique enough to keep people moving about.

I'll say it now so everyone is warned, bring your ID. We'll be checking everyone at the door, no exceptions, and providing wrist bands for those looking to purchase alcohol.

31. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

Just saw on the Ohio Beer Blog that the taproom will be opening at 11:30 on that Saturday? So does that mean the bottle release will start at 11:30 for us non-VIP ticket holders?

32. Spider889

Society

Was a misprint. Taproom opens at 10:30 for non ticket holders, but at minimum everyone can grab a bottle number starting at 9 and we're about 90% sure there will be beer flowing outside starting at 9 as well for those not in the pre-sale group.

Cbusssted, JohnnyMc, Rydro17 and 4 others like this.
  33. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

Good deal dude, thanks for the clarification. looks to be an amazing event

Spider889 and MajorBuckeye like this.
  34. wildcatdotdotdot

wildcatdotdotdot Initiate (102) Jul 22, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

No mention of limits in the article? Info coming soon?

Runofthedill likes this.
  35. Runofthedill

Already picture myself carrying boxes while trying to get into my uber.

36. Spider889

Society

Sorry nothing yet. A new piece of equipment we expected to expedite filling bottles for the release was delayed almost a month so things are behind atm. Final counts and limits will be pretty down the the wire unfortunately but everything will be at least 2 per person, hopefully more on at least some if not all.

37. Treebute

Trader

FYI BB Dire wolf is tasting fantastic right now.

Cbusssted and PJ_ like this.
  38. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

Same for Rum and Rum Line.

Cbusssted likes this.
  39. Cbusssted

I think a lot of these Dire Wolf variants really start to peak after a few months. I just drank my last Coffee Vanilla Dire Wolf and have been drinking it on tap at WRB since the bottle release in July and that beer has really come together in a majorly good way since then.

PJ_ likes this.
  40. Runofthedill

I checked, but didn't see anything, any event's going on downtown Saturday morning that would be of concern towards getting around. Thankfully OSU on the road makes my ride in a bit easier.

Was planning on arriving right around 9 with early bird entry but just checking if I have anything to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.