What beer are you drinking now? #3699

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Shanex, Dec 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Grand Pooh-Bah (4,466) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Regional Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Greetings and happy Tuesday all!

Pre-lunch beer today is Chimay brune and its red label. Always a reliable one, too.

We bought this am a new furniture for our living room. Need more space, always.

[​IMG]

Santé!

JZH1000, TCgenny, champ103 and 48 others like this.
  2. beer_beer

beer_beer Pooh-Bah (2,162) Feb 13, 2018 Finland
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Waiting for considerably more snow to fall today. Cheers!

This lager doesn't have that fruity hint as the one yesterday. Old faithful brand Karhu = bear. In a new design bottle though.

[​IMG]

JZH1000, TCgenny, champ103 and 47 others like this.
  3. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Grand Pooh-Bah (5,083) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not an expert in NA beers but would you expect a fruity character in a lager? Personally I would perceive it as a flaw in a lager. I guess it depends on the type of fruit we're talking about. Thanks for sharing your NA experiences and the nice snow photos.

4. beer_beer

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yes, I don't really know what it was. It was a domestic lager, must check if I can detect it again.

And thanks!

5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Grand Pooh-Bah (5,825) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good day BAs! Thanks @Shanex for starting today's thread with an old favorite I haven't seen around here in a long time! and @beer_beer, I guess yinz are comfortable with snow - for me winter is nastiest time of the year.

Today's New Breakfast Beer comes from @Whyteboar and NBS BIF #16:

[​IMG]

What is a Finnish Stout? And when did Upper Hand become a subsidiary of Bell's? Do I have to be a Yooper to know these things? Anyway, rating 3.74, rDev -8.3%.

6. Shanex

Shanex Grand Pooh-Bah (4,466) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Regional Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Chimay again? I’m on a roll. The blue one this time and I’ll call it done drinking for today.

[​IMG]
    Santé!

JZH1000, TCgenny, champ103 and 42 others like this.
  7. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,433) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good Day BAs! Usual chores done, time for my coffee -

[​IMG]

Bottled 10/4/22. Poured at 54° straight out of my chiller. Tasty!

Currently it is sunny and 66°. We may take the dogs to the Gulfport Tuesday Market for a walk about before it gets up into the high 70s today. Otherwise a pretty quiet morning. Cheers and have a terrific Tuesday y’all!

8. KevinSkywalker

KevinSkywalker Initiate (67) Jun 8, 2022 California

First Celebration of the season. Usually get some bottles as soon as it's released and drink it at the beach in San Diego but I gotta admit It's tasting quite fresh down by the crick on a nice December day in Ohio. I'm enjoying it.
    [​IMG]

9. KevinSkywalker

I've been drinking Straub Lager lately and I've seen some reviews that say it has a hint of apple in the smell and taste. It's not sweet at all. It finishes a little dry but I do pick up the hint of apple. I'm no beer expert but I would say it comes from the yeast they use. I don't think it's a flaw. I really like it.

TCgenny, Blogjackets, micada and 15 others like this.
  10. jkblr

jkblr Grand Pooh-Bah (4,968) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good morning BA
    Enjoying a second cup of coffee this morning
    [​IMG]
    in proper "mug-ware"
    Cheers all!

11. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

Just out of curiosity how far is The Gulf of Finland from where you live? And, speaking of a bear, how far are you away from St. Petersburg? Nice roasty looking lager!

12. KevinSkywalker

I don't drink many IPAs lately but I still love the C hop flavor. I always like the old Centennial IPAs and the Cascade in SNPA. Not sure exactly what Chinook hops taste like but I like this combo in this Celebration beer. Still remember when I wouldn't buy this beer because the comments on BA said it had cinnamon and Nutmeg in it.
    [​IMG]

13. beer_beer

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The Gulf of Finland is very near, we are talking meters, not kilometers :slight_smile:. Checked how far from St. Petersburg we are, it's almost 400 kilometers, wonder what I would have guessed, maybe 300? The lager was very proper, no surprises :beers:

14. beer_beer

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of winter myself, only ranking higher than late fall. Finnish stout, interesting...

15. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

16. Peach63

Peach63 Pooh-Bah (2,118) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Winter means ice fishing. Whoo hoo. Bring it on! :grin: 'course, as I get older, I wouldn't mind moving south.

Drinking Big Ditch Hayburner.

[​IMG]

17. KevinSkywalker

Haven't seen a Winter in 16 years. I'm Working in Punxsutawney area staying in Indiana PA. It's really nice over here. Still adjusting to the cold but I'm really liking it. Any beer recommendations out here in PA or Ohio? I'ma go check out Fat Heads on my day off.

#17 KevinSkywalker, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  18. jkblr

jkblr Grand Pooh-Bah (4,968) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Round #2
    [​IMG]
    One of my all time favorites. Cheers all!

JZH1000, TCgenny, champ103 and 38 others like this.
  19. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,433) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Our yard guy is done mowing, blowing, etc. It’s so nice outside that I’m having a second coffee on the patio - FBS:

[​IMG]

Mrs. Z is reading in bed, and we are collectively researching a Spring 2023 RV trip to Utah to visit the parks. Life is good, enjoy it while you can - Cheers y’all!

20. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.