Kern River Brewing Co.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by aquazr1, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco_Gtz

Marco_Gtz Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2013 California

Their facebook post said So Cal, Cen & No Cal soon....so im hoping we see it up here too!

dcgunman and jakecattleco like this.
  2. walterfredo

walterfredo Savant (1,032) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

according to city beer store email that went out yesterday, KRBC will begin seeing distro in the Bay Area.

Marco_Gtz and dcgunman like this.
  3. Marticus

Marticus Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2016 California

Citra, Long Swim and Class X are still on tap.

Still

bnelson997 and dcgunman like this.
  4. krvb

krvb Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2015 California

New Think Tank should be out next week. Its a lot like what I did with #'s 3+4, but this time I used less Chinook, and more Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo and Summit. Lots of mango and resin. Hope you like it.

Also, more Long Swim in 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,

Shane

5. aquazr1

aquazr1 Maven (1,325) Jul 27, 2013 California

Please bottle the Long Swim. Will kegs of the Think Tank be making the rounds?

Desertdog100 and dcgunman like this.
  6. krvb

krvb Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2015 California

Unfortunately I don't think there are any plans to bottle Long Swim in the near future. Maybe after the canning line gets operational?

It's a larger batch of Think Tank than normal, so hopefully some of it will make it to Bakersfield.

7. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It would be so nice if Citra was on tap at the brewery any day of the year. Even if they only bottle it once or twice a year, to be able to drive to Kernville and have a glass or 2 of Citra along with their other killer beers. Hopefully they get the canning line in operation soon.
    Oh yeah...Hop Nookie is showing up in the north OC area this week. 11%!

8. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2013 California

Kern River bottles have arrived in SF. So far I've seen Hop Nookie, Sequoia Red, Gravity Check, Just Outstanding, Shuttle Bunny, and Isabella Blonde. Any suggestions on what I should buy?

jakecattleco likes this.
  9. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

10. Vivified

Vivified Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2014 California

JO

11. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 California

Anyone experience weirdness with Shuttle Bunny bottles? I grabbed one at WF that was just returned for whatever reason. Turned out to be an onion bomb. I usually don't get put off by onion hop traces in my beers, but this was fermented onion juice :slight_smile: Excited for my 3 bottles of Gravity Check though.

12. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Maven (1,373) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Just had one from the Central Coast over the weekend and it was fine though it wasn't the revelatory beer it usually is. Thinking it may have been an older bottle since the Central Coast has had distribution for awhile and they don't bottle date. Would be great if Kern could bottle date now that they have the expanded production and distribution.

jakecattleco, rhertan and ElijahSF like this.
  13. asong_net

asong_net Zealot (586) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

thinking of going up this thurs.. hows the food at krbc? if not there around the brewery?

14. Vivified

Vivified Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2014 California

The food is solid, standard pub fare, very tasty.

j47paco, dcgunman, asong_net and 2 others like this.
  15. aquazr1

To add to this, they have a different menu in The Backyard but it is currently only open Friday- Sunday.

16. KRBCEric

KRBCEric Crusader (455) Jan 6, 2009 California

We fired up our bottle coder a few weeks ago and it did not work. We are working with the company to get it operational...

17. schuey1010

schuey1010 Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2009 California

Once again @KRBCEric you guys rock. Looking forward to a visit soon.

18. walterfredo

walterfredo Savant (1,032) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

We just cracked a bottle and my wife immediately complained of a garlic smell/taste, so yeah somethings going on. It's always has a little of that onion/garlic thing going on but this is a bit much.

19. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Grand Pooh-Bah (4,878) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hop Nookie was divine!!! Can you send a little more down here to Orange County? Or do you want my address? :wink:

20. aquazr1

Seems Kyle Smith is no longer with KRBC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.