Yuengling Launches "Make Your Day Golden" Campaign

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Jason, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Founder (0) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts

New campaign highlights the Yuengling Golden Pilsner, the first brand ever created by the 6th generation

Pottsville, PA, March 2019D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc., America’s Oldest Brewery®, announced today the launch of “Make Your Day Golden,” a new, fully integrated campaign in support of Yuengling Golden Pilsner; the brand’s first new year-round product in 17 years. Yuengling Golden Pilsner was created by Yuengling’s sixth generation of family members – Jen, Debbie, Wendy and Sheryl Yuengling.

Yuengling Golden Pilsner is a modern interpretation of the European pilsner-style beer, born from six generations of brewing expertise. Golden in both name and color, Yuengling Golden Pilsner is the perfect balance of hop and malt character for crisp and smooth thirst quenching refreshment.

“Make Your Day Golden” personifies the refreshing pilsner-style beer, which is great for getting the most out of life. From hanging out with your friends, to a backyard gathering, or a day at the beach, Golden Pilsner is a refreshing catalyst for good times.

“My sisters and I wanted to create a refreshing beer that fit our active lifestyles,” said Wendy Yuengling, 6th generation daughter, D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. “We worked for 18 months in creating Golden Pilsner as we wanted to bring consumers something new that meets Yuengling standards in terms of a quality, sessionable product. It’s a beer that, no matter the time of day, the people you’re with, or the place you drink it, when you crack open a crisp, refreshing Yuengling Golden Pilsner, it makes your day golden.”

Starting the end of March, Yuengling will roll out the fully integrated “Make Your Day Golden” advertising campaign in Yuengling’s 22 state footprint including video, audio, out-of-home, social media and retail activation that will be bright and refreshing, representing the crisp, smooth taste of Yuengling Golden Pilsner.

Chicago-based creative agency Laughlin Constable, Agency of Record for Yuengling, set the creative vision for “Make Your Day Golden.”

“Yuengling Golden Pilsner is refreshing and smooth, it says so right there on the label. And it was so important to us to share that message throughout our campaign work.” said Jon Laughlin, Group Creative Director. “We needed to engage our already active audience and communicate with them that this beer is from Yuengling's newest generation. So, we let the golden hue inspire us and created content that completely lives in the golden hour—those moments where friendships are forged and good times are on the horizon.”

After launching in March 2018, Yuengling Golden Pilsner is now fully available throughout Yuengling’s entire 22 state footprint, making it the perfect time for “Make Your Day Golden.” Golden Pilsner represents a refreshing, sessionable beer that’s not too light, full of taste, uniquely Yuengling and proudly American made. To view the videos and images:

https://yuengling.prezly.com/media/album/5686

For more information about Yuengling, “like” our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Yuengling), follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Yuengling_Beer) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/yuenglingbeer/) or visit www.Yuengling.com.

###

About D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc.
    Celebrating its 190th anniversary, D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc., America's Oldest Brewery®, is family-owned and operated since 1829. Now sold in 22 states, production is supported by two breweries in Pottsville, PA and one in Tampa, FL. Principal beer brands include Yuengling® Traditional Lager, Light Lager, Black & Tan, Premium, Light, Dark Brewed Porter, Lord Chesterfield Ale®, Oktoberfest and the new Golden Pilsner. Get news, updates and access media images at https://www.yuengling.com/news. Laughlin.com, www.Facebook.com/LaughlinConstable or follow LC on Twitter @LaughlinAgency.

2. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,351) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Since today is the first day of spring I think that maybe it is time for another Yuengling twofer: Something old, something new – Yuengling

[​IMG]

Overall:

Lord Chesterfield: Within the context of an AAL beer this beer is a joy to drink. The highlights are the hop aroma and nice head retention. If you are looking for a nice thirst quenching beer in these ‘Dog Days of Summer’ this is a good choice.

