Ruination 10th Radar

Discussion in 'New England' started by HopHound90, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scraff

scraff Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2003 Maryland

Cindy's off of Rt.1 in Elkridge. Think they had at least 7-8 bottles left this afternoon. Hope you score some!

2. RichardMNixon

RichardMNixon Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2012 Pennsylvania

Called State Line, this time they said they had one case and were taking names on a reserve list to distribute bottles 1/person.

3. mfunk9786

mfunk9786 Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2007 Pennsylvania

Hope you were able to snag a bottle.

4. beast464

beast464 Pundit (860) Apr 6, 2008 Maryland
    Trader

Staples Corner has a case with some of it left. Couldn't see how many, you have to ask. Limit 1. Fishpaws ran out Tuesday night.

5. imbrue001

imbrue001 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

Welp, don't bother checking Shawan. They sold their alloted 12 bottles yesterday. :slight_frown:

6. JeffTheJuice

JeffTheJuice Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 Pennsylvania

As far as I know, it's still not in Philly.

7. runner440

runner440 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Maryland

I got mine at Cindy's as well on Wednesday. Went back in there today and they were all gone :slight_frown:

8. jwat

jwat Maven (1,254) Jan 19, 2012 Pennsylvania

Origlio's still saying the first week or two in August...maybe that's when we'll get parabola too...

9. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That sucks, it will close to be outing of code by then.

10. BeerNomad

BeerNomad Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2004 Pennsylvania

Hello all,

As of right now, Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA should be in the the following markets and on the shelves (if there's any left):
    NEPA, State College, Central PA, NJ, MD, DE, DC & NoVa. It will land in the Lehigh Valley tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest for those near Allentown/Bethlehem and will start hitting shelves in Philly a week from tomorrow (7/30).

I noticed a few of you mentioning price gouging in MD. If any of you see that happening please let me know (beer mail is fine) and I will do my best to start sending it else where. Most of the stores who get beers like this get them for a few different reasons and not taking advantage of limited beers is one of them.

Lee Marren
    Stone Brewing Co.
    Mid Atlantic Rep
    @phillystone

mcslain, Holland, Hopnotch and 4 others like this.
  11. cryme

cryme Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2011 Delaware

Did only Northern DE bars/stores get IRS / Ruination 10th? I know Northern DE got kegs of IRS but I haven't seen bottles or kegs at all down in the south.

12. malvado78

malvado78 Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2009 New York

Picked up the last bottle on the shelf yesterday at Finger Lakes Beverage Center in Ithaca...

13. Jb1677

Jb1677 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 Maryland

Thanks for the heads up on Cindy's in MD; while Ruination was out it at least led me there to take a look. People are friendly, prices are great and selection is consistent with many places in MD. A place I will visit again for sure!

14. mfunk9786

mfunk9786 Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2007 Pennsylvania

Why so long to get to SEPA for such a freshness-reliant beer?

15. jimmy666

jimmy666 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2010 Maryland

The beer guy at Fishpaws told me to check their FB page on thursday in the afternoon. He said he might be getting a case and it would be first come first serve and 1 bottle per customer if it does come in. I might be able to get one after all!:slight_smile:

16. mwrecording

mwrecording Crusader (481) Nov 14, 2009 Maryland

Almost all Stone beers get to our area already 'aged' a month courtesy of their distribution system.
    It is quite ironic that a brewery pretty reliant on hoppy, fresh IPA's does this to us East Coasters but whatever.

I'd get Stone MUCH more often if cases of their IPA's didn't show up to my shop a month and a half old.

17. Steeeve

Steeeve Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2010 Pennsylvania

And I bet people get pissed at you for selling 2 month old Stone bottles. Don't you love the service industry?

18. mwrecording

mwrecording Crusader (481) Nov 14, 2009 Maryland

I miss most of that stuff, I just let it sit since its not "MY" store and they send it to us with a month or so before the 'best by'...the shop I work at is a relatively small store with a solid but not special beer selection...there are people buying(and LOVING) Ruination from January still...so Godspeed to them. Only a few look at the day and pick up something else.

19. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I have seen cases delivered that were already out of code. I love Stone and their diligence on bottle dating but something is really wrong when brand new cases of IPA are being delivered that are already out of code. Not sure who is to blame for this.

20. notjustgc

notjustgc Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2008 New Jersey

Honestly, I was able to snag a bottle at the end of June and it was barely fresh enough to taste like anything remotely special at that point... The second bottle I tasted more recently just wasn't even worth the trouble. It's a shame how many thousands of pounds of good hops get wasted producing bottles of huge IPAs that are doomed to go fully mediocre in transit before ever hitting someone's glass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.