Your 6 Most Frequently Used Beer Vessels

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by LesDewitt4beer, Feb 26, 2021.

1. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Meyvn (1,304) Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Society

Our favorite vessels! Like shaking hands with old friends. Keep on smiling! Cheers! Salute! Slante! Prosit!

[​IMG]

seakayak, 19etz55, OK_Denise and 18 others like this.
  2. bret27

bret27 Poo-Bah (1,997) Mar 10, 2009 California
    Society Trader

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on but I’ll bite :joy:
    [​IMG]
    1. Patron Saints tulip?
    2. SARA Pilsner glass?
    3. Amazon ipa glass
    4. Enegren dimpled mug
    5. Amazon Pilsner glass
    6. SARA Teku
    * disclaimer: between my kids and I there’s a lot of broken glassware. So this isn’t my end-all definitive glassware collection. Just current working glassware.

19etz55, seakayak, sharpski and 23 others like this.
  3. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,771) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Classics.

russpowell and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  4. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,831) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

I want to see @lucius10 post in this thread!

5. LesDewitt4beer

Society

Please post a pic!! You know what you like!

6. JrGtr

JrGtr Devotee (472) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

The motorboat, the sailboat... oh, wait, you mean drinking vessels!!

JimKal, rgordon, BigIronH and 10 others like this.
  7. lucius10

lucius10 Poo-Bah (2,233) Aug 1, 2017 California
    Society Trader

:grin:

So, just so you guys know...I had to think REALLLL hard to dwindle it down to just 6! Ha!:sweat_smile:

[​IMG]

Left to right: 1. https://www.instagram.com/fritglass/?hl=en Custom Beer Sphere Collab with https://www.instagram.com/scomomoanet/
    2. Monkish Blue and White Dodgers Teku
    3. Tree House Rastal Rainbow Teku
    4. Custom https://www.fritglass.com/ 16 oz. Tulip Grail
    5. https://smallbatchglassware.com/collections/featured-glassware/products/glass-13-fancy-beer-glass 13 oz. Rastal Perl Goblet
    6. https://www.instagram.com/just_glass/ 16 oz. Custom Glass

[​IMG]

rmpic82, seakayak, TCgenny and 21 others like this.
  8. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,831) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Many thanks! FWIW #6 would be my choice of the bunch.

LesDewitt4beer likes this.
  9. LesDewitt4beer

Society

I see folks posting incredible beers in very unique glassware and I think I need to expand my personal arsenal to more closely and properly examine and sample beers of the world. Thanks for you post!

TCgenny, russpowell and lucius10 like this.
  10. NYRunner

NYRunner Initiate (84) Nov 5, 2018 New York

Wow, you guys have some nice stuff! I've received glassware as gifts over the years but I'm a klutz and afraid of breaking anything, so I use one of my 2 favorite plain shaker pints. And I've never even chipped them!

11. MKozaka

MKozaka Disciple (318) Apr 25, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Don’t have six in my rotation.
    My main four, all generic, non-logo:

Dimple Mug
    Teku
    Tulip
    Willi

My one splurge, Simon Pearce Tankard:

[​IMG]

seakayak, eppCOS, OK_Denise and 12 others like this.
  12. o29

o29 Devotee (434) Sep 29, 2020 Texas
    Society Trader

I typically would lean towards using simple pint glasses and snifters most of the time despite having a larger selection of glassware available until recently when I've been pretty much using teku glasses for everything. They work well as a one-size-fits-all. I should likely start using glassware more appropriate for the style of beer I'm drinking, but I do enjoy being able to alternate styles in a single night while using the same glass (simply rinsed) between beers.

13. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,079) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

I've been drinking straight from the can lately.

14. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,517) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Currently (of the ones with surviving logos*):
    [​IMG]
    Size and shape is my criteria, not branding. :grin:

That Killian's, for example, is a relatively rare US-made Nonic style glass* which is a US 16 oz. pint, rather than a UK Imperial (19.2 oz) pint, so it nicely holds one 12 oz. bottle or can of beer + adequate head, without that annoying "space" left when using a UK Nonic.