Golden Pilsner: This beer is well balanced between the malt flavors (bready) and hop flavors (spicy). The flavor level is low/moderate and this beer indeed fits with the “refreshment” category. I enjoyed drinking this bottle of beer.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/new-beer-sunday-week-703.584344/#post-6134900

Cheers to Yuengling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. FBarber

FBarber Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,161) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hoping IN sees some of the Golden Pilsner so I can grab a six-pack over the summer to try.

Jason likes this.
  4. AccipiterofBeer

AccipiterofBeer Maven (1,469) Nov 28, 2016 New York

It's a solid, cheap lager. Only a shy step above typical AALs (imo, reviewers seem to disagree), but certainly worth a try.

5. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,776) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut

I rather enjoyed this beer.

I don't know why in the commerical they are drinking cans at a bar and bottles at the beach, though.

Bitterbill and AlcahueteJ like this.
  6. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

Be thankful there are no limes in those bottles.:stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

pjeagles, Squire, dcotom and 3 others like this.
  7. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Grand Pooh-Bah (3,088) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

If you drop a bottle at the beach it won't break.

GpompsMadomps, dcotom and PatrickCT like this.
  8. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,776) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut

True. However, I don't know of a beach that allows glass.

FBarber and AlcahueteJ like this.
  9. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,772) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'd love to support the now 190 year old brewery. Me and a fellow Yuengling lover friend of mine used to buy a casc of Traditional online every year but that dried up, sadly.

What I said above does not mean that I want to trade for some. Nipped it in the bud ,I just did. :wink:

10. Giantspace

Giantspace Pooh-Bah (2,879) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

A decent beer but at $18-21 a case its a pass after buying some last year.Rather a Hamms.

When I found out Yuengling supported our current President I swore off their beers.

Enjoy

beatlefan56, JimKal and NodEast like this.
  11. RobHB

RobHB Zealot (562) Aug 20, 2017 New Jersey

Still not over the fact that this mediocre pilsner replaced a very good Hefeweizen (Summer Wheat).

12. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

You didn't buy enough?

Also Summer Wheat was a seasonal while the Golden Pilsner is year-round.

Cheers!

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  13. RobHB

RobHB Zealot (562) Aug 20, 2017 New Jersey

I dont know that I could have bought more Summer Wheat, it was my go to in the Summer

14. anfield86

anfield86 Pooh-Bah (2,594) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not a fan, personally. It's almost like it wants to be a pre-prohibition pilsner type thing but doesn't get enough hop or corn flavor in there to make it as such. For me it reminded me of an expired German pilsner. Sweet bready malt flavor, muted hop flavor. That's just me though, I'll have to give it another go this summer to see how if my flavor preferences have changed at all.

15. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

As I understand the strategy for formulating this beer they wanted something that fits within the "refeshment category" (or as other breweries have described via "easy drinking"). In my opinion Yuengling achieved here. I can understand that BAs may desire something moar here; those beer drinkers would likely 'better' enjoy a beer like Sly Fox Pikeland Pils.

Cheers!

anfield86 and drtth like this.
  16. anfield86

anfield86 Pooh-Bah (2,594) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah I agree that it's an accessible beer. I wouldn't turn one down if offered one but it just definitely wouldn't be what I reached for when craving a pilsner beer. Especially with all of the terrific options these days. Cheers.

17. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

I fully understand.

I drink waaaay more Pilsners that differ from Yuengling Golden Pilsner (mostly my homebrewed Pilsners - Bohemian Pilsner, 1896 Michelob, Classic American Pilsner) but also some commericially brewed Pilsners as well (lately Root Down Pils has been my favorite year-round product).

I appreciate Yuengling Golden Pilsner for what it is and enjoy it from time to time (mostly draft over the past couple of months).

Cheers!

anfield86 and JimKal like this.
  18. MoreBeer4me

MoreBeer4me Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 New Jersey

Good Pilsner IMO. And at $6.99 for a sixer of tall boys, a decent deal. I enjoy their Lager more, but have been picking up the Pilsner to put into my rotation of easy-drinking lower ABV beers. You can't drink heavy potent brews all day long. Well...maybe some can.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  19. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

And that is indeed an important contextual aspect as well.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.