What beer are you drinking now? #1759

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by SawDog505, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawDog505

SawDog505 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,666) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

A hospital golf scramble tournament today, starting with some swing lube. Cheers[​IMG]

2. El_Brujo_de_A2

El_Brujo_de_A2 Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2016 Michigan

Hello everybuddddy

Time for some 'ohana business. This Big Swell IPA from Maui Brewing goes out to my brothers from different mothers @drunkenmess and ol' @bowzer4birdie . Cheers y'all.
    [​IMG]
    Piney goodness. Just the right amount of bite. Try some, I think you will like it!

*Tunes*

3. buckeye1275

buckeye1275 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Delaware

My last week off before back to school. Starting it off with a bang.

4. 911CROFT

911CROFT Maven (1,446) May 18, 2015 England
    Trader

Quick pop to the pub for lunch, Magic Rock: Highwire Grapefruit, with Coronation Chicken sandwich.

[​IMG]

5. CervezaNY

CervezaNY Pundit (814) Mar 24, 2016 New York

[​IMG]

I couldn't get the pics to post from my IPhone over the weekend, so here they are.
    Tasting flight at Garvies Point Brewery on the north shore of Long Island, Nassau County.
    The list follows below. Everything was excellent.

I'm not fan of sours, but their sour was excellent. Here's a description from their website:

"Sour Batch (Tiki) #1. A tart & juicy dry hopped kettle sour with over 120 lb's of pureed Pink Guava, Mangoes & Passion Fruit, added post fermentation for a pleasant and tropical experience. Kohatu hops were added in the whirlpool and Citra in the dry hop to compliment the tartness from the lactobacillus."
    [​IMG]

6. eppCOS

eppCOS Grand Pooh-Bah (4,236) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

A friend just rolled into town, visiting from CO, brought something with him... cheers to all the early-bird WBAYDNers...
    [​IMG]

7. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

8. VABA

Pooh-Bah Society

9. JouerAvecLeFeu

JouerAvecLeFeu Pooh-Bah (1,946) Apr 17, 2015 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

10. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Cheers you all! I was not feeling too well yesterday but today i have a huge appetite! Cheers!

[​IMG]

11. Prager62

Prager62 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,126) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

There's nowhere to go but up from here! This batch had issues and I held on to this long enough hoping for a miracle, but wound up with an expensive drain pour instead. One less bottle in the beer fridge!

On to something less pricey.....

Now this is more like it! Creamy smooth, loaded with dark chocolate and roast and a steal at $6.49 a bomber. Our very own @cavedave sent this in a past NBS/BIF and it's been in the beer fridge waiting for this beautiful Monday morning in August to be consumed. Cheers to the week ahead!

12. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,781) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Starting the day off with a Flat White from Mikkeller, an oatmeal stout brewed with coffee and lactose. Tastes like a smooth dark and roasty, fruity chocolatey coffee with watered down milk in it. Slightly creamy in taste but not reaching vanilla sweetness. Pretty nice complement to the oatmeal coffee stout and the morning. Cheers all!
    [​IMG]

13. Chipotle

Chipotle Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2017 New York

[​IMG]

Lunch with an Old Brown Dog.

14. larryi86

larryi86 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,106) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Last Monday of the summer, got to start early, cheers!
    [​IMG]
    @Lingenbrau

15. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Initiate (0) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Good morning, BAs! Still recovering from Saturday's indulgences. Didn't drink yesterday, but did go to Tired Hands to pick up their new hotness...
    [​IMG]
    Extra Vanilla Double Milkshake IPA - canned 8/10

16. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Initiate (0) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Oh, Delaware...you cruel mistress. We still have 2 more weeks up here before going back. Gotta savor every day of freedom we have left! #teacherlife

17. Prager62

Prager62 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,126) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

One more while I light the grill and water the patio planters. It's feeling warmer and more humid today after a week of below average temperatures along the southern shore. I'm starting to see some signs that summer is waning and not liking it one bit!:frowning2:

18. VABA

Pooh-Bah Society

This is becoming a daily ritual! :grimacing:

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

19. woodychandler

woodychandler Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,048) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I just got off of the phone with a local reporter for an interview re. my mayoral Candidacy & I feel like I need a beer. I have some errands to run this afternoon, so I went with something light:
    [​IMG]

20. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Alright Woody! CAN I say I knew you when? Congrats and bon chance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.