* I once had the same glass with a Budweiser American Ale logo, but, like many glasses, it passed away in the line of the duty. Look, folks, you're going die one day - why let your glassware survive you? "Oh, my wife and kids can sell 'em and live off the proceeds!" No, they're gonna donate them to the rummage sale at the church (maybe your son will save one "Oh, that was Dad's favorite glass!" He'll use it for pens and pencils on his workbench in the cellar).

eppCOS, seakayak, snaotheus and 33 others like this.
  15. Chipotle

Chipotle Aspirant (204) Apr 23, 2017 New York

Surprised not to see the obligatory breakfast stout mug yet.

[​IMG]

I don't have 6 vessels. Really only use 4.

eppCOS, seakayak, OK_Denise and 15 others like this.
  16. jonphisher

jonphisher Meyvn (1,391) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Although some are 12 and some 16 oz...mine would be

1-4. willi
    5. straight from the can
    6. tulip (for the occasional stout or ipa)

17. lucius10

lucius10 Poo-Bah (2,233) Aug 1, 2017 California
    Society Trader

Yeah, bro! That one is a cool one...it "changes colors" with what you put in it. If I put a hoppy/light colored beer in it, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

But, if I put a darker beer like a porter or stout, it looks like this!

[​IMG]

I have a tan and green one like this as well! Cheers, bro!!! :beers::beers::beers:

18. EmperorBatman

EmperorBatman Initiate (165) Mar 16, 2018 Tennessee

I use my Zero Gravity and Bluejacket branded 14 oz. Willi Becher glasses pretty much interchangeably with most beers. If the beer is any larger, I'll use one of my 20 oz. unbranded Willi Becher's. Occasionally I'll use my .4 liter Silver Branch mugs, but it is a strange serving size that doesn't quite hold enough for a full pint, Euro or American.

eppCOS, seakayak, mikeinportc and 2 others like this.
  19. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Aspirant (214) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

Here are mine, no particular order:

[​IMG]

1. GlassToMouth (such a terrible company name) Muppet Can Release Rastal Harmony Glass
    2. This one has a bit of a story. So, I worked for a brewery for 6 months, and we ended up taking over a brewery space from a brewery that never opened. They had a TON of glassware made before they opened, and just left it behind, so I grabbed a few glasses. This is my favorite of them. Nice and thin, super balanced to hold. The hop logo is pretty cool too.
    3. Barreled Souls "Splinter" Teku. Has a nice TMNT arcade game Splinter on it.
    4. Craftmaster. Just comfy to hold.
    5. Foam Tulip(? I'm not sure the actual name, never seen another like it.) My buddy from Scotland came and visited a few years ago, and we did a tour of the Northern Vermont breweries in one day and he bought this for me as a gift. This is what I drink most of my big stouts in.
    6. 16oz Russian River Nonic. Got this in a trade and I love it. Russian River is one of my favorite breweries, and Nonics are great to drink out of. This is my "jack of all trades" glass.

20. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,986) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

You're not really drinking out of a beaker, are you? Oh, the humanity! :wink:

21. nc41

Society Trader

Top 6. Lindemans long stem tulip I suppose, HF Balloon Glass, retro Schaefer glass, Haw River whatever they call it glass, but it’s thin like Speigelu, 3F Teku, BC
    [​IMG]

22. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (5,522) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

We use to drink booze out of beakers all the time in college. Either at geeky Geology club meetings or after various lab classes were over with. We tried to get clean ones, but sometimes that didn't always work :slight_smile: Sometimes during the summer, there would be concerts on the quad, and several times people brought wine and forgot cups. I was working on campus over the summer so had keys to get into the labs and get beakers to use for the concert. One of my old roommates took some as keeps sakes after graduation and still uses them as glasses.

seakayak, AlcahueteJ, Rug and 8 others like this.
  23. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (5,522) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

I typically use a lot of different kinds of glassware, but picking the ones I use most are probably these...they cover most styles I drink. If I was to add a few more, it would probably be my Samuel Smith Imperial Pints, or Saint Arnold hourglass pils glass.

[​IMG]

24. nc41

Society Trader

Damn forgot my Pils glass, it’s just a classic. I have maybe 30 glasses not too outrageous, but these 7 fill the bill. If I redid the picture I’d drop the HF glass because I’m a terrible breaker of glass and I hide it away. But the rest are about what I use everyday.

25. JSullivan

JSullivan Initiate (100) Aug 18, 2010 Massachusetts

It's like choosing your favorite six kids when you're the proud father of 200. These are probably my six most used, but I tend to use branded glasses when I have one for the specific beer I'm drinking so I jump around a lot.

[​IMG]

26. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,636) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Do little beakers grow up to be Willi Bechers?

