Brewer's Alley Amber Fields Best Bitter | Brewer's Alley Restaurant & Brewery

brewers-alley.com

Style: English Bitter

Added by Rschis16 on 05-08-2011

3.95/5  rDev 0%

Darker amber or copper color with a small white-ish head that dissapates somewhat rapidly. Very aromatic beer marked by, in my opinion, a candied fruit-like smell. Its very sweet on the nose, but pleasantly so.

At first it's sweet from the small amount of caramel malts, followed by a mild hop bitterness that's pleasant on the palate. The sweetness is hard to place as its not all caramel. It's almost fruity but not overbearingly at all. Closest I can come to is that it tastes a little like oranges or possibly cantaloupe. The mouthfeel is a little watery but pleasantly easy to drink. It acts like a bigger ABV beer but at 4.4 percent it goes down really easy and welcomes another. For this alone I was pretty impressed by this one.

Reading up on it a little I learned that this was the first time in over 100 years that barley grown in Maryland was used in a beer, which I find to be pretty cool. Go local brews!

Brewer's Alley Amber Fields Best Bitter from Brewer's Alley Restaurant & Brewery