Pisgah Reserve: Biere De Garde | Pisgah Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Pisgah Brewing Co.
North Carolina, United States | website

Style: Bière de Garde

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by thagr81us on 01-26-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.53/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served from growler into a Long Trail shaker. Poured a pale golden yellow with a half finger white head that subsided to a minimal amount quickly. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, grain, wheat, earth, subtle tart cherry, and subtle sour. The flavor was of sweet malt, grain, earth, subtle dark chocolate, and spice. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a fairly decent brew. Based on the aroma going on in this one I was very intrigued by this one upon cracking open the growler. I know what to expect from the style so this was definitely a welcomed surprise when I found the slight sour note looming in the aroma. The flavor however was actually just about spot on for the style with big earthy notes and spices. A fairly well done brew that I'm happy that I stumbled upon in Asheville on a day of ticking so I could take a little ticking home with me. Tick.

Pisgah Reserve: Biere De Garde from Pisgah Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.