Your 6 Most Frequently Used Beer Vessels

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by LesDewitt4beer, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,181) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yup, wine glasses with their cupped shape have the ability to concentrate aromas and thereby improve the drinking experience.

Conceptually beer tulip glasses and wine glasses are quite similar.

Cheers!

2. nc41

nc41 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

I’m not a beer snob, I’m a glass snob, lol.

3. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,181) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Well, if you drink your Buds out of a red wine glass that is indeed the case! :wink:

Cheers!

4. nc41

nc41 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

Ha no, never done that, Buds in the Pils glass.

5. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Grand Pooh-Bah (4,776) Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

Here's my B list of jars. :laughing: I need to broaden my ale glass selection...(Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a brewer!)[​IMG]
    I do enjoy stouts from the Duvel, Grain Belt sampler and small .3L mug.
    Cheers everyone!

CBlack85, Rug, TongoRad and 8 others like this.
  6. deanzaZZR

deanzaZZR Savant (1,103) Jan 8, 2015 California

Looking at everyone's glassware, I do like the Willi glasses and I immediately remembered how well the one's at pFiem felt in hand. They only sell 4 packs though. Does anyone have a recommendation? I would buy up to 2.

mikeinportc likes this.
  7. LesDewitt4beer

Pooh-Bah Society

Thanks for the links!

lucius10 likes this.
  8. LesDewitt4beer

Pooh-Bah Society

I likey!

JSullivan likes this.
  9. Giantspace

Giantspace Pooh-Bah (2,879) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Here are my six, really only use four.

Half pint mostly when sharing a beer,
    19 oz Nonic, most used. Enjoying a Brawler as I type.
    19 oz snifter style from IKEA
    Ommegang glass from a boxed gift set years ago. Yes I toss this in the dishwasher
    Chimay goblet that followed me home from the Khyber pass pub many moons ago
    Strafe Hendrick goblet I got direct from when I was in Brugge on my honeymoon.

straight from the can/bottle is also a favored method for easy drinking beers.

Enjoy

[​IMG]

CBlack85, jeebeel, TongoRad and 10 others like this.
  10. zac16125

zac16125 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,358) Jan 26, 2010 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Look at that personalization with text on the photo! Next level stuff right there!

I have a whole cabinet full of beer glasses but I find myself using the same St.Feuillien goblet probably 75% of the time. Granted i’ve cut my beer drinking down tremendously to only a few beers a week max and most are goblet-centric (RIS’s, Quads, Barleywines, other big boozy styles) so that contributes. My next tier is my Lost Abbey Teku (mostly for sours), my standard Weyerbacher tulip, and a smaller COAST snifter. If I had to pick 6 the last two would be a Mexican Cake what I believe is considered wine glass, and a Sam Adams perfect pint glass (very under rated glassware IMO and actually probably my preferred IPA/pale ale glass, I just rarely drink IPAs these days).

11. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Grand Pooh-Bah (5,080) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Also prepared for a game of beer pong!

12. bbtkd

bbtkd Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,326) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My most frequently used glasses, most frequent on the left, decreasing to the right;
    • I use the Simon Pearce Essex Tulip on the left for 95% of my beers, since it holds up to a stovepipe can, right to the rim. Had two of these but broke one a few months after I got it.
    • I use the Simon Pearce Stout glass for some 12oz stouts. Just got that last fall.
    • I used to favor the Jester King Snörkel glass but haven't used it for a while. I have five spares for some reason.
    • I use the Bourbon County glass, for ummm, BCBS.
    • The next one is a Lucky Bucket Wicked Joe glass.
    • The last one is a Prairie Artisan, used mostly for 12oz Prairie beers.
    Never realized how hard it is to get a good picture of empty glasses! A few of these need a good cleaning, showing how often I stray from my two favorites.

[​IMG]

13. bret27

bret27 Pooh-Bah (2,900) Mar 10, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I need to find that glass that Indiana Jones uses in The Last Crusade. That would be a good definitive Belgian ale glass.

14. elNopalero

elNopalero Grand Pooh-Bah (4,568) Oct 14, 2009 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I need some clarification here! Most frequently used ... for beer, or all kinds of imbibing?

I’ve had to cut back on my glassware obsession, and I’ve shared the wealth near and far. As long as I use it it stays with me now.

