Bottle Logic Brewing Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Rollzroyce21, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

Clearly another case of him being a victim.. or maybe just because regardless of how many times they told him to curb it, he kept on being himself and pressing the buttons to get a reaction by pointing out that the mods would have to clean up a thread after he shat all over it with his venting.

munche, dcbullet and Original_Fake like this.
  2. weese

weese Devotee (303) Jun 16, 2014 California
    Trader

Got to try the Hazeshift fresh last night. Big fan. Definitely scratches that east coast itch for me (more MA than VT though).

3. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

How are some of these east coast style IPAs (HazeShift, NOBLEs Mass Confusion) compared to Monkish's IPA can releases? I've only had Monkish's and Stone's Enjoy By unfiltered versus most of the east coast IPAs.

4. cocoapuph

cocoapuph Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2011 California

"Vermont style" is what Alpine Nelson used to be. =)

5. SovereignGood

SovereignGood Pundit (824) Jan 11, 2016 California
    Trader

I think Tree House is the juiciest and seems more opaque than the others. Monkish is close in my opinion, but still not on the same level. Mass Confusion is good but I wouldn't really put it in the same category as yeast coast IPAs.

6. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

7. DaltonCastle

DaltonCastle Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2016 California

I wouldn't consider HazeShift a true East Coast style juice bomb. To me it is a slightly juicier version of Stone Enjoy By Unfiltered which is certainly not a bad thing :slight_smile:. It is the best IPA Bottle Logic has done by far although I hold judgement on that as I have not tried their new grapefruit IPA yet.

Rollzroyce21 and dcgunman like this.
  8. smithj2154

smithj2154 Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 California

Incredible! That's the combination to my luggage!

Been too long since I've seen that movie to know the exact quote. But well played nonetheless.

Rollzroyce21 and dddddddd like this.
  9. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Haven't had any BL ipa's in the last 8+ months. But my favorite would be Tangerine Dream they put out in small 5 gal batches. It's been awhile since their last TD.

10. Beerooster

Beerooster Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2015 California

Stopped by on Friday to try the HazeShift. This beer is indeed cloudy. I loved the flavors and balance this beer has. Another home run for BL. I liked it so much I took some from my growler over to my local bar/IPA hangout were all the the IPA snobs congregate. After everyone tried it they all wanted to know what it was and where it came from. A few didn't realize it was from me and we're trying to order a pints from the bartender.

11. Beerooster

Beerooster Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2015 California

Swung by again today to retry Jam the Radar. A little to sweet for my blood, but still enjoyed it. The service and atmosphere at this place is fantastic. You can tell the owners and staff care about the business. One of my favorite places to go.

bottlelogiclindsay likes this.
  12. Yabu

Yabu Savant (1,138) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I wanted to try jam the radar, but couldn't make it before the keg kicked. A sweet ba stout sounds lovely.

I'm looking forward to this Sunday, as well as the next several weeks for bottle logic. Good times ahead

13. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 California

I really enjoyed Ocularity. I wasn't a huge fan of Double Actuator, so I was a bit hesitant to try it. Only two IPA's I've had from BL.

dcgunman likes this.
  14. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 California

This. They're stuff keeps getting better too. I've always loved their stouts, but I'm happy to see them step up their IPA game. Glad it's one of the many options I have within a 25 mile radius.

15. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

That is not true, I actually talked to him at the bruery party, inside around 2-3 pm. Told him that he should cool it with his comments as there are a lot of sensitive people out there who get very offended by things. I based my comments off of what he post here, I can't confirm or deny any of his stories at other breweries.
    That IPL that bottle logic just released, maybe a month ago was fantastic.

16. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Pundit (821) Jul 27, 2015 California

Got to try Hazeshift during Memorial Day, if it's anything like other breweries are doing with juicy Northeast-style IPAs then I am into it.

17. Earlycsquid

He went to the bruery party but after attempting to be sly in going to Bottle Logic with his squad post anniversary party, the he was asked to leave and then got the cops called on him. When his echo room boys decided to go to bruery tasting room post drawing attention at BL, he was denied entrance to the tasting room because BL had called and relayed what had just happened.

So what you quoted was true. And it seems to me that the one who is the sensitive one is he himself. Otherwise if there was no hurt feelings involved and he truly didn't give a fuck, he'd have moved on and never spoke of any breweries who didn't want him around or attempt to start so much drama.

I mean, the heads here had given him several times to cool it and not keep pressing, yet he couldn't stop himself from just throwing jab after jab like a scorned ex who just keeps on trying to get back together in all the wrong ways.

18. elzacharino

elzacharino Devotee (305) Feb 26, 2014 Tennessee

Why are we even giving time to talk about this guy still? His antics were annoying, reading other people talking about his antics is doubly annoying......
    No offense, thanks. :grinning:

Raziel313, IceAce, j47paco and 5 others like this.
  19. Earlycsquid

No clue. I hated myself for even typing that but it seems like stupid misinformation that was quoted this late anyway seemed like a ploy to yet again skew the actual things that happened.

In any case, I popped open a bottle of Passionate Dragon again and it seems to be coming back around to tasting good again. This beer has the most swings I have had of any beers I have aged.

elzacharino likes this.
  20. ac24

ac24 Zealot (696) Nov 17, 2014 California
    Trader

He is over on the other site doing and saying the same things he was here, so if you guys miss him that much you can continue reading his annoying posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.