Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Italy Zwanze Day at Ma Che - Italy

Discussion in 'Europe' started by brabuse430, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brabuse430

brabuse430 Jul 24, 2009 California

So I will be in Rome during Zwanze day... Iwas wondering what I should expect? Is it pretty crowded? From what I have noticed, it looks like they will be serving Zwanze at around 9pm... is that true?

Thanks and Cheers,
    Andy

2. Cozzatoad

Cozzatoad Feb 2, 2011 Italy

That's the news link on their site.
    http://football-pub.com/it/news-topmenu-19/239-zwanze-day-1-dicembre
    It's a pretty shabby announcement, here's translation: Only one keg, only one occasion. Who gets in first gets it. Simoltaneously with other 34 pubs throughout the world. Keg will be opened at 9.00PM.
    There's no mention of reservations, and yes it's gonna be crowded. My suggestion is to get in earlier and have your dinner while waiting for Zwanze time, when you arrive just make sure to mention that you are in for zwanze.

brabuse430 likes this.
  3. brabuse430

Yea, I saw that too... so generic. I am staying in Trastavere, so 9pm shouldnt be so bad, since i will have to get dinner anyways.

4. miamichael2

miamichael2 Dec 2, 2009 Florida
    Beer Trader

It's a tiny bar, have to imagine it will be packed.

Across the street is their sister restaurant, Bir e Fud...killer beer selection, equally killer food...would be a good dinner spot that evening!

brabuse430 likes this.
  5. Seanniek91

Seanniek91 Jul 1, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Hey I'll be there too (bearing any unforeseen circumstances). Let's grab a beer hopefully. I can't imagine there will be too many Americans there.

brabuse430 likes this.
  6. brabuse430

Still not sure if I am going to brave the crowds. I am also going to Cantillon a week after, and I am assuming they will have bottles available for on-site consumption. I will let you know though!

7. Seanniek91

Seanniek91 Jul 1, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Sounds good!

8. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Feb 24, 2011 Wyoming

I would have suggested Bir e Fud as well. Oops I just noticed they did not carry it this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe