Your guilty pleasure beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Nhens0016, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polloenfuego

polloenfuego Pooh-Bah (2,322) Jan 26, 2013 Canada (NB)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Guilty pleasure "classy edition" would probably just about be any Allagash beer. I see most of their stuff and I will buy it. I just love it.

Guilty pleasure "WTF edition" would probably be Moosehead Pale Ale. It's what I grew up on, and it's still a go to when I go back to New Brunswick and just hang out with my buddies. Headed there next weekend actually...

FBarber, anfield86 and archiebunkerjr like this.
  2. Jay_P22

Jay_P22 Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2016 Virginia

When I hit the store and don't see anything new or exciting, I reach for some fresh squeezed IPA by Deschutes. It's just a great beer.

barrybeerdog, dcotom and Jkolls like this.
  3. Lazhal

Lazhal Pooh-Bah (1,866) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Bell's Oberon in the summertime. Just hits the spot!

4. seahawksandbassguitar

seahawksandbassguitar Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2016 Washington

Miller Lite and Shiner Bock.

singletary and ordybill like this.
  5. Invinciblejets

Invinciblejets Pooh-Bah (1,636) Sep 29, 2014 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Guezue tilquin and BOMB!
    Neither are cheap but they are some of my favorites and I can get them at my local store so it's hard to pass them up when I'm in the mood.

6. beerluvr

beerluvr Pooh-Bah (1,826) Jan 2, 2001 Canada (ON)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I've been known to enjoy a can of Faxe Extra Strong or 3 at times when my wallet is light and I want a nice beer buzz.

TongoRad likes this.
  7. fx20736

fx20736 Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2009 New York

Naragansett Summer Ale. If I see it I buy it, no matter what. From Memorial Day until Mid September I drink at least a case a week. Every sip is pure bliss

8. ordybill

ordybill Pooh-Bah (2,333) Jul 9, 2014 Georgia
    Pooh-Bah Society

When I am out fishing it is Natty Light. If I am on my back deck on a warm evening enjoying a cigar it is several Red Hare SPF50/50 and if I am up north on business I have to have a sixer of Narragansett tall boys in the fridge.

9. DrSchnitzengiggle

DrSchnitzengiggle Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2015 Illinois

Natural light. tastes like college. makes for a nostalgic experience

fx20736 likes this.
  10. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera Pundit (855) Feb 25, 2013 California

Pliny. I live in Northern California but still about 1.5 - 2 hours from Santa Rosa. Close enough that friends and coworkers make Pliny runs occasionally and I'll snag a few.

11. Realsambo

Realsambo Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2016 Texas

Busch, not a better beer out there to pound back while fishing. Anything else is too heavy, gotta stay nimble if you wanna outsmart the fish.

JuicesFlowing likes this.
  12. Tilley4

Tilley4 Pooh-Bah (2,667) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Abita Strawberry Lager in the spring. It's a must buy for me every year although others don't seem to share my enthusiasm for it

13. JratBones

JratBones Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2013 Massachusetts

Miller High Life bottles.

14. shawnp

shawnp Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota

Blue Moon on draft......yes, that.

JuicesFlowing likes this.
  15. BeantownBrews

BeantownBrews Zealot (632) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts

Jack's Abby - Mass Rising, I can't help but buy this every time I see it on the shelf. It doesn't matter if my fridge is full and need to make space or if I can't drink because I have an early morning the next day -I still buy it

fx20736 likes this.
  16. JuicesFlowing

JuicesFlowing Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2009 Kansas

I think you're missing the point of the thread, unless you usually drink liquid gold from the mouths of angels.

17. anfield86

anfield86 Pooh-Bah (2,594) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

the occasional malt liquor. Country Club comes to mind....used to have a soft spot for Olde English but he switch to plastic 40s ruined the homeless vibe.

As for cheap AALs, I'd say Schaefer. I would say Narragansett but I don't feel guilty about that:grinning:

#137 anfield86, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    fx20736 and JuicesFlowing like this.
  18. anfield86

anfield86 Pooh-Bah (2,594) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah I think some people are getting confused with "guilty for my checking account" vs. " guilty because I know I'm not supposed to enjoy this but I am"

(Mass Rising...really?!):wink:

TongoRad and JuicesFlowing like this.
  19. Riff

Riff Initiate (0) May 12, 2016 Virginia

Corona with lime. Lots of good memories of sitting around a backyard grill with friends happened with Corona in hand.

20. Harrison8

Harrison8 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,771) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I love me some Stag out in the woods. That could be because it was the first beer I "stooped" to drinking after drinking only craft for my first few months. The bottle is so much better than the can, but the gold cans are nice. They're easy to spot floating away from an overturned canoe, or trying to find which tree stump you sat your beer on.

Blue Moon and Pabst are another two. I rarely drink Blue Moon, but I'll happily drink it if it's given to me. And Pabst has a an "ewww, hipster bread beer", but I love that stuff. It's a little sugary, and tastes like beer. It's delicious to simmer brats in as well.

anfield86 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.