Worst beer you've tried

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by anglagard1, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim007007

tim007007 Devotee (473) Nov 22, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

got a bottle of meantime coffee porter. hopefully there was something wrong with this bottle...if not, worst beer in a long time.

2. Bubbawilly88

Bubbawilly88 Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2014 California

Indra Kinidra was one of the worst. I forced it down on principle. Black Marlin with serrano peppers was a close second. Tasted like tobasco and soy sauce. Boiling ass lava the next day.

kidrogers likes this.
  3. kidrogers

kidrogers Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2008 Illinois

Southern tier 2 xmas. The glogg nonsense. Like water filtered through gym socks and turds.

4. spitshaded

spitshaded Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2012 Virginia

Strangeways Olivia (Wyld Sisters Sour). No sourness, no carbonation, & looked like murky pond water. My friend got the set as well & had the same experience with the Portia bottle. I really like supporting local breweries & like that Strangeways does some very adventurous things- but at around $40 for a 3-pack, this is pretty awful. I drank 3/4 of the bottle trying to like it but couldn't. Now I'm stuck with the other 2 & don't see myself having an urge to open either in the foreseeable future.

5. mohawk5

mohawk5 Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2014 New Jersey

Just remembered. Pabst Blue Ribbon

A couple years ago after a softball game. Guy that's supposed to bring the beer brings this shit. It's hot out like 90 degrees. I never liked it but after a few years figured why not let's try it again. And there no other beer anyway. I crack one open. Jesus. One of the worst beers on Earth. Finally someone brought Miller Lite which tasted like Sculpin compared to that PBR swill.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  6. ol_dirty_jaysta

ol_dirty_jaysta Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2015 California

I would say Schneider aventinus, it was too fruity and every sip made me cringe. Finished it like a champ though. Strong beer nonetheless.

7. SmashPants

SmashPants Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2012 Australia

Without any shadow of doubt, it would have to be Carlton United Brewery's Carlton Dry Fusion series. If I recall correctly it tasted like flat, cheap lemonade mixed with off beer strained through week-old underpants.

8. ol_dirty_jaysta

ol_dirty_jaysta Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2015 California

Another nasty beer I had was Stella Cider, it was way too sweet and the cider taste was overpowering, I felt like I was toasting at a quinceñera.

9. JScoot

JScoot Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2014 Louisiana

Jester King - Kollaborationsbier

10. juke_cleveland

juke_cleveland Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2014 Indiana

I forgot to mention New Belgium Pluot. It tasted like they aged some juice in a copper kettle.

11. Fitz513

Fitz513 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2013 Ohio

I agree, easily one of the worse beers i have had.

12. CapCollector16

CapCollector16 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Ohio

Labatt Bourbon Barrell was god awful. That's gotta be my least favorite I've ever tried.

13. patdunkel

patdunkel Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Wisconsin

I forgot that one, agree. I am a huge Sixpoints fanboy, but that stuff was rank.... I have no idea what they were thinking but I suspect it involved more than a few cans of Hi-Res consumed prior to the decision to make it......

14. leaversuch

leaversuch Devotee (404) Dec 18, 2012 Massachusetts

Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale... Taste like smoke.

patdunkel likes this.
  15. Stimulus199

Stimulus199 Initiate (126) Dec 11, 2013 Minnesota

No question - Bent Brewstillery Dark Fatha

16. tmryan21

tmryan21 Disciple (358) Jan 16, 2014 Illinois

Southern Tier 2XMAS

17. colingaiser

colingaiser Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2014 Colorado

Where I'm from I can't get Dogfish Head, so when someone brought this back from a trip I was quite eager to try this.

Maybe it was my unrealistically high expectations (and the description on the bottle) ... but this was an experiment gone horribly wrong. The flavors did not complement each other at all. I don't understand the high ratings on this one.

Lurkerson likes this.
  18. AOTP

AOTP Initiate (0) Aug 14, 2014 New York

Other Half Red Wine Barrel Aged Stout.

Honorable Mention: Bell's Cherry Stout and Stone Vertical Epic 11/11/11

19. dacubz

dacubz Initiate (0) May 5, 2010 Illinois

Mendocino Red Tail Ale is horrible...ugh.