I keep it simple and use shaker pints for every beer that isn't a stout or special beer, and have a 12 oz snifter for all else. However, I'll break out the few pieces of special glassware that I have for guests. No guest wants to break the host's glassware, so they get better care than if I were using them. :slight_smile:

seakayak, AlcahueteJ, Rug and 2 others like this.
  27. nc41

Society Trader

You a glass breaker?

28. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,636) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

No, not really. I've had a few close calls while washing, but those were enough to scare me. (I should probably ask guests to do dishes? )

russpowell and nc41 like this.
  29. nc41

Society Trader

I just assumed you were like me, hence the shakers which take a beating and won’t break. I hate it when I break my wife’s Knick knacks dusting , or her candle holders twice. If it’s glass I’ve broken it.

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  30. snaotheus

snaotheus Poo-Bah (6,289) Oct 6, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

I have never seen so many empty glasses in a BA thread

31. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,793) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

FYI - I'm prepared to post my top ten vessels if there is any interest...:stuck_out_tongue:

32. dlcarst

dlcarst Initiate (157) Aug 21, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

[​IMG]
    I use about 10 regularly and another 5 on occasion, but these are the most frequent. I guess they're in no particular order in the photo, but I'll describe in order of most-used.

Top-left: 4 Hands tulip, of the taller and narrower variety. Holds 16oz, so I can get most of a tall can in there (but gotta have a nice head, of course). My go-to for IPA, APA, usually ambers, lagers as well.

Front-center: Schlafly 16-oz snifter. My go-to for barleywine (favorite style) and most stouts. Again, large size means I can fit most of a tall can. I have a bunch of small snifters that I'll never use. I need another this size, but I haven't seen one in years.

Front-right: Perennial tulip. I live near Perennial. They're probably my most-consumed brewery. I use this one for all their beers but the sours.

Rear-right: Perennial wine glass. I use it for most wild ales.

Rear-center: Schlafly Pale pint. Some lagers, pales, British styles.

Front-left: Scratch 4th anniversary tulip. It holds a couple ounces more than the Perennial, so I use it for saisons and Belgians from other breweries. I (of course) use it for any Scratch.
    [​IMG]

eppCOS, seakayak, OK_Denise and 14 others like this.
  33. CaptainHate

CaptainHate Champion (858) Apr 22, 2006 Ohio

I picked up one of those, at my wife's insistence, on vacation in 2019. Lovely piece of glasswork.

MKozaka likes this.
  34. nc41

Society Trader

Lol, that’s funny, they’ll last forever too.

35. WCKDVBZ

WCKDVBZ Poo-Bah (1,782) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Society

I use this for every style of beer...

[​IMG]

:rolling_eyes::laughing::joy::grimacing:

Jokes aside, I love my over-sized Duvel. If not, then any snifter and/or tulip. Geordie Schooner glass is nice as well. Makes it much hard to knock your beer over.

#35 WCKDVBZ, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  36. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,793) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

I wouldn't mind a few different styled glasses, but storage is an issue. I did use a stemless wine glass to check out a perceived lemon scent from a beer @JackHorzempa mentioned a couple of weeks ago (Scrag Mountain Pilsner, I think). The glass did present some difference to the smell.

But I like the shaker pints for the same reason you do - they're nearly indestructible. And versatile.

37. deanzaZZR

deanzaZZR Aspirant (229) Jan 8, 2015 California

I guess I'm getting lazy. I'd say more than 80 percent of beer is poured into these 2 glasses. I am drinking mostly lagers these days. I do have tulips for IPAs and stouts and a Chimay chalice for the occasional frothy Belgians.
    [​IMG]

38. Troy-Hawaii

Troy-Hawaii Poo-Bah (1,510) Jun 15, 2015 Hawaii
    Society

I never thought about it this way until now. I have many logo beer glasses from places I have visited that I don't use for fear of breaking them. Makes no sense to have them if I don't actually use them for their intended purpose so I will begin using them and remember what it was like to be able to travel pre-Covid.

39. nc41

Society Trader

They also stack wonderfully, but I collect them if it strikes me, but I prefer something like red wine glasses more. I broke my favorite years ago paid $1 for it at a consignment shop.

beergoot likes this.
  40. LesDewitt4beer

Society

:laughing::laughing::laughing::whale::beers::beers:

eppCOS, TCgenny, 5haw and 9 others like this.