Green Mountain Summer Ale

n/a
Notes:
nebula1999 from Connecticut

3.02/5  rDev -3.2%

This beer is touted as an American Pale Ale with Ballantine Yeast and Australian hops. But what I am tasting is a Belgian-Style blonde, and not a very good one. Makes me wonder if the bartender filled my growler with the correct beer. But nonetheless, this beer is harsh. I like a good Belgian Blonde but this is not one of them. I finished the growler the next day and it smoothed out some, but not enough.

Sep 25, 2015
puboflyons from New Hampshire

3.22/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

From the 22 fl. oz. bottle that is stamped Best Before 2013. I guess it should make it to December. Sampled on June 28, 2013.

The color is copper-yellow with cloudiness and a fizzy white head that builds up at first but eventually settles down and lingers.

The nose is pale malts but there is an abundance of citrus-based notes too. as well as butterscotch and vague spices.

The body is light to medium.

Flavor-wise, I am getting the same slightly tart pale malt character that I picked up in the nose. Hops are pulling up on the back side and there is this odd butterscotch note too. Some summers are easier to drink than this one.

Jun 28, 2013