Favorite or Classic BA personalities

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JoeAmerican77, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMS1512

JMS1512 Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2013 New Jersey

Wait... I'm that guy! AHHHHHH. Only joking. But yes, someday, I want to be that guy.

2. MrDave

MrDave Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2013 California

I'm only in my thirties as well, but this weird senior-therefore-better opinion happens at all ages. It'd be like if I told a 25 year old BA guy "Sculpin's not that great. Believe me, I've been drinking beer since you were watching Power Rangers."

3. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Savant (1,191) Jan 13, 2006 New Mexico

Apparently that's me.

yemenmocha likes this.
  4. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Savant (1,191) Jan 13, 2006 New Mexico

How about the "Dares to disagree with the reviews" guy. I'm him. I got slammed once for disliking a top rated beer-someone asked if I really thought my palate was that much better than the thousands of people who loved a particular beer.

5. carteravebrew

carteravebrew Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2010 Colorado

I know I'm in the minority on this one...well, maybe not so much, but I'm one of the few who speaks against it.

"If you're drinking craft beer with the intention of getting buzzed, it's a waste of good beer, and you should just buy cheap vodka instead."

Hey genius, I don't like cheap vodka. I can afford to spend a little more money on good beer instead, which I like the taste of (and prefer the buzz from beer much more than the buzz from liquor, or wine for that matter). So it's the best of both worlds...I can still appreciate the taste of good beer while getting a buzz on. It's called multi-tasking.

6. MNAle

MNAle Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota

The "ethanol is ethanol" BA, and
    The "beer ethanol is different" BA

mlhyatt likes this.
  7. BRClemons

BRClemons Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2012 Minnesota

Haven't seen this one yet Zombie Thread BA: Posts "did this get done yet?" to an IP Trade from 2012 involving a bottle that he is looking for.

zookerman182 and mlhyatt like this.
  8. MarshMan71

MarshMan71 Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2012 Illinois

....The Reads These Forums and Laughs his Ass Off Guy .....
    OMG I'm Crying over Here ... this is some funny Shit !

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  9. spicoli00

spicoli00 Pooh-Bah (2,231) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

those are the kids' toys :wink:

10. spicoli00

Pooh-Bah Society

Related to the DrainpourBA, takes one sip of a beer, and fuck it, drain pours. this website should change its motto from "Respect Beer" to "Just Drink Through It."

11. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Pundit (890) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

There's a Wu-Tang Clan thing?

12. Pzellot

Pzellot Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2012 California

I did not read through all 11 pages so forgive me if already mentioned. I have skimmed through them over the last few days though.

The "California has over rated beer" BA who would probably turn into the "I just shit myself during my trip to California cause the beer and scene was awesome" BA. These California hating BAs may be a subsection of the "Homer" BA.

13. spicoli00

Pooh-Bah Society

what has been seen cannot be unseen. i look like i'm wearing a black track suit when i'm naked. nobody wants to see that.

14. lester619

lester619 Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2009 Wisconsin

This thread is awesome. I have to vote for the guy who overuses acronyms and makes their post indecipherable. I honestly think some of them are just made up. IMO LOL.

15. Jirin

Jirin Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Massachusetts

/topic guy

/topic

cjgiant and Hop-Droppen-Roll like this.
  16. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Well, I think it's more of a subset of those of us that just plain hate Cali.:grimacing::wink::stuck_out_tongue:

17. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Florida

The BA that uses the word "entitled" too liberally.

18. RicoBrew

RicoBrew Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2008 California

This might have been covered already, but the "I only said I hated X beer from X brewery so I could get a reply from the brewery and then immediately kiss their ass and brown nose said brewery once I receive personal attention from X brewer"

Example:

OP: "Every Enjoy By tastes worse than the previous one! I call BS on you Greg! You change up the recipe every time!"

GK: "Nope, we don't change it"

OP: "I love RuinTen! I bought a case of that last month! Can I crawl up and live inside of your small intestine?"

19. MrDave

MrDave Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2013 California

I nominate this thread as Best Thread of 2014.

20. markdrinksbeer

markdrinksbeer Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Massachusetts

The BA who constantly uses "price point" instead of just "price" or "cost".

"hey everyone, my local place just got 4 packs of Duff in, and the price point is $12.00. Is that high?"
    "I heard DingleBerry Brewery is going to be canning their imperial session ales. Anyone know what the price point will be?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.