My number one beer drinking vessel is a Bruery tulip I received from @XicanoBeerRun (back when he maintained an account here). It’s my go-to for just about anything.

Second is the Moonlight Ales and Lagers willi that is even older than that tulip. I like that it holds a full pint, now that pints are de rigueur.

In third place is my teku from Open Baladin that somehow survived the flight back.

Lately, I’ve been rotating between Sierra Nevada and Samuel Smith imperial pint glasses. The Sam Smith is a recent acquisition, replacing one I broke and a few I’ve gifted over the years. I use to use nonic pints all the time while these imperial pint glasses collected dust, and now it’s the other way around.

Six and final is a tossup between the Delirum Tremens .25 tulip and the Bells Pilsner pokal. I guess I’m up to seven now!

Might as well make it ten—
    If we are looking at frequency overall, then I need to include the Spaten 0.5l stein, Blind Pig mason jar (thanks to @AndrewK for the replacement), and shaker pint du jour that I rotate through for water. In terms of use I probably have one of these on the table at any given moment of the day.

Too much, and yet it’s never enough!

seakayak, dcotom, PapaGoose03 and 5 others like this.
  15. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Grand Pooh-Bah (3,331) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Thrift stores (Just don't go to mine :wink:)
    My glasses have mostly been 99c, with a range of 50c-$3.99 (a Chimay chalice).
    Have a couple $5 ones purchased at the breweries .

seakayak, AlcahueteJ, dcotom and 4 others like this.
  16. russpowell

russpowell Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,256) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I have wrecked or movers have wreck sooo many more it is sad, So no preferences unless we're talking the skulls of our vanquished enemies

seakayak, dcotom and mikeinportc like this.
  17. nomisugitai

nomisugitai Zealot (706) Mar 11, 2006 New Jersey

Just don't drink out of a beaker if you work in a lab. You could pick up the wrong one and make a dangerous mistake. I'd always cringe when I saw someone using a beaker as a coffee cup at work.

seakayak, dcotom, mikeinportc and 2 others like this.
  18. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Grand Pooh-Bah (5,731) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

1, 2, and 3...
    [​IMG]
    Nonic pint gets the most action all-time for sure; over-sized snifter next - big boy beers go there; tulip for anything graceful lol - Belgian pales, IPAs, saisons...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'm gonna cheat on the format here, because I have a tie at 6th...

4, 5, and 6...
    [​IMG]
    The Willi Becher glass - which for the longest time I just thought was a *nuanced* stange - is actually a very chill glass to use - kinda what the nonic pint is to most ales, the Becher is to most lagers; next, what I've always called a "stout tulip" - and yes, I've used it for stouts, but I really call it that because it's shorter/stouter than the other tulip (in the top pic) lol; and lastly, my tie: goblet - gets a lot of quad and Belgian action, and the pilsner/pokal (?) glass - mostly for pilsners, but other lagers, too (though the Willi Becher has replaced it for many)...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Honorable mention to the almighty...
    [​IMG]
    Until I bought a basic set of beer glasses, I used the Duvel glass for everything...

Cheers...

19. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,003) Apr 5, 2009 Montana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Great thread idea @LesDewitt4beer !

These are the glasses I find myself reaching for the most:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Left to right, top to bottom:

Allagash- fell in love with this glass while visiting Maine with my wife a few years back.

Level- picked up at the source here in Portland.

Solera- couldn't resist getting this on a visit to their brewery. Awesome views of Mt Hood!

Beachcrest- was impressed by this little brewery on the Oregon coast.

Council (RIP)- grabbed this when visiting their tasting room back in 2014. Great memories!

Bissell Brothers- another one I fell in love with while in Maine. Awesome brewery- would love to go back some time!

Much like the variety in the beers we enjoy, it's great to have a variety of glasses to choose from. All styles are welcome in these glasses - I don't discriminate :grin:

Cheers, friends!

#59 muchloveforhops3, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  20. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Grand Pooh-Bah (5,083) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I used to be all about Tekus but recently I have developed a love for Willi Bachers and accumulated quite the selection of them, which I rotate. I drink most of my beer out of them, except for sours. They are fairly versatile despite their basic design. Will post a photo of my top ones soon.

seakayak, dcotom, mikeinportc and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.