Bullfrog Grrrz Release

Discussion in 'New England' started by Avalon68, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

So will all you guys that feel slighted not be at the next two releases or will we just see set pre-trades up for whales?

basickness, GeoffreyM, stakem and 2 others like this.
  2. Tbub18

Tbub18 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 New York

The message is a little different from the one I received earlier in the week on Facebook from Bullfrog, when I inquired about the scathing reviews (worth noting that COP reviews are bad not just on BA but Untappd and basically everywhere else where people have reviewed this beer)--see below:

There will be some action taken. Trying to make some sense of it all now. I'm not sure what would've happened to this beer, as it used to be quite drinkable and delicious, by my opinion. It may be in part from using kiwiberries, which most probably are unaware as to the flavor they impart on a beer. Due to the lower number of total bottles available, we really didn't taste it regularly the last couple of years leading up to the release. I wish we would've now.

I appreciated ^ response a bit more than the one provided but hey, its just beer after all right?

3. callmemickey

callmemickey Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania

I wish all of you shat on your own local beers as much as you are taking shots at Bullfrog here. There is a lot of bad beer out there. I got over it a decade ago.

paulys55, GeoffreyM, BMitch and 4 others like this.
  4. JGam115

JGam115 Pundit (965) Apr 8, 2013 New York
    Trader

Reads like a pretty good explanation to me. The brew was tasted over it's life cycle. They deemed it worthy and decided to release it at a price 17% less than before (yeah I know, doesn't seem like much but whatever). It wasn't forced upon anyone buying it.

It sucks that the beer....well, sucks. Now I'm oddly looking forward to open my bottle.

darehulk112 and Iamjeff6 like this.
  5. darehulk112

darehulk112 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2012 New Jersey

Can't wait for the next release that Steve said will be hopefully in August.

6. SpeedwayJim

SpeedwayJim Pooh-Bah (2,753) Jun 19, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This... a million, billion, trillion times over. If you're gonna keep buying the beer, hyping it up, and trying to trade it, then STFU.

7. jstngjohnson

jstngjohnson Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2014 Virginia

Any news on the August release?

8. digdug1810

digdug1810 Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey

^ read below: "hopefully"

I heard it would be before summer was over, that's about all I've heard. Hopefully it's not when Kane determines ANTEAD is to be released. No bueno if both are same day

9. jeevo

jeevo Pundit (952) Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I still haven't heard / received anything for the Pub Club Membership that I signed up for on the Friday of the last release. :slight_frown:

4ruedebuci likes this.
  10. bvdubn

bvdubn Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2011 Pennsylvania

They don't send out emails until there is an update. I don't believe that I received a single email between the batch 1 Grrrz release and the email with the details of the most recent release.

Long story short... you haven't missed any communication.

11. jeevo

Trader

Do you receive any type of verification that you are indeed a Pub Club Member? I signed up and paid the $150 fee, but haven't gotten anything, either through electronic or physical mail that says I am in the club. The woman I talked to when I signed up said that I would receive a card in the mail.

12. bvdubn

bvdubn Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2011 Pennsylvania

I don't remember if I received any notifications when I joined the club.

13. Lucular

Lucular Grand Pooh-Bah (3,943) Jun 20, 2014 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Has anyone heard anything about the next Grrrz release?

14. brother_rebus

brother_rebus Pooh-Bah (2,438) Jul 28, 2014 Maine
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

15. Brogen13

Brogen13 Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Does anyone know what they are releasing next? Not sure if this was buried somewhere in the thread

16. ShanePB

ShanePB Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

Not sure, but I just had a bottle of the Grrrz Blueberry yesterday and it's really damn good. More sour than previous Grrrz bottles that I remember. Looking forward to the release...

17. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Grand Pooh-Bah (5,512) Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I had heard Grrrz, Grrrz Plum, and Grrrz Melange, but I have no idea if this is true or not, so take it with a grain of salt.

18. ShanePB

ShanePB Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

I'd imagine Grrrz Blueberry too as it's already packaged and labeled; was fortunate to be able to try a bottle of it yesterday:
    [​IMG]

Lucular, GreesyFizeek and jeevo like this.
  19. jeevo

Trader

Out of curiosity, how were you able to try this?

And to anyone out there, maybe @Avalon68 , is there definitely going to be another Grrrz release this year? I remember reading in this thread that a mention of a possible late summer release, but I haven't seen anything from Bullfrog. This is wishful thinking on my part, but I wouldn't mind a day of release announcement for the next Grrrz set.

20. Beerisheaven

Beerisheaven Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2007 Pennsylvania

I think he knows people who know people would be my guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.