The Dude's Rug

Fall
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
The Dude's RugThe Dude's Rug
Notes:
Reviews: 6 | Ratings: 21 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.68/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured Ambery light red/brown. Clear. No head. Not much carbonation
Smell Honey cinnamon
Taste...this is a good Cider. It is not a mead. It is a cider. And a good cider at that. Many ciders are overly sweet. This one was not. While cinnamon a bit heavy you can also taste clove hint of apple. All in all good taste. When I say it could be a little lighter with cinnamon, it is not completely overdone like many "spiced ciders". Instead it is fairly well balanced just a little much for something that is trying (and close to succeding) to be delicate.
Feel is crisp clean refreshing
Overall a good spiced cider. Nice gentle taste. Only issue was price keeping this from being on more frequent rotation.

3.26/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Fine for a cider, the spice is a bit of an odd juxtaposition with the apple flavor, the chai is a bit heavy, the cardamom as well, but it ends up just fine

2.3/5  rDev -36.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2

Poured an amber color with no head. Smelled sweet, almost like Coca-Cola. The drink itself was overly sweet, tasted like apple juice mixed with old pumpkin pie spice. I did not get chai at all, just cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.

I ended up pouring it down the drain after a few sips. I don't drink ciders often, but do like them now and again, but this was, to my palate, undrinkable.

4.81/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is a very flavorful beer/mead that really brought a smile to my face. The color is golden red (if there is such a thing) and the combination of sweet and spice was unbelievably refreshing. Our son has been telling us about B-Nektar and about The Dude's Rug and we were not disappointed. This ranks as one of my most "pleasant surprises" in my sojourns around Michigan. May not be for the pure beer man/person, but I would highly recommend giving it a try.

3.5/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

02/29/16
Dark brown. No head. Tea, honey lemon. Cardamom. Anise. No fizz.
Very Mellow. Not too sweet like so many Meads.
My 2nd favorite to "Kill All the Golfers"

3.3/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I'm not sure why this, but not other meads, ciders, etc., aren't available to rate on here.

This "thing" follows up identically with what it promises.

Black tea, chai spices, apple, and essence of an aging, laid back, take it easy man sort of urban hippie.

A touch of well worn rug truly is with this one.

The Dude's Rug from B. Nektar