Prepare thyselves! The 17th annual Extreme Beer Fest® cometh back to Boston on January 31 and February 1, 2020! Join us for the ultimate throwdown of creative brewing, as we celebrate brewers who push the boundaries of brewing and raise a fist at the norm. Hosted by BeerAdvocate, presented by Dogfish Head, sponsored by the Brewers Association, Hop Head Farms, and Eastern Standard Provisions, and held at The Cyclorama.
What's new in 2020?
- We're going old-school! We're returning to The Cyclorama, where our fests started in 2003.
- Limited to 725 (vs. 4,000 in 2019) ticketed attendees per session.
- Faster entry and a more intimate experience.
- Based on feedback, Early Access has replaced VIP; price reduced.
- General ticket prices have increased to compensate for higher operational costs.
- Purchases are limited to four tickets per session, per order.
- Check out the Info and FAQ for more.
Tickets are sold out. Thanks for your support!
All attendees must be 21+ with a valid ID. No kids, no pets, no exceptions. Refund requests are allowed up to 30 days before the fest. After that, all sales are final. No refunds. No session swapping.
General | $75
Limited to 625 tickets per session.
- Access to one session
- All beer samples
- Tasting cup and printed fest guide, while supplies last
Extreme beer is all about pushing the boundaries of brewing through creativity, innovation, and finesse. A limited number of attendees will get a rare chance to try an uncompromising lineup from over 30 brewers, who've also been challenged to debut an extreme beer at the fest and/or bring at least one extreme beer that's 5 percent alcohol by volume or under.
Brewers: 32 | Beers: 132
This is the initial lineup of confirmed brewers (so far). The beer lineup will be posted closer to the fest. Check back often for updates.
District of Columbia
Saint Louis, Missouri
Saratoga Springs, New York
- Rolly Jancher Sour (Cherry, Grape, Watermelon, and Green Apple)
Wild Ale | 5.00%
- Taproom Series #17 - In the Weeds
IPA - New England | 7.75%
- Totes McGoates White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookie Stout
Stout - American Imperial | 12.50%
- Warheads Extreme Sour
Wild Ale | 5.00%
Carlstadt, New Jersey
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
Fruit and Field Beer | 9.20%
- Coconut Super Stout (Hazelnut Edition)
Stout - American Imperial | 11.10%
- Golden Cluster
Wild Ale | 9.60%
- Honey Mate Lager
Herb and Spice Beer | 5.40%
- Lavender Fizz
Herb and Spice Beer | 6.10%
- Rum Barrel Tomfoolery
Wheat Beer - Wheatwine | 15.50%
- So Cal Pilsner
Lager - European Pale | 5.50%
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cheesecake Fudgy Wuzzy Slippers
Stout - American Imperial | 10.50%
- J.R.E.A.M. - Double Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Sour - Berliner Weisse | 7.00%
- J.R.E.A.M. - Painkiller
Sour - Berliner Weisse | 4.80%
- J.R.E.A.M. - Raspberry Cheesecake
Sour - Berliner Weisse | 4.80%
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
South Glens Falls, New York
- American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA
IPA - New England | 7.00%
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged World Wide Stout
Stout - American Imperial | 18.30%
- Festina Lente
Wild Ale | 6.00%
- Knuckles, Bats & Homemade Tats
Wild Ale | 6.40%
- Prost & Toast
Lager - American Amber / Red | 5.00%
- Raison D'Extra
Strong Ale - Belgian Dark | 15.00%
- SeaQuench Ale
Sour - Gose | 4.90%
- Vibrant P'ocean
Fruit and Field Beer | 4.70%
Ocean, New Jersey
- A Night to End All Dawns: Banana, Peanut Butter, & Granola
Stout - American Imperial | 12.40%
- Barrel-Aged French Toast Stout
Stout - American Imperial | 12.30%
- Barrel-Aged German Chocolate Cake Stout
Stout - American Imperial | 12.00%
- Saturday Night Lights - Barrel-Aged
Stout - American Imperial | 12.20%
Avon, New York
Newburgh, New York
- ///Fear.Movie.Lions w/ Passion Fruit, Orange & Guava
IPA - Imperial | 8.50%
- Buenaveza Salt & Lime Lager
Lager - American | 4.70%
- Jägermeister Arrogant Bastard Ale
Strong Ale - American | 8.50%
- Liberty Station Wazzle Barrel-Aged Sour
Wild Ale | 9.20%
San Marcos, California
Endicott, New York
- All beers are subject to change and availability.
- Pours are 2-ounces (or less). Please consume with respect.
- Pace yourself, and find out what the ABV of a beer is before you consume. Drink for flavor, not just for impact.
- Please be advised that some of the beers poured at the fest may contain allergens. Ask before you drink.
Buy some tasty eats from our friends...
- JaJu Pierogi: Polish pierogi made from scratch in Lynn, Mass.
- KO Pies: Authentic Australian-inspired food (hand pies) from East Boston, Mass.
- Waffle Cabin: Some of the best damn waffles (Gaufres de Liege) in the world. Period.
...you'll thank us later.
Held at the The Cyclorama
Session #1 (January 31, 6-9:30pm)
Session #2 (February 1, 12-3:30pm)
Session #3 (February 1, 6-9:30pm)
21+ w/ valid ID only
If you're looking for free entry, look elsewhere
Processing begins before doors
No coat check
No outside food or beverages
Last call is 15 mins before the end
Interested in sponsoring? Email Ben Caplin, National Sales Manager.
How can you tell if a beer is made by a U.S. craft brewer? Seek the independent craft brewer seal, because independence matters.
Hop Head Farms is a Midwest grower, processor and marketer of high quality aroma and traditional hop varieties. (Industry Sponsor)
We only extend invites to independent craft brewers, whose attendance is required to ensure the highest level of representation and education for our attendees. And, as always, we pay for their beer and waive booth fees. We've spent millions of dollars to help support independent beer. Learn more...