Pisgah Imperial IPA | Pisgah Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Pisgah Brewing Co.
North Carolina, United States
pisgahbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-09-2005

4.4

4.4/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Ahh a wonderful triple IPA from the boys at Pisgah. Poured a deep, and very bright orange. Lots of haze almost obscured the light but left enough to give it a wonderful hue. Some visible carbonation inside. Big white frothy head, faded and left a large amount of lace on the top that stayed till the bottom. Glass was linded with lots of gooey lace that dripped down the glass, very nice looking. Smell was very strong, lots of fresh hops, pine resin the biggest factor here with hints of alcohol, which at 10%abv is not a suprise. The flavor was un real, and very strong. Big alcohol and pine resin hit me first. Huge DIPA flavor and right up my alley. After it warmed some more subtle citrus tones started to come through. Some pineapple and grapefruit flavors fought with the unrelenting pine resin taste. Awesome strong bitter finish, 133 IBU! Great full and crisp mouth feel, and very dry at the end. Have to be careful with the ABV which can sneak up on you. Overall this was outstanding. I really love everything they put out at Pisgah and this was maybe my favorite. The best DIPA I have tasted from a local brewery. If you can get it its a must try, if you can't maybe I can help you out!

Pisgah Imperial IPA from Pisgah Brewing Co.