Yeast on 45, turntable stir plate

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Ilanko, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Ilanko

Ilanko Aug 3, 2012 New York

2. jmw

jmw Feb 4, 2009 North Carolina

Dig it Ilanko. and points for ingenuity (although I really think you're going to blow your turntable like this--is yeast worth destroying your connection to 80's 45s?)

Only other worry is that it isn't exactly stirring as much as slinging. You'll get a deposit of yeast slurry around the margin of your centrifugum that is really not much better than a still chamber.
    You need a stir stick that travels slightly slower than the turntable speed.

3. yinzer

yinzer Nov 24, 2006 Pennsylvania

Wow I love it.

If you want to know if it;s helping turn the thing off. Let is set and wait for it to foam. then start it up and see if if foams more. Or any quantitative process where you see it knocking off CO2 from the yeast.

4. Ilanko

Ilanko Aug 3, 2012 New York

Actually I have put 3 marble in to the liquid. the marbles did grate job bounce and making knocking sound.
    The end result was aggressive fermentation in 40 minute.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe