Wookey Jack

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by punkhim, Apr 20, 2012.

1. punkhim

punkhim Dec 22, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Just saw that Elliott Bay in Mill Creek is tapping Wookey Jack at 5PM tomorrow, and will have $10 growler fills (tomorrow only according to the tweet). Excited to try Wookey out. Not sure if everyone else has run into it yet, but I haven't seen it.

2. NWer

NWer Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the head's up. Haven't been there for a while & it's in my neighborhood.

3. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Jan 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

What's there twitter name?. I am not finding it.

4. hopburster

hopburster Feb 2, 2011 Washington

@bryandombrowski

5. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Aug 17, 2005 Oregon
    Beer Trader

For anyone in Portland who sees this thread, we got bottles in this morning, so I assume that anyone else who got a delivery from Maletis today should have it as well.

6. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Jan 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Thanks

7. NWer

Beer Trader

Great! I'm in Portland next week. "we"?
    BTW - somebody tweeted that growler fill prices are $10 for 1 liter $20 for 2 liter growlers.
    Kinda steep if true.

8. hopburster

hopburster Feb 2, 2011 Washington

That's what the tweet from them said...same thought exactly...$$$20 for a growler fill????

While Bryan usually has a nice tap list, it's been my experience that most of the best stuff he has is not available in growlers...and when he does pour growlers, his prices are always on the high side.

9. NWer

Beer Trader

I went, had a Wookey & a pizza, and am back home enjoying a Racer X. Would have been fun to stay but intimidated by the 12% ABV I wanted and had to drive.
    Unless you like your beer real cold, tell the bartender not to serve it in a chilled glass if you go there. Served too cold in my opinion.

10. punkhim

punkhim Dec 22, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Yeah, just saw that tweet too. Yesterday's tweet said $10 growler fills, which I had assumed was 2 liters. Sorry for the confusion. :confused:

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!