Casey Brewing and Blending

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by bcoyle, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shmee515

Shmee515 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2016 New York

Anybody know any bottle shops in Denver to find Saison and/or East Bank?

infectedstouts and hitter114 like this.
  2. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado

Saison and East Bank haven't been made or released in several months now. I would be very surprised if they were sitting around anywhere...

infectedstouts likes this.
  3. spoony

spoony Pooh-Bah (2,517) Aug 1, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

What he said, @Shmee515 but...if you're on the hunt, try Mr. B's, Small Batch Liquors, Grapevine, or Mile High Wine and Spirits. If you're wiling to make a drive, I have found Casey at Base Camp in Frisco after the Denver stores have run out.

4. ReadBeard

ReadBeard Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2015 Colorado

I don't remember seeing East Bank but last time I stopped at Sopris in Carbondale (a couple weeks ago) they had a ton of saison left.

5. Dan_Inreallife

Probably the Cascade Dry Hop Saison too since that was the biggest/most recent blend. It is fantastic too...

6. Shmee515

Shmee515 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2016 New York

Thanks all, super helpful.

7. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Last week I cracked a batch 1 Leaner with some friends and was surprised at how good it was. This was my 3rd experience with it and the first two were pretty underwhelming by Casey standards. This one was probably a top 5-7 bottle. I was indifferent about him making it again, but now I'm pretty psyched to grab my bottles.

8. pmoney

pmoney Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

I've had b1 Leaner 4 times, and fairly well spaced out from the time it was released until the most recent experience about 3 months ago. Every time I've had it it's been better and better.

The first two times I had it I thought the same thing - definitely not one of my top 5 Casey beers and maybe top 10. The third time it was significantly better. And the most recent time probably placed it in my top 3 Casey beers. I can't wait to open another bottle!

9. hitter114

hitter114 Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2011 Colorado

Yea, and if you want to drive a little further than that we still have Saison @ West Vail Liquor in Vail as well as a few fruit stands and Brett Loves Mosaic ( and maybe 1 Simcoe)

infectedstouts and spoony like this.
  10. infectedstouts

infectedstouts Devotee (356) Dec 7, 2015 California
    Trader

Has Troy ever sold large format bottles for at home consumption?

11. Dan_Inreallife

Not to the public, but members have been able to purchase magnums on a few very select occasions.

Rsqrd1 and infectedstouts like this.
  12. infectedstouts

infectedstouts Devotee (356) Dec 7, 2015 California
    Trader

Sweet thanks for letting me know.

13. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado

There were several raffles for magnums in late 2014, and several releases in 2015 where Magnums were sold to the public.

tacosandbeer and mewcow like this.
  14. Dan_Inreallife

Interesting, this is news to me and I was at around 70% of releases in 2015 and all but one release in 2014 (also a member). Either way, Casey mags are very few and far between, definitely none sold to the public within the last year.

15. clusterfolk

clusterfolk Devotee (353) Jun 20, 2014 Colorado

Trying to pick up a bottle or two before heading out of state for the holidays, and I won't have time to make it up to Glenwood. I'm based in Boulder and don't have a good grasp on Denver bottle shops -- any recs of places that may have some good bottles this week? Thanks

16. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

MIle High, Mr B's and Grapevine all have bottles of Casey right now

clusterfolk likes this.
  17. starrdogg

starrdogg Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2010 District of Columbia

What Casey beers are currently on shelves? I'll be in town on Friday and would love to grab some, but none of those stores are anywhere near where I'll be staying, so need to know it's worth my while!

18. Dan_Inreallife

It's Casey, it's worth your while. You won't find Cuts or CFPs, but you'll probably find some Stella Cherry FS, Brett Loves Simcoe, and a few others along those lines. If you're super concerned, call ahead.

Mike1512 likes this.
  19. Mike1512

Mike1512 Initiate (0) May 21, 2015 Colorado

The saisons at Mile High are tasting fantastic right now. I believe there is the regular and the cascade dry hopped versions as well as Brett loves Simcoe (extremely underrated) and one of the Cherry Fruitstands.

20. starrdogg

starrdogg Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2010 District of Columbia

Awesome, thanks guys! I've had the regular saison many times, so I guess all I was wondering is if it was just that or other stuff. This definitely sounds like it's worth my while!

Mike1512 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.