Sixpoint is my favorite brewery (appreciation thread)

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by tkdchampxi, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkdchampxi

tkdchampxi Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2010 New Jersey

I have no affiliation to Sixpoint, but I am ready to label myself a Sixpoint Advocate.

Aside from the fact that they make great beer (which is still the No.1 most important thing a brewery should be doing), I love the fact that:

1. Sixpoint has a consistent dialogue with its consumer base. Just look at the myriad @Sixpoint posts and replies on BA, and how many consumer suggestions have actually been noted and implemented!

2. Sixpoint cares about its price point. I cannot believe how cool Sixpoint has been on this other thread about addressing consumer concerns that Sixpoint Brews are being sold at marked up prices.

3. Sixpoint cares about freshness. Sixpoint has a whole section of their webpage dedicated to reporting expired beer. As a BA, there's nothing I hate more than knowing that a great beer is way past its prime, but the store won't get any more in until someone buys the expired product on the shelf. Imagine if breweries like Firestone Walker did this - we could all stop complaining about stale IPAs on every shelf.

4. Sixpoint embraces technology. Sixpoint not only has a great, up-to-date, and informative website, it even has a mobile BeerFinder App. I know other breweries do this, but few have android and iphone apps, and I don't know any other brewery with such a dedicated twitter, facebook, and BeerAdvocate presence.

5. Sixpoint does not rest on its laurels. All of the previous qualities mentioned in this list point to one thing: Sixpoint is going to keep getting better. Unlike many breweries that are simply satisfied with doing well what they are already doing well, I firmly believe that Sixpoint wants to keep getting better and has a plan to do it. I'm sure the aforementioned strengths are just a sample of the tools that Sixpoint is employing to achieve its goal.

Seriously, I wish every brewery could be like Sixpoint. In the meantime, I think I'll just enjoy one of those new 12oz. Bengalis. Delicious.

2. turbotime

turbotime Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2014 Connecticut

Agreed. The open dialogue between consumers and SixPoint, coupled with their attitude and vision is setting them down the path of creating an army of raving fans.
    (if anyone who has a business or works in retail/sales hasn't read the book Raving Fans... I suggest you do so. It may change the way you interact with your consumers.)

3. dedbeer

dedbeer Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Illinois

Great post and I love me some Sixpoint. But just so you know Firestone Walker does have a freshness reporter on their website.

4. tkdchampxi

Noted

5. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Texas

Now what's your least favorite brewery, and five reasons why.

6. Beer4B

Beer4B Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Florida

There's plenty of threads in this regard...let's keep this a positive review thread for once.

7. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Texas

What's your favorite, and why?

8. Beer4B

Beer4B Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Florida

I don't have a favorite at this point. I love my local-ish Cigar City and have also had favorable experiences with Sixpoint. Aside from that, I have no other reasons for liking 1 brewery better than another - except in taste of their beers.

tkdchampxi and SCW like this.
  9. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 California

Alpine

1.nelson
    2.duet
    3.pure hoppiness
    4. Crazy hazel
    5. Hoppy birthday

I know this thread is not supposed to be about just my favorite beers from the brewery but since the only thing to like about Alpine is their beer I'm going with it because in comparison to sixpoint the only thing Alpine offers from the 5 things he mentioned is a list price point on their beer

chipawayboy, BeerGreg and swolepeer like this.
  10. azorie

azorie Pooh-Bah (2,409) Mar 18, 2006 Florida
    Pooh-Bah

They say we get them here, never had 1. They in bottles or cans ? about to re hit Total wine. your 5 points never mention they taste good. btw, ,lol

11. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Zealot (739) Sep 25, 2010 Vermont

I'd have to disagree...

1. Sixpoint has a consistent dialogue with its consumer base.
    Its not hard for a company to pay someone to post on social media.

2. Sixpoint cares about its price point.
    A 10$ 4pk of the Crisp?

3. Sixpoint cares about freshness.
    They put a best by date thats a year out from production.

4. Sixpoint embraces technology.
    Moot, see #1

5. Sixpoint does not rest on its laurels.
    Again moot, since they don't make particularly good beer and lie to consumers on every can, I'm just not getting your point.

12. tkdchampxi

Sure I do. I say it before I even get to the list... "Aside from the fact that they make great beer (which is still the No.1 most important thing a brewery should be doing)"

azorie likes this.
  13. azorie

Pooh-Bah

yea its just not a point is all :grinning:, besides I was just messing with yea. It seems my total wine does not carry them, but a local store does. I will have to get some today.

yea you needed 6 points about your six points. lol

its what I get for drinking and posting.:grinning::grimacing::wink:

tkdchampxi likes this.
  14. dannon71

dannon71 Devotee (396) Jun 19, 2005 Florida

Why not deliver six points vs. five reasons? :wink:

15. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

Let's discuss this in Five Points

[​IMG]

16. AAlchemist

AAlchemist Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2012 Arizona

Beat me to it! :grinning:

dannon71 and azorie like this.
  17. tkdchampxi

Yea. I'm an idiot.

JG-90 and dannon71 like this.
  18. azorie

Pooh-Bah

funny thing the place Grassroots, were its sold here, its on 5 points, well its park street but its like right there.

SCW and digita7693 like this.
  19. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Grand Pooh-Bah (3,088) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

While this is certainly positive, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Firestone, Nightshift, Jack's Abby.....etc. all post here on BA. Even Sam Calgione posts occasionally. Again, a positive aspect of their brewery but nothing ground breaking.

If they had a "canned on" date I'd be more impressed. Their best by dates are also well past what most breweries use.

In the same vein as my response to point #1, this is nothing new, and multiple breweries have implemented this.

You're right, which is why they're replacing their Apollo (now draft only) with a Radler. This is fine, it's a move to make more money. But as a BEER lover, I can't get behind replacing your German hefeweizen with a lemonade beer.

I'm not trying to bash Sixpoint with this reply either. I like them, I simply didn't feel any of these reasons really separates them from the Sierra Nevadas, Lagunitas, and Firestones of the beer world.

#19 AlcahueteJ, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  20. BH712

BH712 Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2014 District of Columbia

Then why is Sixpoint the only brewery (that I've seen, anyway) with an active BA account? I know FW does a great job on Facebook, and I'm sure many others do as well, but it doesn't make sense more breweries don't use BA as a platform for customer interaction.

BriantheBeerGeek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.