Zwanze Day Louisville 2013

Discussion in 'South' started by fritts211, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

Zwanze day has been announced for The Holy Grale in Louisville on September 14th! So, I thought I'd start this little thread to discuss our hopes and fears, and if anyone can lend some information about how last year went down. Tickets? Lines? Bottles for sale, bottles to bring? First year in Louisville, Chicago was a bit insane last year, hoping it will be much tamer.

So, my fellow Zwanze goers, who's excited to drink enough to make Don Draper blush? Who's going? What will you be wearing? I don't want to accidentally match your outfit :flushed:.

Cheers.

2. wsnich

wsnich Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2010 Texas

Looks like I'll be flying home to visit family and attend Zwanze at Holy Grale instead of going to Jester King or Avenue Pub.

How crazy is Zwanze at Holy Grale, generally?

fritts211 likes this.
  3. jjjones

jjjones Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2011 Kentucky

Never been but looking forward to this, then heading over to monkey wrench for the Kentucky Kickdown vintage motorcycle show.

fritts211 and tronto like this.
  4. tronto

tronto Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2010 Kentucky

It wasn't too crazy last year. Def have to get there a lil early and wait in line for a bit, but once youre in, it flows well and tyler and Lori always put some great special beers on tap.

wsnich and fritts211 like this.
  5. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2011 Kentucky

Its like beer Christmas.

ADTaber and antzman like this.
  6. Luckytiki

Luckytiki Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2010 Indiana

Being that it's only a couple weeks away I thought I would dig this up.

Never been to one of these, thinking about driving down from Indy for this, but I saw that it's 125 tickets first come first serve. Let's say I don't get one of those tickets... what am I missing out on and would it still be worth it to come down?

7. johnking82

johnking82 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2010 Kentucky

I didn't get tickets and a majority of the beers were still left over when I arrived at 6pm last year.

8. ig88b

ig88b Crusader (458) Jun 18, 2009 Missouri
    Trader

I'll be driving down from Kansas City!

9. ig88b

ig88b Crusader (458) Jun 18, 2009 Missouri
    Trader

If anyone wants anything from Missouri, or wants to arrange a trade, let me know.

10. cfaulman

cfaulman Initiate (0) May 1, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Same with Louisiana. I should be at Zwanze as well as the Bo and Luke party.

11. phisigben

phisigben Zealot (710) Jan 8, 2009 Kentucky
    Trader

When are people lining up? Or in the past when did people start lining up, I love the fact I live 2 blocks away.

12. tronto

I think people started lining up around 10 am last year. Unfortunately I have some obligations that a.m. and can't get there til around 2.

13. johnking82

johnking82 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2010 Kentucky

I just plan on closing it down on Friday night and sleeping in the bushes outside.

ADTaber likes this.
  14. Jkoeneman

Jkoeneman Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2010 Indiana

Those of you that have attended before, are the drafts cash only or is it just the Zwanze glass?

15. Gameover170

Gameover170 Zealot (582) Feb 8, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

This is a question I had as well. I'm just gonna bring enough cash regardless I guess

16. tronto

the main bar you can run a tab, but outside bar and the tickets I think were cash last year.

17. Gameover170

Gameover170 Zealot (582) Feb 8, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

18. CBlake

CBlake Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2011 Ohio

100 in line?

19. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.