Your craft beer sacrilege

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ant7780, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrDecide

DrDecide Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2014 Washington

Yeah I really like using them for standard ambers, ira's, pa's, ipa's & all lagers. I save the proper for imperial's doubles and such.

woemad likes this.
  2. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,730) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

That Quilmes is a new one to me, but I've had all those other beers at some point. Sometimes, I tick for a location, and sometimes I'm just curious...

Greywulfken likes this.
  3. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (5,036) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

I found the Colt to be the most offensive (sorry! I know some folks dig it!); the O'Doul's was just silly (this cannot possibly be what "people-who-want-beer-but-cannot-have-alcohol" want :astonished:) - it was like, mildly dirty water; and the others were all just pretty much versions of Bud from other countries - the darker color on that Marathon showed some promise, but I found it just as bad as the rest :grimacing: ...I thought the Tusker had the most "heart." Unless somebody's going on a tour of such beers, I wouldn't recommend any of them... :stuck_out_tongue: lol

#283 Greywulfken, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    woemad likes this.
  4. Rothobinide

Rothobinide Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2014 California

I've fallen asleep with a good amount of a good beer still in the glass. I've kept it in the fridge and then drank it the next day even though it was flat.

bozodogbreath and rogerdandy like this.
  5. JHE73

JHE73 Initiate (140) Mar 7, 2013 California
    Trader

Pliny form the bottle.

Cannot taste it

6. chcfan

chcfan Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2008 California

I have to do you for the Colt 45 not being from a 40 :wink:

Greywulfken likes this.
  7. Derranged

Derranged Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2010 New York

A couple of months ago I drank an entire 750 of Duvel from the bottle. I was already drunk though.
    I like the taste of Lime-Aritas, Mango-Ritas and Straw-berritas.
    I think very hoppy beer is overrated and if the climate messes up the quality of hops this year I'm gonna laugh pretty hard about it.
    I don't drink craft beer JUST for the taste.

8. chcfan

chcfan Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2008 California

That was supposed to be *ding. WTF

9. DukeCola

DukeCola Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 New Hampshire

I haven't drunk a BMC since 1993. When my hockey team won the championship, I faked drinking the victory Bud and crinkled my can as I threw it in the trash but the can was full and made a thud.

10. celfan

celfan Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2004 Vermont

Never liked the old school west coast/rocky mountain cascade IPA's. Got into IPA when Vermont served up the fruit juice IPA's, and the glasses already existed. What luck!

papposilenus likes this.
  11. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,730) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

Not even calling me out on the correct post, but whatever.

SixThousandDollars likes this.
  12. MicTar

MicTar Initiate (0) Jul 20, 2015 Texas

I would say my biggest sacrilege would be that I do not have all the proper glassware and the vast majority of my beers are pored into a Wiezen glass.

13. celfan

celfan Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2004 Vermont

Sorry, saw the 90 year old guy from Spinal Tap in your Av and thought I had the right post

14. johnjohnbeer

johnjohnbeer Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2012 Ohio

I beer bonged a Loon Gueuze

SixThousandDollars likes this.
  15. Das_Reh

Das_Reh Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2013 Florida

Sometimes I chill/freeze glassware (only for certain styles)

I drainpoured SN Bigfoot and Ayinger Celebrator

I think Budweiser is alright

16. crazycatcouple

crazycatcouple Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2015 Arizona

Using an 8 dollar bomber simply to boil brats in.

My friends look at me weird and it usually ends with them saying whats the point?, but i am brat crazy and everyone in the end always says i cook the best brats so there.

17. papposilenus

papposilenus Poo-Bah (1,677) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

This is totally off-topic but I've had the old Würzburger jingle stuck in my head for the past two days and I had to let someone know...

'Würzburger, Würzburger, real German beer! The way it tastes here is the way it tastes there!'

And, now, if you're old enough to remember it, so do you.

You're welcome.

18. ClavisAurea

ClavisAurea Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008 New York

Collecting too many beers in my cellar and not having enough time to drink them all.

JrGtr, MittenBrews, TooGood and 5 others like this.
  19. ekesz13

ekesz13 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2015 North Carolina

I take beers that I don't want or are past their prime to my softball buddies and pass it off that I am full of goodwill! :slight_smile: They don't know the difference so no real crime, right?

DukeCola and Kman_Colorado like this.
  20. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2012 Missouri

I've drank that water ...

SixThousandDollars and TongoRad like this.
  21. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2012 Missouri

What are you trying to say??? I've got a bottle of Tusker ...:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

TongoRad and Greywulfken like this.
  22. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (5,036) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Actually the Tusker was the best of that bunch - it actually had a teensy bit o' grit to it :sunglasses:

TongoRad and creepinjeeper like this.
  23. rogerdandy

rogerdandy Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2011 Canada (AB)

I came here to post that.

24. TrapJaw77

TrapJaw77 Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2015 Illinois

i've drank miller lite from my 3F DLD mini snifter.

25. MicTar

MicTar Initiate (0) Jul 20, 2015 Texas

Hey ya are getting them to drink a better quality of beer correct?

ekesz13 likes this.
  26. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Disciple (362) Oct 19, 2006 Indiana
    Trader

Although I enjoyed their beer, I knew the place would never survive with the set up they had. It was just too big.

LuskusDelph likes this.
  27. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Disciple (362) Oct 19, 2006 Indiana
    Trader

Pics, or it didn't happen!

28. brother_rebus

brother_rebus Savant (947) Jul 28, 2014 Maine
    Trader

A few years ago, I brought a can of Heady on the mountain with me. It mostly froze in the sub zero temps. I then brought it in the car ride home, leaving it in the dash cup holder. Fell asleep, and when I awoke, it had gitten warm. I was so frustrated, I just basically chugged it right then and there.
    Also have mixed entire cans of Sip of Sunshine and Heady. I still do it. I think its great.

29. connecticutpoet

connecticutpoet Poo-Bah (2,183) Jun 10, 2004 Connecticut
    Society

I've made chili and beer bread using Founder's Breakfast Stout. Celebrator doppelbock is also good in chili - anything with a strong malt flavor and on the darker side gives it added body.

We made a chocolate stout cake using a Cadillac Mountain stout... freakin' epic.

Of course, I also have been known to drink Steel Reserve straight from the can... but when I do I usually chug and it's gone in 8 seconds.

30. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,469) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I scoff at people that confuse 3F and FFF

will_eye_e and bozodogbreath like this.
  31. brother_rebus

brother_rebus Savant (947) Jul 28, 2014 Maine
    Trader

I know both breweries, but fully type out their names to avoid confusion.
    However, I see people interchangeably use the two acronyms for both Indiana and Belgium.
    #craftbeerworldproblems

PA-Michigander likes this.
  32. wingnutter

wingnutter Initiate (0) May 18, 2005 Florida

I did the same thing with a CCB White Oak Jai Alai, right on Central Ave in front of Cycle Brewing. I had just picked up a couple crowlers of Crank, and went to put them in my cooler in the back seat, which had three 4 packs of WOJA that I picked up at CCB 30 minutes prior. I immediately smelled beer when I opened the cooler, and saw a small stream shooting from a can. I grabbed it, popped the top immediately, and chugged it while holding a finger over the pin hole. It was so damn good, I had to take one back into Cycle and give to the beertender just because at that moment, I felt someone else needed to taste that beer.

As far as sacrilege, I will sometimes crack open a bomber of something strong (9+% ABV) at the wee hours of the morning after drinking for hours, knowing theres no way in hell Ill be able to finish it. Then I wake up pissed at myself when I see I drank maybe 1/3 of it before passing out....and I do it ALL THE TIME.

MisterB330 likes this.
  33. mlockman

mlockman Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2015 Indiana

this may be kind of an odd one, but making fun of somebody else's tastes/preferences. one of the great things about craft beer is its diversity and appeal to a wide variety of audiences, I think it would be "sacrilege" to ridicule that.

34. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Aspirant (276) Sep 22, 2011 Georgia

I will open at least 6 at a time and cap them back in the fridge. Variety is the spice of life and rotating them is key to bring more different ipas in the house.

35. LuskusDelph

LuskusDelph Initiate (0) May 1, 2008 New Jersey

I agree. Lots of bad design decisions, especially with regard to the scope of the place. That cavernous beerhall (intended as the centerpiece of the operation) was even apparently something of a local joke, from what I've heard (I have visited the area every summer since the late 1970s for an annual convention and have come to know many of the locals).

The entire complex, including the hotel (once a nice place but which had seriously gone to seed) and brewery (which was gutted more than a decade ago), has been now been demolished, except for the restaurant/bar that was once attached to the brewery.

bozodogbreath likes this.
  36. beerluvr

beerluvr Meyvn (1,220) Jan 2, 2001 Canada (ON)

I have drunk Chimay Blue from a plastic Solo cup once. ONCE.

37. flskydiver

flskydiver Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2014 Florida

The first time I had BOMB! it was out of a red solo cup. I snuck it into Hollywood Studios and thoroughly enjoyed it while watching Fantasmic with the family.

38. CantankerousCaveBear

CantankerousCaveBear Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2015 Canada (ON)

So have I. Guilty of drinking a Chimay Red solo cup. Also guilty of drinking many IIPAs in solo cups in university. I'm a stupid, stupid man.

taxandbeerguy and beerluvr like this.
  39. alexanderplatz

alexanderplatz Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2015 Kentucky

[​IMG]
    Solo cup beer guide: Chimay Red, Chimay Blue, Chimay Gold, Rolling Rock

taxandbeerguy, torihf, chcfan and 7 others like this.
  40. Yargamo

Yargamo Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2015 New York

I demand some chill haze on my IPAs. Don't give a blooming fart. I do enjoy the warm down - but I like to start cold.

brother_rebus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.