20. NorfairLegend

NorfairLegend Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2014 Illinois

Pipeworks - Absinthe Barrel Saison. I got that lump in my throat like when you're about to puke but I held it down and choked though the bottle. I've been to Prague and had my fair share of Absinthe which is slightly nasty in itself, anything at a bar that they hand you a spoon, sugar packet and book of matches in order to drink is wrong.

kerry4porters likes this.
  21. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Disciple (302) May 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Oh no! I have one of these that I won at DL day last year! :grimacing:

22. D-Nice

D-Nice Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 Illinois

Sam Adams Cold Snap

Some non-descript amberish ale at a bar downtown Chandler, Arizona (not San Tan Brewery) which finished with the taste of spoiled meat (I can't really describe it - it was savory and meaty). It was very bad and very weird that you'd get that sort of flavor. Passed the glass around. At first it was less gross than confusing because it was a flavor you wouldn't expect from beer. Upon second tries we all realized how gross it was.

timmaaww likes this.
  23. PintOh1759

PintOh1759 Initiate (133) Oct 29, 2014 Missouri

Hands down Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. Tasted like rank garbage. Right behind that was week old 90 degree budweiser.

24. extracheese

extracheese Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2015 Connecticut

I must concur. I bought this. The smell of this beer (ale) punches you right in the face. Perfume and funk and musty basement and old ladies house....an odd smell like no other beer I've ever tried. When you finally hold your nose as best you can and take a sip it's horrible. The closest comparison is when you were a kid and your old aunt gave you a piece of Freedent that had been in the bottom of her naugahyde purse for the last 8 months with lack of any air circulation....and the gum (while gross in it's own right) took on the flavors of perfume, hairspray, tissues and whatever else old ladies carry around.

I've drank some crappy stuff in my day, trust, and I can usually choke them down. This one is like no other. HORRIBLE.

anglagard1 likes this.
  25. kerry4porters

kerry4porters Zealot (561) Dec 31, 2012 Arizona

Sounds like a bad tap line

BriantheBeerGeek likes this.
  26. deleted_user_357747

deleted_user_357747 Crusader (730) Aug 7, 2009

Dif'rent strokes, I thought it tasted like a Luden's cough drop lol.

27. deleted_user_357747

deleted_user_357747 Crusader (730) Aug 7, 2009

It was a gnarly one, fo sho.

SouthAtholSuds likes this.
  28. BriantheBeerGeek

BriantheBeerGeek Initiate (108) May 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

Ovila Abbey Quad w/plums. It's not that this beer was that bad, it's just my least favorite.

29. HopSavant

HopSavant Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2014 Tennessee

You've just offended the entire hipster population.

SouthAtholSuds and mohawk5 like this.
  30. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (3,072) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

To be fair, a beer called Smoked Swamp Ape is kind of setting expectations low.

timmaaww likes this.
  31. mohawk5

mohawk5 Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2014 New Jersey

Ha. I think by now they're used to be offended on a daily basis.

32. _-_-Jason-_-_

_-_-Jason-_-_ Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2014 New York

33. BigBlueShep

BigBlueShep Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2013 California

Very easy for me but some will disagree: Indra Kunindra

34. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (3,072) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

I can't really count the Natty Ices, Beasts, and the traditional BMC varieties just 'cause I got what I expected out of them.
    The worst beer I've had would probably be Shocktop, had one years ago at a restaurant that didn't Oberon, or even Blue Moon (a summertime fallback position at chain restaurants). Server suggested Shocktop, it was new to Michigan, so I said what the hell. Didn't realize it was just an A-B wheat wannabe.
    Gottdam it's disgusting.

ecpho likes this.
  35. Diaper-Daniels

Diaper-Daniels Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2014 Wisconsin

Capital Ghost Ship. It turned into Poopship destroyer.

Tripel_Threat likes this.
  36. IPeteA91

IPeteA91 Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2012 Texas

I had a local IPA that had a rubbing alcohol finish, worst I've tasted. I will not name names. Indra Kunindra is a close second, had it at the brewery last year. I love indian food but not in my beer!

37. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (177) Jan 20, 2015 California

Ive had a few pumpkin beers (smashed pumpkin, autumn maple) and could put down at least over half. Stone's Green tea ipa was a drain pour after a few ounces for me.

38. BillG2330

BillG2330 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2014 Massachusetts

I was excited to see this at my local this past weekend and give it a try and was sorely disappointed. The Bourbon Barrel Stout isn't really any better. It was very thin and watery, no mouthfeel and too much boozy bourbon burn. It was better with a really hard pour, but not by much.

39. Dreizhen

Dreizhen Aspirant (276) Jun 6, 2013 District of Columbia

40. Jirin

Jirin Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Massachusetts

Harpoon Winter Warmer

I've on occasion drain poured a beer at home but this is the only time I've not finished a beer I ordered at a bar.

BergBeer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.