Jackie O's (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by zbodnar1, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Pooh-Bah (1,675) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah

I've had a great experience with calling the taproom and Getting an actual bottle count pretty cool I'd say

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  2. pest

pest Savant (1,027) Sep 2, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

The brewery is typically dog friendly, and the patio certainly is. I don't know if bringing a dog to a release day is a great idea though, the place could be packed. I've never seen dogs at the brewpub or public house before so I can't say about those locations.

3. Tifore

Tifore Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2010 Ohio

We brought our dog (seen here <---) to the last release at the brewpub / public house with no issues at all. Hung out on the patio and he got all kinds of attention. Also, like its been noted, the taproom is totally dog friendly, inside and out. Just keep your dog on a leash, make sure hes well behaved, and be vocal about it if you do not want your dog being pet or if your dog doesn't like being pet. You shouldn't have any issues.

4. penguinBOMB

penguinBOMB Zealot (512) Feb 26, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

What time are you planning on getting down?

5. Josbor11

Josbor11 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2013 Ohio

Thanks for the responses. Might opt to just leave them at home. Is appervation going to be available at both locations or just the taphouse?

6. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Pooh-Bah (2,472) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Both.

7. lftwng4

lftwng4 Crusader (497) Oct 12, 2007 Ohio

Did I see a bunch of bottles of a Jackie O's beer named NMF(Nelsonville Music Fest) last night at a beer store in Lima? I was kinda buzzed, but I swear I saw some, maybe it was a saison? Maybe $18/per? Not sure why I didn't pick one up, can't find anything on the net.

8. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hockhocking

VABA and Beer_Economicus like this.
  9. lftwng4

lftwng4 Crusader (497) Oct 12, 2007 Ohio

Seems vaguely familiar....

Thanks

10. CaptCleveland

CaptCleveland Maven (1,390) Jun 18, 2003 Ohio
    Trader

I know it's not feasible for every brewer or brewery to respond to questions, but damn it's nice that Brad gets on here and eliminates rumor and chaos with a few sentences. And the new mystic mama recipe is fantastic. Thanks on both accounts!

williamDbar, beace, JohnnyMc and 6 others like this.
  11. CannedWaggoneer

CannedWaggoneer Initiate (0) May 1, 2017 Ohio

That's the one. The front has a black circle with NMF in it and says Hockhocking below. Its a wine barrel saison. Really nice, delicate.

12. radio2525

radio2525 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

"
    Today we are releasing two new Saisons: Off The Beaten Path 1 & Off The Beaten Path 2. Both will be available at the Jackie O's Taproom & Brewery and at the Jackie O's Brewpub & Public House starting at 11am.

Off the Beaten Path 1 was inspired by the classic Saisons that exude balance, grace, and innocence. Fermented with traditional Saison yeast strains in stainless steel and bottled conditioned with our proprietary mixed Saison culture. OTBP 1 dances on the palate with light nuances of pome fruit, peppercorns, herbaceous undertones, and straw.

5.5%ABV $7.99/bottle (No limit)

Off the Beaten Path 2 was inspired by the resurgence of heirloom grains being harvested and malted. Riverbend Malt House out of North Carolina did just this with the rye varietal, Wrens Arbuzzi. Fermented in stainless steel and bottled conditioned with our proprietary mixed Saison culture. OTBP 2 showcases a bright tart character paired with notes of peppercorns, herbaceous spiciness, and fresh lemon zest.

5.5%ABV $10.99/bottle (No limit)"
    Two new sours also being released this week

JohnnyMc likes this.
  13. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

Two new sours?!?! Do tell :stuck_out_tongue:

14. beace

beace Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2007 California

Its the ones he listed above, not in addition to.

Keffa likes this.
  15. beace

beace Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2007 California

Off the Beaten Path 1 is not sour, over time it may develop a slight tartness and some brett character. The primary ferment was done with classic Saison strains and the bottle conditioning was done with our mixed culture. Not much for the funky organisms to consume, so their character is very subtle, very nice beer to say the least.

16. BigSpeen3436

BigSpeen3436 Pundit (803) Oct 23, 2013 Ohio

As of this exact moment, Weather.com is reporting a 100% chance of Thunderstorms in Athens, OH on Wednesday. Be sure to take extra caution when transporting your precious bottles after you pick them up!

17. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

Or just wait til the weekend when it is nice and calm, don't brave it. Us stormchasers are the only ones equipped to handle the weather.

CannedWaggoneer and radio2525 like this.
  18. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

In Soviet America, you don't handle weather. WEATHER HANDLES YOU.

19. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Grand Pooh-Bah (4,820) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah. I had OTBP at Brewdog a couple weeks ago and it was outstanding, but nowhere near sour.

20. CannedWaggoneer

CannedWaggoneer Initiate (0) May 1, 2017 Ohio

I didn't know they served beer at BrewDog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.